The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh 100%. Totally forgot. Leicester and Southampton. Check any Leicester city forum when we are doing well and the hate is ridiculous. In fact, when we beat villa 4-0, a few of them on the premier league thread of foxes talk we’re talking of halting our CL hopes by beating us. Them and Southampton are obsessed idiots trying to be relevant. Why are Spurs hated by so many clubs and supporters? For a club who get ripped for our lack of trophies, we get so much hate, why?
Not sure of the reason. But i love it
Let them hate,as long as they fear!!!

I have in the past spoke to Evertonians, Geordies, Mackems, Villa, red scouse and blue mancs(not recently though) and none of them got why we were so hated.

Definitely. Still, I don't see Spurs fans talking in such a hateful manner towards Salah. Not even Mane, who ruined our biggest moment by deliberately kicking the ball into Sissoko's armpit to get the pen.

Maybe they're just very shrill and hateful people in general.

Peak Kane hate comes from Dippers & Lester.

Most other haters (City, Arse, Chavs, Spam) just employ denial and pretend he's not that good and that what they have is better, but the above have much salt for Kane denying their lads (Salah & Vardy) golden boots at different times.

Distraction from what?

It's their best chance of CL and their best chance of a trophy for 15 years since an FA Cup final vs Liverpool in 06.

They have a tough run in... They may not even score conference league at this rate.

If they get knocked out on Thursday, it'll keep them honest in the league until the last hurrah.

Not sure how to read this. Best chance of a trophy since 2006, or best chance since their last chance?
WUM United have won diddly squat since 1980. The fact these morons joke about our 13 year barren spell is truly embarrassing for them.

Watched the Villa game in a pub near the Den (Its where I live, don't judge me).

I'm leading the competition to win the Spurs Smug Cunt of the Month award. My Gooner neighbor has repeated nominated me as well as a Spammer mate.

But, there is no race for forth. I've got an investment of 50 years in us. And I've seen all the crumbles, falls, spursy shit I can handle in 2 lifetimes. All that shit ends here, under a little Italian fella who just happens to be one of the very best managers in the world.

We are a better team with better players, who now understand Conte's system. No race, just envy of what we have and what we are (Smugness', I fucking love it).

When we were WLWL I still believed. And now I'm certain.

Some were suggesting Woolwich would now forever be in our shadow
We've been chipping away at them for close to a decade now. Long way to go but we're making progress.

Now we have the stadium which generates more than theirs, comparable sponsorship deals, and we can hire the likes of Mourinho and Conte. We can recruit the serie A defender of the yearetc etc. They can't outspend us, and they don't have the prestige factor they used to.

With every failed attempt to make it into the CL, Woolwich fall a little further behind. Judas left us on a free transfer to join them, Kane wouldn't even consider their offer.

Maybe not in our shadow, but they're not basking in sunlight.

What would happen if Leicester win the Conference League and get into the Europa League, would that take the place away from whoever finishes 5th?
Extra spot in the Ropey league in the same way as a team outside the top 4 winning the CL get's in as team 5.
There is scope for us to be fucked but it won't be likely. Chelsea dropping out of the top 4 and winning the champions league and West Ham winning the ropey league would fuck us.
Chelsea will neither drop out of the top 4 nor win the CL now. As for West Ham

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

Brighton seem to especially enjoy humiliating Woolwich.

Still remember Bossouma laughing his in the face off some Gooner (Xhaka?) after they beat them to crush their hopes of top 4.

They've posted this after the win on Saturday:

Pretty rare in this league.

I recall that, it was then I became convinced Bissouma was destined to play for us. Him and that Belgian lad really seem to hate them. It's lovely.

What would happen if Leicester win the Conference League and get into the Europa League, would that take the place away from whoever finishes 5th?

I'm guessing, but it might shove whoever finishes 6th down into the ECL and 7th out of Europe entirely.

They've also been on a downward curve for ages (even when not facing a busy schedule) because they had a horrible January in which their hilariously poor owners decided to again leave them without a single natural CF. Antonio is on his knees and has never been prolific enough across a season anyway.

West Ham in general have very little depth.
It’s cruel watching what moyes has done to Antonio

Fortunate he’s not a horse

Back
Top Bottom