The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’ve got more chance of winning the CL than Europa League too. We’ve never done well in the Ropey, even when we’ve had a stellar side we underperformed and drifted out of it

It’s made for second tier shit like Mark Nobile and co
More games, worse places to go, worse fixture patterns etc.

More games, worse places to go, worse fixture patterns etc.
Europa and Europa Conference are all fucking wrong for Spurs.

I insisted at the start of the season that we wouldn't advance very far in the Europa Conference and a few people jumped down my through insisting that we were favorites to win it and that I didn't appreciate how far beneath Spurs our competition would be. Of course, we didn't even make it out of the Group stages, ffs.

Winning our last 3 games will likely grab it (that's us losing to pool, but beating scum and them drawing one of their other games, including Leeds, tomorrow).

A monumental collapse by scum and they lose all their remaining games would be lolz, tho.

I insisted at the start of the season that we wouldn't advance very far in the Europa Conference and a few people jumped down my through insisting that we were favorites to win it and that I didn't appreciate how far beneath Spurs our competition would be. Of course, we didn't even make it out of the Group stages, ffs.
The only positive about us "qualifying" for that shit show was it meant we finished above Woolwich. Imagine if we weren't in it like them this season?

It's actually crazy how many different ways we've contrived to get dropped out of Europa League. Apart from the run to the CL final it always feels like we've underachieved in Europe.

That season where we battered Dortmund, and Real felt like we were finally turning up in Europe, then fucked it against Juve.

Spoke to Gooner next door. He’s shitting himself! But so am I.
He thinks Dele gets the winner sending us into ECL.

so hope he’s right.

arteta signs extension today. ))

Yes we did. Just had to beat the literal worst team in UEFA competition this season by 2 goals. Not a tough ask for a supposedly too side.

We got kicked out due to covid and fuckery from an already qualified Rennes (which in truth should have seen THEM kicked out).

Not a chance should it have come down to the last game, we played a bunch of part timers and lost .. it was a damn disgrace.

It shouldn't, but regardless, qualification was still in our hands and us being kicked out was bogus as fuck.

Last edited:
It's actually crazy how many different ways we've contrived to get dropped out of Europa League. Apart from the run to the CL final it always feels like we've underachieved in Europe.

That season where we battered Dortmund, and Real felt like we were finally turning up in Europe, then fucked it against Juve.

The Juve game at Wembley was a brutal lesson (players were naive, but not Poch's finest hour), but it's fair to say things played out rather differently the year after.

The Juve game at Wembley was a brutal lesson (players were naive, but not Poch's finest hour), but it's fair to say things played out rather differently the year after.
Yet, that team was quite a bit better than the one that went to the final...

Back
Top Bottom