The PODCAST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I loved the pod, never had a prouder day than when they actually had a question of mine on it. I don't really know why I went off it, one day came along and I just thought fuck it and I just stopped.

Dry, boring, HE’S A CUNT! What exactly is he meant to take from that?
And that's me being constructive...I'm sure they have a lot of fun recording them and I really tried to listen to them in the early days but I was always distracted by the naff intro music and my attention always faded, dunno if it was the subject matter or the guy's delivery, it just wasn't my cup of tea...then windy had a rant that youth players should be getting the hell out of the club....just put me right off.

The pod is still 70% football talk and the dick jokes are usually at the end. If that’s not your thing people then just shut the pod off after Windy/review of next game. That’s what I do sometimes.

I fear that Flav started by championing fans via 1882 and derided stuff like AFTV. Going full time may face a backlash that he’s joined Robbie. However the recent Poch edition was superb, so maybe it’s a question of maturity and evolution.

I fear that Flav started by championing fans via 1882 and derided stuff like AFTV. Going full time may face a backlash that he’s joined Robbie. However the recent Poch edition was superb, so maybe it’s a question of maturity and evolution.

This.... I'm entirely aware i'm not old skool TFC but seen similar over and over....

What's the other option?

Stay the same and face accusations of staleness and be left trading as a 'nostalgia' act..

The trick is evolving in tune with ones audience at a rate the suits venture and audience.

Since ive been listening there's been an increase in the amount of serious content, more written articles, more socials, the advent of the extra inch and a number of really good specials.... (The contracts special was top draw content imo!)

None of the personalities involved are overbearing... I understand the dick jokes and stuff aren't for everyone but rather than becoming more juvenile, as a broader project i'd say it's 'growing up'.

Regular listeners will likely note that they often discuss the idea of the non-footy stuff branching off for it's own show anyway....

Re: monetisation... As long as we're not bombarded with ads and the content isn't compromised then good luck to the lads... Just means things can keep rolling as outgoings inevitably keep creeping up.

Last edited:

Also.... AFTV monetises their misery...

Thats a far cry from what i hear from the lads each week.

This.... I'm entirely aware i'm not old skool TFC but seen similar over and over....

What's the other option?

Stay the same and face accusations of staleness and be left trading as a 'nostalgia' act..

The trick is evolving in tune with ones audience at a rate the suits venture and audience.

Since ive been listening there's been an increase in the amount of serious content, more written articles, more socials, the advent of the extra inch and a number of really good specials.... (The contracts special was top draw content imo!)

None of the personalities involved are overbearering... I understand the dick jokes and stuff aren't for everyone but rather than becoming more juvenile, as a broader project i'd say it's 'growing up'.

Regular listeners will likely note that they often discuss the idea of the non-footy stuff branching off for it's own show anyway....

Re: monetisation... As long as we're not bombarded with ads and the content isn't compromised then good luck to the lads... Just means things can keep rolling as outgoings inevitably keep creeping up.
I’ve noticed that there have been occasional adverts,but they soon disappear. I suspect that splitting the 70 v 30 percent would be advertiser friendly.

I love the podcast and everyone who has ever been on it.
It is the best Spurs podcast by far and I listen to it all the time.
Flav is great and Windy is too.

Hope they both make lots of money from talking shit and analysing stuff.

Case is the business too. King of the forums for sure.

*(I am very aware they know exactly who I am and exactly where I live)

I’ve noticed that there have been occasional adverts,but they soon disappear. I suspect that splitting the 70 v 30 percent would be advertiser friendly.

On the upside they did spent much of the ad time at the begining of this season trying to give me beer. :)

Just stating my opinion...you know, this being a forum and all...didn't realise you were beyond criticism.

Just seems weird to me that you're posting on the forum of a podcast which you know we all post on and read, someone's posted a largely positive and interesting thread asking about the evolution of the podcast, and you've basically gone 'it's shit, mate, and that Windy's a cunt'. You're shitting on something a lot of people on here enjoy, and obviously that's gonna ruin my day if I read it, and the chances are I'm going to read it. Spoiler: I read it. Would you come up to me in the street and call me a cunt? I highly doubt it. So why post it here? What did you hope to achieve other than deliberately bringing someone down (and let' be honest, that's a very weird thing to set out to do)?

When your mates tell you about their passions in life do you get in their faces and say 'THAT'S SHIT, THAT'S SHIT, THAT'S REALLY SHIT, HE'S A CUNT, YOU'RE A CUNT, THE PEOPLE YOU LIKE ARE CUNTS'? Again, I doubt it.

It's not about me being beyond criticism - I get plenty of that, some constructive and some not. It's about what you are adding to an argument, a conversation, the universe.

Tbh I'm disappointed in myself that I've wasted ten minutes on a Saturday night replying to this. Crack on, ArtyB.

Just seems weird to me that you're posting on the forum of a podcast which you know we all post on and read, someone's posted a largely positive and interesting thread asking about the evolution of the podcast, and you've basically gone 'it's shit, mate, and that Windy's a cunt'. You're shitting on something a lot of people on here enjoy, and obviously that's gonna ruin my day if I read it, and the chances are I'm going to read it. Spoiler: I read it. Would you come up to me in the street and call me a cunt? I highly doubt it. So why post it here? What did you hope to achieve other than deliberately bringing someone down (and let' be honest, that's a very weird thing to set out to do)?

When your mates tell you about their passions in life do you get in their faces and say 'THAT'S SHIT, THAT'S SHIT, THAT'S REALLY SHIT, HE'S A CUNT, YOU'RE A CUNT, THE PEOPLE YOU LIKE ARE CUNTS'? Again, I doubt it.

It's not about me being beyond criticism - I get plenty of that, some constructive and some not. It's about what you are adding to an argument, a conversation, the universe.

Tbh I'm disappointed in myself that I've wasted ten minutes on a Saturday night replying to this. Crack on, ArtyB.

Fuck off windy you cunt

:dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom