The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From Marine FC Chairman…

Good Evening,

I write this the week following our promotion from Step 8 to Step 7 of the football pyramid – promotion in our first season since our famous FA Cup run. I would like to thank all virtual ticket buyers who have helped completely transform our proud club over the last 18 months. The transition has been immense, and we are on a journey.

Our crowds have increased from an average of 400 to an average of 1,200. We have spent £250k completely renovating our clubrooms. We are investing £500k into a new 3G pitch which is being constructed as we speak and will be finished in time for the new season. This has all meant our revenues have increased dramatically from where they were, and we can compete on a completely different scale compared with pre-Covid. Further to that, our community engagement and activities have increased in a big way supporting many different groups within our local area.

We aren’t stopping there though and have plans to grow the fan base further. Plans to increase the revenues further. To grow our community efforts further. To expand our stadium capacity. We have transformed the structure of the club with the appointment of a General Manager, Community Director who are helping to drive the club forward along with our great manager, Neil Young who really is the best in the business. We are looking for more businesses to get involved in our newly formed Exec Club. If there are any people or businesses out there who want to help push us forward as a club please e-mail me on [email protected]. I will work with every person or business to see how each wants to get involved.

The last 18 months has been a blur. Mad off the pitch and mad on it. This season has been excellent. We got to the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup, playing billionaire owned Wrexham who were 3 levels above us. We were 1-0 up and seconds away from reaching the 1st round proper for the 2nd time in 28 years (the other was last season!) when unfortunately, we conceded a late free kick and subsequently lost the replay. It didn’t detract though from another excellent FA Cup run. In the league we achieved promotion through the play-offs. A Neil Kengni (who hit the crossbar against Spurs) hat-trick sent us through from the play-off semi-final followed by a play-off final win last Saturday against Runcorn Linnets. The scenes at the end were incredible and will live me forever. The celebrations after the goals and post-match can be found on the following link;

I have attached some photographs of our club now. It is a great place to be and from the bottom of our hearts we thank you for your support which has changed our world. I am sure most of you will be aware but we have installed a Virtual Wall at the stadium containing the names of the 32,202 people who purchased a virtual ticket. Feel free to come to the club at any time to see it and introduce yourself.

Feel free to get in touch with me direct with any questions

Wishing everyone a great summer and look forward to hopefully seeing you next season.

Many Thanks,

James Leary

CEO

Marine FC

From Marine FC Chairman…

Good Evening,

I write this the week following our promotion from Step 8 to Step 7 of the football pyramid – promotion in our first season since our famous FA Cup run. I would like to thank all virtual ticket buyers who have helped completely transform our proud club over the last 18 months. The transition has been immense, and we are on a journey.

Our crowds have increased from an average of 400 to an average of 1,200. We have spent £250k completely renovating our clubrooms. We are investing £500k into a new 3G pitch which is being constructed as we speak and will be finished in time for the new season. This has all meant our revenues have increased dramatically from where they were, and we can compete on a completely different scale compared with pre-Covid. Further to that, our community engagement and activities have increased in a big way supporting many different groups within our local area.

We aren’t stopping there though and have plans to grow the fan base further. Plans to increase the revenues further. To grow our community efforts further. To expand our stadium capacity. We have transformed the structure of the club with the appointment of a General Manager, Community Director who are helping to drive the club forward along with our great manager, Neil Young who really is the best in the business. We are looking for more businesses to get involved in our newly formed Exec Club. If there are any people or businesses out there who want to help push us forward as a club please e-mail me on [email protected]. I will work with every person or business to see how each wants to get involved.

The last 18 months has been a blur. Mad off the pitch and mad on it. This season has been excellent. We got to the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup, playing billionaire owned Wrexham who were 3 levels above us. We were 1-0 up and seconds away from reaching the 1st round proper for the 2nd time in 28 years (the other was last season!) when unfortunately, we conceded a late free kick and subsequently lost the replay. It didn’t detract though from another excellent FA Cup run. In the league we achieved promotion through the play-offs. A Neil Kengni (who hit the crossbar against Spurs) hat-trick sent us through from the play-off semi-final followed by a play-off final win last Saturday against Runcorn Linnets. The scenes at the end were incredible and will live me forever. The celebrations after the goals and post-match can be found on the following link;

I have attached some photographs of our club now. It is a great place to be and from the bottom of our hearts we thank you for your support which has changed our world. I am sure most of you will be aware but we have installed a Virtual Wall at the stadium containing the names of the 32,202 people who purchased a virtual ticket. Feel free to come to the club at any time to see it and introduce yourself.

Feel free to get in touch with me direct with any questions

Wishing everyone a great summer and look forward to hopefully seeing you next season.

Many Thanks,

James Leary

CEO

Marine FC

Just as a nice addition to the 3G Pitch plan:

Stockport win so just a point needed in their last game to go up. But… it’s against Halifax who are decent at that level. Still all to play for on the last weekend.

Commiserations to Wrexham but still hope for the playoffs. Stockport regained form just in time to go up. I’m pleased for them as they’re a decent club surrounded by wankers. Good luck to Wrexham in the playoffs. Also, presumably Wealdstone are happy to finish above Barnet? SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs Next season will be very interesting in the NL. There’s a lot of quality sides down there.

Commiserations to Wrexham but still hope for the playoffs. Stockport regained form just in time to go up. I’m pleased for them as they’re a decent club surrounded by wankers. Good luck to Wrexham in the playoffs. Also, presumably Wealdstone are happy to finish above Barnet? SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs Next season will be very interesting in the NL. There’s a lot of quality sides down there.
Delighted to be above those Barnet wankers.

Wrexham are very lucky that they have a final at Wembley before their playoff game(s).

They need to play another competitive match beforehand, after today's performance.

Apparently, the 2nd & 3rd placed teams sit it out until the semis, leaving the 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th placed teams to fight it out in the quarter finals over a single leg.

So Wrexham will play their semi at the Racecourse, and the winner of that will play the final at the Olympic Stadium.

I suspect that Wrexham won't be getting that far, based on today's performance.

WOW!

County were seconds away from going through in 90-minutes & they conceded.

Then Grimsby score the winner at 119 minutes. What a sickener for County!

Halifax Town FC 1 - 2 Chesterfield FC

Another away win in these playoffs.

So it will be Solihull Vs Chesterfield & Wrexham Vs Grimsby, next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom