The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As it stands we could finish as low as 15th.

One game at a time please.
we're staying up.
Happy Season 5 GIF by Friends

Pretty incredible how well Conte has done despite what may happen. We’ve lost some pretty odd games, won a few we may not have deserved but also completely smashed a bunch of teams.

I just hope when Woolwich actually show up, that they get absolutely destroyed. They really deserve it.

Pretty incredible how well Conte has done despite what may happen. We’ve lost some pretty odd games, won a few we may not have deserved but also completely smashed a bunch of teams.

I just hope when Woolwich actually show up, that they get absolutely destroyed. They really deserve it.

Yep, I keep thinking about where we were when Numo was sacked, and where we are today. Im not taking anything for granted, but had I been offered for a Europa spot a few months back, I would taken it.

To think that now we are within reach of CL football is insane. Fixed our GD along the way.

In addition, we are now scoring freely, our 2 new recruits have settled in brilliantly, and its a pleasure to watch us play.

I'd suggest the chances of 3rd are pretty small - maybe 1 in 10 - as Spurs are 5 points behind and they have a game in hand.

But in April they have another 6 games (ie weekend and mid week) which includes playing Madrid twice and Woolwich and Wham, so could slip up this month (fingers crossed) although I wouldn't bank on it .
But wouldn't it be brilliant if Chelski finished 5th ! That would wipe thst smug look off of Teucal's face !

Of course it is.
It’s equally in their hands too (mathematically). We could win all our games and still not do it ergo not unequivocally in our hands by my definition

Whatever, we aren’t winning 8 games anyway
and they definitely won’t win 9 or even 8.

They are 5/6 and we are evens…..so bookies still make them slight fave

If we finished 3rd it would mean we lost home and away to both Chelsea and United but finished above them.

It *could* even be possible to to throw Woolwich in there too.

Anyway, I forgot Woolwich were playing last night and just saw the score

Pop Tv Laughing GIF by Schitt's Creek
Man Slapping Couch Laughing GIF

Let's not celebrate winning five one whilst our main rivals lose three nil? - so just when can we celebrate? Have a few beers and celebrate a great 48 hours, you just might find you enjoy it.
We can celebrate of course, but let’s keep it sensible. We all want to have the last laugh, don’t we?

It’s equally in their hands too (mathematically). We could win all our games and still not do it ergo not unequivocally in our hands by my definition

Whatever, we aren’t winning 8 games anyway
and they definitely won’t win 9 or even 8.

They are 5/6 and we are evens…..so bookies still make them slight fave
It's in our hands. No matter what they do it is in our own hands to do better.
It's in our hands.
To put it another way it is in our own hands.

Last edited:
Except they won't... they'll win this and convince themselves it's all 'on again'... (Unless Brighton come at them aggressively like Palace did!)

Flat track bullies, remember?
I think Potter can out think Arteta to be honest. Just need their strikers to have a good day for once.

Except they won't... they'll win this and convince themselves it's all 'on again'... (Unless Brighton come at them aggressively like Palace did!)

Flat track bullies, remember?
Other teams will start to fancy beating the clowns. They’ll look at Palace and think they can match them. Home crowd will go deafeningly quiet as they realise what they’re in for. Fans will start to leave on 55 mins. Twats on fan TV will call for Arteta to go with Vera to replace etc.

I think Potter can out think Arteta to be honest. Just need their strikers to have a good day for once.
They have failed to score in 6 of their last 7 games. But Arse have only scored once in their last 3.
14/5 for the draw is not good enough for a bet but...who knows?

Back
Top Bottom