The Old Firm!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just looking at the financials they are pretty comparable with PL relegation fodder/Championship promotion seekers.

But again, IF they were allowed in the Premier League, they would probably be in a position to invest a lot to stay there, and if they did manage to establish themselves would have a platform for growth with their passionate multinational following, large market, big stadia, etc, etc. They're giant clubs, they just can't attract any TV audience for games against anyone but each other, and TV money runs the game now.

I would be in favor of letting them in, personally. Along with any other Scottish clubs that wanted to join the English pyramid. I think the relationship Wales has to the English League is better for the game there than the way Scottish football is withering and dying.

And a Premier League with Rangers and Celtic would be a stronger league and a stronger TV property which would ultimately benefit the whole league as against La Liga, Serie A, etc.

I often wonder about the practicality of away day travel though..... Harsh on the dedicated match-going Scots to have to travel all the way down here every fortnight.

A tough pill to swallow; especially for commercial reasons.

I’m one of the few that wouldn’t mind them in the PL and let Scotland have a fairer shout.
Rather them than Swansea and Cardiff, what’s the difference
About 100 years?

The thing is, Sammy, they woukdnt have shown the slightest interest in the premiership before ut became awash with cash. I remember an interview on 5 live a couple of years ago with a Scottish journo about it. He said it should HAD to happen. When challenged on this, he couldn't come up with a sporting reason. His entire justification was "cos the premiership has all the money".

At least Swansea and Cardiff ( and if was the FA I woukd give them both notice to leave the English structure) have that element of history

Last edited:
I know this is going to piss off any welsh on here,but Wales officially is a principality of England,so Swansea ,Cardiff etc have every right to play in the English leagues.Same with Cricket,the English team is actually England & Wales.

Back
Top Bottom