The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is a big opportunity for us now but I’m not getting carried away, this is the type of situation where our players normally shit the bed. They find it very difficult to hold their nerve when top 4 is in our hands.

A lot also depends on the way our opponents play. Newcastle played suicidal football in the second half but in the first 45 they had the game under control. Just like Burnley we could not reach their goalkeeper. We’ve shown that we can make mincemeat of any opponent who leaves space for Kane and Son, but surely teams will recognise that and start playing more compact football. It’s the only way to beat us. Even City lost twice against us with their high line. That is where the real challenge for us will come.
The difference here is that we’re sort of on a hiding to nothing with a bit of a free hit. When Conte took over the prospect of Top 4 was looking very distant and now the players have a bit of momentum. We’ve been steadily catching and overtaking the others and Woolwich are feeling what we often feel - the pressure of having the advantage. Keep matching or bettering their results and they’ll bottle it, I reckon.

What’s even more delicious is that, having bottled out of playing us because one player had Covid, they now face the prospect of playing the rescheduled fixture without one of their better midfielders and also one of their better defenders. Karma, that.

We can't afford any injuries.
Is anyone close to a suspension from totting up?

We currently look like a well oiled machine, but there's a few players now that we simply can't afford to lose.

We can't afford any injuries.
Is anyone close to a suspension from totting up?

We currently look like a well oiled machine, but there's a few players now that we simply can't afford to lose.
I believe if Romero gets 2 yellows in the next 2 games he would get a 2 game ban ( Brentford and Leicester) for reaching 10 yellows

Last edited:
fivethirtyeight have Woolwich as slight favourites but that's mainly due to their game in hand as they've given us a higher SPI (their rating system on how strong a team is)

Before this game week, it had Woolwich at 67% and us at 25% so it's a massive swing (which arguably shows how pointless these forecasts can be - but I find them interesting)

confidence is sky high at the minute. don't fear any side with this current 11. however one injury to either kane, PEH, bentancur or romero and shit could come crashing down unfortunately. i actually think the midfield duo staying fit is our most important factor.

actually looking forward to the liverpool game to see how we fare with a real big test.

confidence is sky high at the minute. don't fear any side with this current 11. however one injury to either kane, PEH, bentancur or romero and shit could come crashing down unfortunately. i actually think the midfield duo staying fit is our most important factor.

actually looking forward to the liverpool game to see how we fare with a real big test.
Skipp could be back next weekend

Think we can get by w/o Kane for a game or two with Son and Berg plus Kulu

Think the centre backs saying fit are key… Sanchez wanders back in and the solidity and ball playing ability from the current 3 descends into anarchy

well thats handy that if one of them two get injured we wont see winks stepping in.
Blues Brothers GIF

Let's talk about the Anfield game when we will get there. First of all we have Aston Villa, Brighton, Brentford and Leicester games coming up. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Let's see what happens this weekend..
Saturday April 9
Everton v Man Utd 12:30
Arse-anal v Brighton 15:00
Soton v Chelsea 15:00
Villa v Spurs 17:30
Sunday April 10
Brentford v WHU 14:00
City v Liverpool 16:30 (May have an influence on us)

Back
Top Bottom