The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is all true...

BUT

As you said - fact that it is us vs Woolwich makes it frustrating and puts more pressure on us.
Also considering Kane wanted to leave and I still believe PSG will come to lure Conte in the summer - I would feel so much better if we had a CL card to play. I feel it would make it harder for Kane and/or Conte to walk away then.
If we show intent, then Conte and Kane will have no problem staying. Conte even said that he can be "our Klopp", but we (and the board) need to back him.

Anyone can get pumped by City but I mentioned before how Newcastle are shit (maybe even worse pre Saudi cash) against the big teams and have only really got better against relegation fodder, they try to play with a kind of swagger now that's just not suited against better teams.

BUT they will be the ones who will have to take points off them as I think Everton will be home and dry by the final game of the season so we won't get any special performance from them.
Newcastle had won 6 on the trot at home before they lost narrowly to Dippers last week. Their last hike defeat was to Citeh in mid December.

We have to take care of business on Thursday night first before we even go down that road.

Its not them im worried about its the filler like the mura's and shit

Thats part of the point.

There is no Mura in CL!!!

There is Mura in Conference League and some in Europa League.
There are smaller teams in CL as well, but not as small and not as many.

That is also part of the reason I want us to play there. It's the glam. It's the excitement. It is the main stage. It is the front page.

It will fucking make me die inside if Goons get there on our expense :( .

Plenty of reasons we're below them. Mourinho hangover, Nuno, some very average players, a poor summers recruitment (bar Romero), Romero hardly playing before January. We wouldnt be behind them if Conte had been appointed in the summer.

If Conte had been in charge before training we would be battling Chelsea for third.

If we get Conte what he needs / wants this summer transfer window (two top wingbacks, an elite defender, a top midfielder, a strong back up to Kane, and a top winger) we should easily qualify for the CL the following season and maybe even challenge top 2 / league, depending on the quality of our signings.

For me, another top defender like Romero at LCB (with Davies as a back up LCB and WB) and two top wingbacks elevates us significantly all around.

(I think we ought to try Berg as a RWB.)

I think Skipp will be a top top CDM. We need him to stay healthy. Add another quality CM with playmaking ability and our midfield is quite good.

Our front three is top quality already. We just need depth.

If we show intent, then Conte and Kane will have no problem staying. Conte even said that he can be "our Klopp", but we (and the board) need to back him.

Do you trust them to?
If you had to bet your life on them backing a coach with whatever they want, would you?
Even if they've told him we have X amount of money to spend and he's ok with that, I very much doubt they will.

Do you trust them to?
If you had to bet your life on them backing a coach with whatever they want, would you?
Even if they've told him we have X amount of money to spend and he's ok with that, I very much doubt they will.
God no I don't trust them, but do we have any other choice?

ITS just regular days for us fans now, we get used to it and onto manager number 30

and the hope fades
The problem for me, is I can't see anywhere left to go now. Conte storms off and what is actually left?
The best we could hope for is a miracle in that we got someone no one has heard of but they turn out to have magic powers.

I know Leeds are absolute dog shit but they are at home and Chelsea currently are in free fall. If leeds can beat these chav bastards and we get the win v Woolwich, we go into the last 2 games neck and neck with Woolwich and Chelsea. Chelsea 100% can be dragged into this on current form. If we win our next 2, we could temporarily go 3rd. Mad.

Last edited:
Why not ? Highly unlikely but not impossible

With last 7 games they have earned 8 points. So roughly point per game.

If we win all 3, we'd end up with 71.
If they earn point per game, they end up with 70 points.

Only issue is - their last game is home against relegated Watford. So that is 3 points guraranteed.

If the draw against Leeds, lose to Leicester and even somehow lose to Watford, they would still edge us out with GD (currently +39 vs our +20).

So only option is if they lose both - Leeds and Leicester.
That seems very-very unlikely, just next to impossible.

With last 7 games they have earned 8 points. So roughly point per game.

If we win all 3, we'd end up with 71.
If they earn point per game, they end up with 70 points.

Only issue is - their last game is home against relegated Watford. So that is 3 points guraranteed.

If the draw against Leeds, lose to Leicester and even somehow lose to Watford, they would still edge us out with GD (currently +39 vs our +20).

So only option is if they lose both - Leeds and Leicester.
That seems very-very unlikely, just next to impossible.

And why is it impossible Chelsea to draw their last 3? Especially in their form. Again unlikely, but certainly possible given their form. They draw the remaining 3 and we win our remaining 3, we finish above them. I think the Leeds game we will know. If Leeds get an unlikely win, chelsea are right dragged into this.

Overhauling 5 points in 3 games is hard. They only need to win one of Leicester, Leeds and Watford. There's potentially a little bit of motivation at the moment as well, as they're closer to a buyout and stability.

No they don’t. They can win 1 of their remaining 3 and we could still potentially finish above them as long as they lose the other 2. I know unlikely, but never rule anything out in football. Like I said, let’s see what happens at Elland road Wednesday

No they don’t. They can win 1 of their remaining 3 and we could still potentially finish above them as long as they lose the other 2. I know unlikely, but never rule anything out in football. Like I said, let’s see what happens at Elland road Wednesday
They’ve got the FA Cup on Sat too so distraction for Weds. they lose that and the pressures on (if we win)

Back
Top Bottom