The Norwich away match thread 30/1/13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's kinda as you were really... though Man Utd will feel like they've had the best midweek...

our point was eeked out more than earned... :avbcringe: if we were Man Utd or ArseAnal, we'd have smashed and grabbed a late - undeserved - winner... but we ain't, we're Spurs! :avbshit:

ArseAnal's point will feel very much GAINED annoyingly, :dempsey: and they convince themselves they CANNOT BE BEATEN AGAIN or summit... but at least Chelsea will feel that was 2 points very much dropped! :bentley:

as you were lads, as you were, stand easy... tomorrow's a BIG DAY! :levystare:

f8d7bbe32670e9f2362c648aba818369.gif

That's the sort of goal that should win you TITLES... rather than a point at Norwich!

he's just put another £20m on his Summer price tag! :balelol: :levylol:

Where does Holtby go in this case?
Where does Holtby go in this case?

That's for AVB to figure out..

But Bale needs to be in front of the net in an attacking position...........

As clinical as Defoe, technically gifted, strong in the air and can actually work with others.....

Bale...........Dempsey
Holtby..........Lennon
..Dembele Parker

Sort of a 4-2-2-2

Parker the CDM ..........Dembele and Holtby can float.

OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) tweeted at 9:48 PM on Wed, Jan 30, 2013:
26 - Lewis Holtby had more touches (26) in 19 minutes vs Norwich than Jermain Defoe (25) did in the whole match. Involved.

That's for AVB to figure out..

But Bale needs to be in front of the net in an attacking position...........

As clinical as Defoe, technically gifted, strong in the air and can actually work with others.....

Bale...........Dempsey
Holtby..........Lennon
..Dembele Parker

Sort of a 4-2-2-2

Parker the CDM ..........Dembele and Holtby can float.
if anything you make that a 4-3-3 with Bale, Dempsey and lennon all floating insert Ade for Dempsey when he returns (Ade runs out left so often anyway that even if Bale starts as the LST he'll have lots of space in the middle as Ade vacates and pulls defenders out)

yea

-----------------------Lloris----------------------
Walker---Dawson/Caulk-----Vertonghen------B.A.E
----------------------Parker----------------------
-------------Holtby-----------Dembele------------
---Lennon---------------------------------Bale---
--------------*Motivated* Adebayor--------------

if anything you make that a 4-3-3 with Bale, Dempsey and lennon all floating insert Ade for Dempsey when he returns (Ade runs out left so often anyway that even if Bale starts as the LST he'll have lots of space in the middle as Ade vacates and pulls defenders out)

Fair point...........4-3-3.

Either way, Bale needs to sit up front ....He needs to be getting shots on goal.

Enough of him having

A) Stay on the left and be isolated
B) Having to back-track and cover for A&E (which he doesn't nearly do much of anymore)

He has a nose for the goal.........And he wants to score. And he is damn good at it.

Couldn't believe that Holtby got a yellow for that tackle in this game, especially after the stance the ref took. Anyway that first half was a shocking performance. Don't think I have seen someone been caught in possession as much as Parker was tonight.

yea

If we are to use the deep anchor type of 4-3-3 we are most likely gonna need Ade to be slightly deeper than Lennon/Bale most of the time to really bring the rest of the side into action with Lewis and Dembele making runs ahead of him when we play the ball into him

Could of been better, could of been worse.

Fair play to Norwich, taking advantage of a very sloppy first half from us.

Holtby made the difference though. Hopefully a sign of good things to come. We need a new Rafa. Badly.

yea

__________________Lloris__________________
_Walker___Caulker______Vertonghen___Benny_
________________Dembele__________________
___________Siggy__________Holtby__________
____Lennon________________________Bale___
________________Adebayor__________________

Call the cops I don't give a fuck

Just got back from the game, got a nice hospitality place with the firm i work for.

Shocking first half from us played into Norwich's hands who played with passion and tempo, where we had none. Nothing was happening for us across the park and we needed to get in at half time at 1-0 as it could have been worse. Second half was a totally different story, moved the ball a lot faster with less stupid lumps upfield against the wind (!!!) and got our just rewards. Holtby looks a cracking player, could he do the Modric role for us further up the park? Lays a pass then runs off his man straightaway just like our diminutive Croatian used to but then (gasp) actually tries to get in the box.

Watched the game on my phone which can only be described as slide show viewing but even with my little frame rate I could see that our build up play was too slow, Parker still has no idea what to do in possession and Holtby was everything we needed.

Slight surprised/disappointed by the starting line up, when you only play 1 up front you probably need a few attacking options in midfield, Holtby could have slotted in alongside Dembele and would have offered us something more on the whole.

I know it's not popular to slate Scott Parker, a cracking personality in the dressing room but we need more creativity/high tempo ball players.

I didn't think Parker was on balance as terrible as he might have superficially appeared. A lot of his giveaways came from the fact that he was one of the only players really trying to push and get the ball forwards- he looked very much like he was playing past his limitations unnecessarily today with Dembele not contributing as much positive momentum as usual. I appreciated his work rate at times when we looked very static today.

Back
Top Bottom