The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brentford well coached it seems
Everton and Leeds should be alright if they start converting chances
Not sure how wolves are sustaining this but they are defying the odds

We are slightly outperforming it but that's normal when you have world class players, Kane and Son must out perform their xg quite a lot.

Woolwich slightly outperforming a bit more but not sure how longer they can keep this up since they are struggling for goals and they have no goalscorer.

Ran the show against us, has scored more than their other forwards and I think ours.
He’s a rapey cunt but they’d be miles off without his goals

I think they'd actually have been better off without him, the output from the other players has massively suffered, they scored around 70 goals last season, it's not as if Ronaldo is banging them in week on week out, 12 goals is poor for his return.

Ran the show against us, has scored more than their other forwards and I think ours.
He’s a rapey cunt but they’d be miles off without his goals
Disagree personally. He’s one of those greedy poachers who nick goals but offer nothing else, like Michael Owen from a bygone era. When he was bagging 40/60 a season fair enough but playing with ten men so your striker can get 1 in 3 in the PL? Fuck that

Disagree personally. He’s one of those greedy poachers who nick goals but offer nothing else, like Michael Owen from a bygone era. When he was bagging 40/60 a season fair enough but playing with ten men so your striker can get 1 in 3 in the PL? Fuck that
12 in 24, not sure how many of those are starts, but yeh I get it about him distracting from the ‘team’. On the other hand might be a big influence on the younger players, the filthy rapist.

We've won 3 in a row and everyone is pissing themselves.
Our PL record winning streak is 9 games at our absolute best in modern history.

If Conte even matched that, given out squad deficiencies, he could argue he's the best in the world.
We have also played very well for 5 games in a row and barring a Ronaldo smash and grab should have got something at Utd. Good to be positive!

I think they'd actually have been better off without him, the output from the other players has massively suffered, they scored around 70 goals last season, it's not as if Ronaldo is banging them in week on week out, 12 goals is poor for his return.
A little of both- he had his day against us, unfortunately, but yes, long term he is so selfish and his ego so domineering that he inevitably diminishes the output of those around him. Look at all the great talents totally ignored or subsumed at R. Madrid during his time there (inc Bale!)... Utd would have been far better off having a development season of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho up front, but totally blew it featuring Ronaldo instead. Thankfully their mistake gives us space to maybe steal a 4th place finish despite their prodigious spending (and our own carelessly dropped points).

The large number of Spurs fans who asked for this thread to be deleted need to go and have a good long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves why they believed in Arteta over Conte.

I’m judging you all…….

ryan-gosling-judging-you.gif
I want this thread deleted because it´s a jinx of HUMONGOUS proportions

Bad Luck Kill Count GIF by Dead Meat James

OMG how good would it be to wrap up fourth BEFORE the NLD.

That would be a nice big fuck you to sky etc for trying to manipulate the situation.
I would love that.

90 minutes of singing

"Champions league, you're aving a laugh.... Champions league, you're aving a laugh... Champions league......."

"Oh what a night..... Champion's league ona Wednesday night..........you play Thursday cos you're.......

BUT A LONG WAY TO GO BEFORE WE CAN EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT......

:avbnaa:

I would love that.

90 minutes of singing

"Champions league, you're aving a laugh.... Champions league, you're aving a laugh... Champions league......."

"Oh what a night..... Champion's league ona Wednesday night..........you play Thursday cos you're.......

:avbnaa:
If we can do that I'm going!!

90 minutes of singing
"Champions league, you're 'aving a laugh.... Champions league, you're 'aving a laugh... Champions league......."
"Oh, what a night..... Champions league on a Wednesday night..........you play Thursday cos you're.......
You just made me think about that....and I liked it!!

Oh bless, you think we thought Arteta was a better coach than Conte?

No.
It was that we had 2 shit RWBs, Romero and Dier out with Sanchez playing, Winks playing in CMF, GLC, TND and Dele stinking the dressing room and training ground up and Kane still dragging his feet.

Gradually all those ills have been remedied in various orders and as that has happened, lo and behold, our form and performances have improved.

Everyone knows Conte is a better coach than Arteta. But there's only so much he can do with what was, at the time, a poor squad that even the good players weren't performing for.

People were saying delete this thread in February and March. Start of April Woolwich are missing key players and to anyone who looked at their run in would see they had a few hard fixtures to come.

Most of what you have written is not relevant at all. But interesting that is how you saw the season unfolding.

The short sighted knee jerk reactions summed up I was talking about in your post.
Well done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom