The Premier League - better or worse

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“Ironically” money has devalued the Premier league....yes, once average teams are getting better but truth be told when was the last time a Premier league “giant” bought a true established superstar?....🤔

This league goes around in circles, Man Utd dominated by out spending everyone else for years, Woolwich had a 3/4 year period where they could spend on quality, once that dried up let’s be honest they became a steady top 4 team and nothing more, Chelsea bought titles, went to shit and bought some more titles, and they will come full circle and buy some more soon enough.
City are a fucking joke club to be honest and they can’t get punished hard enough as far as I’m concerned....

There are some complete garbage players on some serious money, who couldn’t give one fuck about their team, only their image and bank balance....
Right now football seems to me that a lot of players treat football as a means of supporting their lifestyle, Dale Alli is a prime example and I’m really starting to dislike him, a lot!!

Back in the day teams had one sub, you could almost pick the starting 11 every single week, yet they played more league games, won cups, and competed in Europe traveling on commercial transport as not private fucking jets, yet they are“stressed out“ these days, pick up more injuries than yellow cards, and now they need a winter fucking break🙄.....
We have created a nanny football culture and we somehow still fund this fucking shit show without even thinking about it......
I suppose it’s a drug we have got addicted to and there is no cure......

Weaker and its pretty obvious to me

Chelsea, Utd, Scum from 15 years ago would wipe the floor with their relative team today.

Redknapps Spurs would beat this current one about 9-0

Liverpool? Hard to say because everyone is so shit. Probably par with the Gerrard era which was basically just top 4.

City are better than they was of course, how strange when you spend 2bn

Where would we (today) finish in 2005? Probably about 15th

Back
Top Bottom