The Once-Mighty Spurs vs Mancs - Sat 30th Oct, 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After having slept on it, that performance still hurts, and this week will be spent avoiding all media.
I'm now off to church to ask God what have I done that is so wrong to have to put up with this!
Sad Classic Film GIF by Warner Archive

It’s getting harder to follow. Like other fans I went to wolves away. I would have gone to Burnley the other day, but couldn’t make it. I’m scheduled to go to Everton next week. I messaged my mates after today and said I don’t really fancy going anymore. But who’s going to take my ticket now? We’ve decided to go to away games just for the day out rather than the football.

I probably have the second most expensive ticket in the ground. Today a lad in front of me left after 61 minutes. The guys sitting to the right of me were from Denmark, bought merchandise from the club shop, had a laugh at Ben Davies and left.

Against Villa the guy sitting behind me flew in from Helsinki, Finland. We’re got chatting after the game. He said he paid £72 for the ticket, £150 for a PCR test and then flights, hotel and food on top of that. He does this about 3 or 4 times. So the point is at the moment because we are still coming back from covid and crowds have been missing there are still enough tourists to get by. These aren’t your tourists who turn up just to see a football match. They genuinely love the club - you wouldn’t spend that kind of money if you did. But for the local fans like me who live a 30 min trip around the north circular, me not turning up to a game doesn’t really do anything. I’ll be at the vitesse game and that will be a better representation of the fans that go who literally go no matter what. If we were in league 2 those fans that turn up on Thursday would also turn up in league 2.

I’m going to complain because I have a right to as a paying customer. But I know full well that my complaints are futile because I’m part of the problem because levy sees £ signs.

All this leads me on to this. The fans that attend matches are different to the keyboard warriors on forums like this. The fans that attend have a higher tolerance threshold. However today I heard boos that were deafening. I have never heard boos like that from the normal match going faithful at spurs since George Graham days. Secondly I have never heard our fans actively sing for the manager and Levy to be sacked. That was easily the most toxic atmosphere I can remember at WHL. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 85% of my life. Today was more toxic than the Alan Sugar days.

There were fans today that could have left much earlier but they stayed just to boo at the end. I never boo, but I joined in today. That doesn’t make me less of a fan. In fact I was proud that fans booed, it showed passion and care for the club.

When the normal match going fans have turned then you know you’re in the shit.

A famous man once said: There used to be a football club over there.

Today I left the ground thinking of that quote!

Great post.

I left when the second goal went in against Chelsea. However, yesterday I stayed until the end to let the hierarchy know how I felt. I have two brothers, and two mates I sit with, in expensive seats £2k plus per season. The geeza next to me said he isn’t coming back this season, and gave me his number so he can send me his ticket.

Levy needs to acknowledge that he is the problem.

Fuck you Daniel Levy. Get out of Tottenham.

The deadleyledley post (I can't find it) is one of the finest posts I have read.

Completely highlights the feelings of those fans who follow through thick and thin.

It is a hard but sobering read and like another post I saw earlier, which is much shorter, it is what Levy needs to read.

I refuse to subscribe to the notion that Levy and ENIC want to see us flounder. Complete illogic but they failed to capitalise when they should, and have, in appointing Santo compounded the Mourinho calamity.

If you add the Kane sh!t, and the abrogation in duty in failing to sign a back-up and some would say only striker, it just leaves the suggestion of disregard as the only answer.

Levy must act swiftly.

Last edited:
Just read this was the first home game since the AVB Pool 5-0 we didn’t have a shot on target.

How symbolic

Against a team who were lucky the previous week to concede 5.

I wrote in the week that United had nothing to fear. Derided but not by many..

Santo needs to go. He looks tough but plays as though he is scared.

Let's get Howe or go for Potter or whoever. Somebody young and fresh. They will get time and patience.

It needs swift action.

Last edited:
Against a team who were lucky the previous week to concede 5.

I wrote in the week that United had nothing to fear. Derided but not by many..

Santo needs to go. He lppks tough but plays as though he is scared.

Let's get Howe or go for Potter or whoever. Somebody young and fresh. They will get time and patience.

It needs swift action.
Under Jose people thought this was a top 4 squad being wasted.
Although Nuno has shown massive mistakes and flaws, yesterday changed my mind totally with that sub that he should be given more time, I still don’t see anyone waltzing in here and turning it around without some HUGE decisions.

Would Potter or Howe have the guts to make the decisions we all know need making?
I’m not so sure.

This really only gets resolved when certain players aren’t at the club any more and can’t be played

Just watching MOTD and have just seen KWP beat a man and create a chance!
WTF
Sorry for the obtuseness but seeing Davies et al be so negative I’ve lost the ability to follow a thread.
The team look frightened to take a chance. Individual players had fear instilled in them by Mourinho’s methods and this is now compounded with boos from the supporters.
Short term - sports psychologists and support from the crowd.
Medium term - a manager who is allowed to truly follow his own football beliefs (Nuno has never really played in this style or formation before)
Long Term - To dare is to do
COYS
Alot of our issue is to do with the players attitude.

It's easy to say mourhino method instilled fear, what mourhino method show's, is the weak mentality in our sqaud, players who lack the abilty to think and make decisions.

Mourhino teams require's the abilty to concertrate and focus on the job at hand and good decision makers, which is just as successful as teams that require the abilty to think quickly and create.

Regardless of what mourhino might have said to players, it's not gospel and as an individual, you have to have the abilty to reflect on that information and if there is any truth in the statement, take steps to address the issue, otherwise just keep your head down and keep working hard on your craft.

The current crop of player of this generation lack the 'taking responsibility for my actions and behaviour', all that is expected is that you give 100%, the best of your ability.

The only player in our squad who is cut from the right cloth unfornately is lucas moura and probably son.

I especially liked bringing Dele on. Like mate, he's not going to be the one that saves the game lol.

These players that you questioned their commmitment and clearly labelled "second string" aren't going to bust their balls.

Under Jose people thought this was a top 4 squad being wasted.
Although Nuno has shown massive mistakes and flaws, yesterday changed my mind totally with that sub that he should be given more time, I still don’t see anyone waltzing in here and turning it around without some HUGE decisions.

Would Potter or Howe have the guts to make the decisions we all know need making?
I’m not so sure.

This really only gets resolved when certain players aren’t at the club any more and can’t be played

Tend to agree with most of that but on the key questions I have no idea.

Santo has to be relieved of his duties. He is a tad unlucky maybe but he is not helping himself enough to deserve or warrant more time.

And once the fans turn to that extent, where let's face it, we are more likely to get our points, the decision is a simple one.

If not we move into a relegation fight and there is nothing to suggest we have the stomach for that.

Tend to agree with most of that but on the key questions I have no idea.

Santo has to be relieved of his duties. He is a tad unlucky maybe but he is not helping himself enough to deserve or warrant more time.

And once the fans turn to that extent, where let's face it, we are more likely to get our points, the decision is a simple one.

If not we move into a relegation fight and there is nothing to suggest we have the stomach for that.
We could actually go down and that’s not hysterics.

Alot of our issue is to do with the players attitude.

It's easy to say mourhino method instilled fear, what mourhino method show's, is the weak mentality in our sqaud, players who lack the abilty to think and make decisions.

Mourhino teams require's the abilty to concertrate and focus on the job at hand and good decision makers, which is just as successful as teams that require the abilty to think quickly and create.

Regardless of what mourhino might have said to players, it's not gospel and as an individual, you have to have the abilty to reflect on that information and if there is any truth in the statement, take steps to address the issue, otherwise just keep your head down and keep working hard on your craft.

The current crop of player of this generation lack the 'taking responsibility for my actions and behaviour', all that is expected is that you give 100%, the best of your ability.

The only player in our squad who is cut from the right cloth unfornately is lucas moura and probably son.
I was very careful to not state whether I agreed or disagree with Mourinho’s methods, motivations or managerial strategies.
Neither did I comment over whether the players had the fear instilled in them as a direct result or by way of their weak mentality.
I agree that Mourinho’s asked for mental fortitude. Strong, decisive and committed players.
Unfortunately he wasn’t able to support those that required support. He could only deride, ostracise and humiliate those which required help and scaffold to reach their peak.

We could actually go down and that’s not hysterics.

Yep, we have a good set of points (amazing really) and there are 4 or 5 teams who you just can't see grabbing too many wins, aside from when they play each other.

If we start (and we haven't so far) were to lose to that group then yes, possibly.

But we need to avoid the notion of a relegation fight and a poor squad and quickly, or finding a manager of any quality becomes even harder.

For all this to happen, I think (90% sure) Santo needs to go before our next game or certainly ahead of the one after that, regardless of the result of the former.

That Hojbjerg moment really wound me up. I’m at the other end of the South Stand and was shouting at him to get onto the players. He should have been bellowing at them. Someone needs to get in H’s face and make him uncomfortable. That would set an example. Like when Hugo - harshly but with good intentions - got at Sonny. If we see passion and fight there’ll be an immediate positive reaction. Like City at home. Trash like yesterday deserves silence at best.
I actually thought the support was decent all things considered

It's damn shame. He tried but he should never been offered the job. This is 101% down to Levy and his Parasite with more than a touch of Mendes.
It really is. I was very impressed with the way he made the wolves team play during his time there, they played with great intensity, heart and passion and for me even during the height of the champagne football Poch reign, it was a game I didn't feel confident going into.

The fact he was given a two year contract clearly indicates that he was a stop gap appointment, or at the very least they didn't see him as a long term appointment until he proved his worth at a bigger club. And with the lack of managers wanting to sign for us due to Levy's demands, I don't think it was a bad choice by any stretch. He's just not delivered at all has he. As I for one, thought he was worthy of the step up to a club like ours, but again, he's royally fudged things with the dross he has at his disposal by not implementing an identity in the team, apart from slow, timid football completely lacking in ideas.

If he lasts until Christmas, I won't be surprised, but as we all saw yesterday and in our previous game ad nauseum, the gent should be sacked with immediate effect!

Result was horrendous.

Romero was awful. At fault for the 2nd and 3rd goals. I think I prefer Sanchez with the amount of mistakes that Romero is making game after game.

But overall I thought the performance of the team was ok. We had at least as many chances as United. Possession was good. Just some shit defensive errors. And neither Kane nor Son able to hit the target.

Also, we had so many corners and did nothing with it. I don’t remember our last set piece goal.
You thought a match at home in which we couldn’t muster a single shot on target was “ok” ????

Are you insane ?

The deadleyledley post (I can't find it) is one of the finest posts I have read.

Completely highlights the feelings of those fans who follow through thick and thin.

It is a hard but sobering read and like another post I saw earlier, which is much shorter, it is what Levy needs to read.

I refuse to subscribe to the notion that Levy and ENIC want to see us flounder. Complete illogic but they failed to capitalise when they should, and have, in appointing Santo compounded the Mourinho calamity.

If you add the Kane sh!t, and the abrogation in duty in failing to sign a back-up and some would say only striker, it just leaves the suggestion of disregard as the only answer.

Levy must act swiftly.
Cheers. Here it is fella.

It’s getting harder to follow. Like other fans I went to wolves away. I would have gone to Burnley the other day, but couldn’t make it. I’m scheduled to go to Everton next week. I messaged my mates after today and said I don’t really fancy going anymore. But who’s going to take my ticket now? We’ve decided to go to away games just for the day out rather than the football.

I probably have the second most expensive ticket in the ground. Today a lad in front of me left after 61 minutes. The guys sitting to the right of me were from Denmark, bought merchandise from the club shop, had a laugh at Ben Davies and left.

Against Villa the guy sitting behind me flew in from Helsinki, Finland. We’re got chatting after the game. He said he paid £72 for the ticket, £150 for a PCR test and then flights, hotel and food on top of that. He does this about 3 or 4 times. So the point is at the moment because we are still coming back from covid and crowds have been missing there are still enough tourists to get by. These aren’t your tourists who turn up just to see a football match. They genuinely love the club - you wouldn’t spend that kind of money if you did. But for the local fans like me who live a 30 min trip around the north circular, me not turning up to a game doesn’t really do anything. I’ll be at the vitesse game and that will be a better representation of the fans that go who literally go no matter what. If we were in league 2 those fans that turn up on Thursday would also turn up in league 2.

I’m going to complain because I have a right to as a paying customer. But I know full well that my complaints are futile because I’m part of the problem because levy sees £ signs.

All this leads me on to this. The fans that attend matches are different to the keyboard warriors on forums like this. The fans that attend have a higher tolerance threshold. However today I heard boos that were deafening. I have never heard boos like that from the normal match going faithful at spurs since George Graham days. Secondly I have never heard our fans actively sing for the manager and Levy to be sacked. That was easily the most toxic atmosphere I can remember at WHL. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 85% of my life. Today was more toxic than the Alan Sugar days.

There were fans today that could have left much earlier but they stayed just to boo at the end. I never boo, but I joined in today. That doesn’t make me less of a fan. In fact I was proud that fans booed, it showed passion and care for the club.

When the normal match going fans have turned then you know you’re in the shit.

A famous man once said: There used to be a football club over there.

Today I left the ground thinking of that quote!

Back
Top Bottom