The PODCAST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And that's me being constructive...I'm sure they have a lot of fun recording them and I really tried to listen to them in the early days but I was always distracted by the naff intro music and my attention always faded, dunno if it was the subject matter or the guy's delivery, it just wasn't my cup of tea...then windy had a rant that youth players should be getting the hell out of the club....just put me right off.
That’s you being constructive? Did you learn your councilling skills from Derek & Clive tapes?

Still listen to every episode and it was awesome to finally appear on one earlier this season.
To keep going for so long with such consistency on a free piece of content is remarkable in itself and I don't think you appreciate that unless you've ever tried to do something similar yourself.

Besides enjoying the pod in its own right, listening to TFC has often been a bit of a comfort blanket for me in times of anxiety and stress. It's like catching up with a bunch of old mates , listening to them chat shit for an hour.

It's not always perfect but I still download every week.

Genius, in lean no game times turning on the pod and creating a civil war would be perfect to tide us over, keep going!!!

giphy.gif

To be fair the Heung Min Son thread had turned in to an abbattoir and I needed to direct my energies elsewhere, not sure it quite went the way I hoped..

Though I do feel a bit more like giving Windy a friendly reassuring hug without inappropriate touching.

I love the podcast and everyone who has ever been on it.
It is the best Spurs podcast by far and I listen to it all the time.
Flav is great and Windy is too.

Hope they both make lots of money from talking shit and analysing stuff.

Case is the business too. King of the forums for sure.

*(I am very aware they know exactly who I am and exactly where I live)

We all know you're saying this for a free case of Beer 52 and a free £20 bonus from Fansbet....

:sonpoint:

Anyone else pleasantly surprised Spurs Official adverts are on there too?

Just seems weird to me that you're posting on the forum of a podcast which you know we all post on and read, someone's posted a largely positive and interesting thread asking about the evolution of the podcast, and you've basically gone 'it's shit, mate, and that Windy's a cunt'. You're shitting on something a lot of people on here enjoy, and obviously that's gonna ruin my day if I read it, and the chances are I'm going to read it. Spoiler: I read it. Would you come up to me in the street and call me a cunt? I highly doubt it. So why post it here? What did you hope to achieve other than deliberately bringing someone down (and let' be honest, that's a very weird thing to set out to do)?

When your mates tell you about their passions in life do you get in their faces and say 'THAT'S SHIT, THAT'S SHIT, THAT'S REALLY SHIT, HE'S A CUNT, YOU'RE A CUNT, THE PEOPLE YOU LIKE ARE CUNTS'? Again, I doubt it.

It's not about me being beyond criticism - I get plenty of that, some constructive and some not. It's about what you are adding to an argument, a conversation, the universe.

Tbh I'm disappointed in myself that I've wasted ten minutes on a Saturday night replying to this. Crack on, ArtyB.

Love your work WindyCOYS WindyCOYS . The site, independent of the Pod has a combative nature that has taken on a life of it's own. Strangely enough within the context of the site and the rest of the discussions that are in play ArtyB ArtyB 's dig out is much less the fuck you, you might think it is. This site permits full and franks exchanges where the only brakes are when enough people have had enough the plug gets pulled.

The phrase "Cunt off," is well known here but I can't imagine a scenario where I interject it into a real world conversation.

Love the pod, and I'm a 30%er.
Shit does get real strange sometimes, but I find it funny. Some of the questions people send in, I worry about those people tbh!
Good bunch on there, fairly balanced not too much hype or too much doom and gloom if we lose.
In fact they always ease the pain if we lose.
:adesalute:

Just seems weird to me that you're posting on the forum of a podcast which you know we all post on and read, someone's posted a largely positive and interesting thread asking about the evolution of the podcast, and you've basically gone 'it's shit, mate, and that Windy's a cunt'. You're shitting on something a lot of people on here enjoy, and obviously that's gonna ruin my day if I read it, and the chances are I'm going to read it. Spoiler: I read it. Would you come up to me in the street and call me a cunt? I highly doubt it. So why post it here? What did you hope to achieve other than deliberately bringing someone down (and let' be honest, that's a very weird thing to set out to do)?

When your mates tell you about their passions in life do you get in their faces and say 'THAT'S SHIT, THAT'S SHIT, THAT'S REALLY SHIT, HE'S A CUNT, YOU'RE A CUNT, THE PEOPLE YOU LIKE ARE CUNTS'? Again, I doubt it.

It's not about me being beyond criticism - I get plenty of that, some constructive and some not. It's about what you are adding to an argument, a conversation, the universe.

Tbh I'm disappointed in myself that I've wasted ten minutes on a Saturday night replying to this. Crack on, ArtyB.

FFS now Windy is sad and that's made me sad. Weekend ruined.

I enjoy the pod, can't remember when I first started listening but it feels like an age ago.

Makes me feel a bit better when we lose, love it when we win, and has made me laugh loads of times.

Remember when the guys on the pod posted on the forum? Maybe a commentary on how they feel the forum has evolved into something they want very little to do with. If that’s the case, and I don’t blame them one little bit, it’s easy to see how the pod isn’t the be all for a lot of forum users.

Yeah, I remember Flav calling this place a hellmouth...I call windy a moany cunt and my psychological reasoning is called into question... sorry if I upset his sensibilities, we use cunt over here so much it can be used as a term of affection. He obviously knows a lot about the kids and I'm sure his rant about KWP, if I recall, came from frustration and I'm sure he regretted saying it, but it didn't sit well with me...

I've probably listened to 50% of the podcasts since they started, and most of the time I've enjoyed them a lot.

I'm involved with a Norwegian Spurs podcast and we have monthly episodes. Gotta say I'm very impressed by the fact that they manage weekly episodes over so many years. Takes a lot of time and effort. Some of the videos like the White Hart Lane and the stuff they are doing now with TBWAH book is brilliant, and also the 1882 stuff back in the day. Hats off to everyone involved!

I loved the 1882 games.

I'm on old cunt but I only missed 2. One of which was the first one and it was too short notice for me to make.

The games at Underhill and the Youth Cup Semi at the Chavs were brilliant nights.

An U18 Vs Fulham at Dagenham gets an honourable mention if only for the...and 37 is Harry Kane chant. The longest in recorded THFC history.

Yeah, I remember Flav calling this place a hellmouth...I call windy a moany cunt and my psychological reasoning is called into question... sorry if I upset his sensibilities, we use cunt over here so much it can be used as a term of affection. He obviously knows a lot about the kids and I'm sure his rant about KWP, if I recall, came from frustration and I'm sure he regretted saying it, but it didn't sit well with me...

Actually I laughed a bit reading this because I thought Windy called it a hell mouth not Flav..

I do if they are gooners...

Didn't exactly say that to you though....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom