The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you trust them to?
If you had to bet your life on them backing a coach with whatever they want, would you?
Even if they've told him we have X amount of money to spend and he's ok with that, I very much doubt they will.
this really is last chance for levy. if he doesnt back conte then vast majority will want him gone and its justified. i do think levy has wanted whats best and hes been unlucky in the sense hes been competing with billionaires using clubs to sportswash while weve had to be run as a business. but enough is enough now, the fans are fed up with it all and if he doesnt back the marquee manager hes somehow managed to get in then hes going to be hounded out.

No they don’t. They can win 1 of their remaining 3 and we could still potentially finish above them as long as they lose the other 2. I know unlikely, but never rule anything out in football. Like I said, let’s see what happens at Elland road Wednesday
They'll pull it together to beat Leicester next week, who are already on vacations. Even if they lose to Leeds (wouldn't surprise me one bit), they're strong enough to get at least a point v Leicester and utterly demolish Watford, and that's presuming that we win all 3 games ourselves...

We now have the same points total (62) as last season with 3 games to play.

If we can end the season with 71 pts I'm going to be happy with our progress regardless of being 4th or 5th.

Only twice from the last 7 seasons has 71 points not been enough. Although people like to falsely say how bad the competition for top 4 is this season, it's actually one of the tougher ones.

We have had 5 appearances in the Champions League. 3 of them were achieved with points totals under 72.

But lets do the business on Thursday and send them away shaking in their boots.

which is vital we get someone in midfield who can actually pass a ball forward with quality and precision, or a midfielder who can go past a man and open things up a bit
We had that with Eriksen and still struggled.
If teams really don't want to get beat, it's easier to stop the opposition scoring than it is to try and outscore them.
You could argue that we beat City twice this season by defending deep and stopping them causing us damage. We stopped Liverpool causing their usual damage with deep defending. Both teams struggled to create clear scoring chances as a result but are not short of creative players.

Won't matter. If we win the NLD we'll still be behind them and it'll be in their hands still.
I think if Woolwich played Newcastle and Everton before us, they'd probably get over the line. But if they lose to us, the hit to their confidence makes it much more likely they will crumble and drop points.

I think if Woolwich played Newcastle and Everton before us, they'd probably get over the line. But if they lose to us, the hit to their confidence makes it much more likely they will crumble and drop points.
Your profile picture suggests you've been a fan longer than me.
Which is odd, as you seem to ignore how we are able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Beat them and I think it comes down to who can hold their bollocks in last two games.and I back Kulu, Son, Kane, and Cutti to hold theirs better than the scum.

We had that with Eriksen and still struggled.
If teams really don't want to get beat, it's easier to stop the opposition scoring than it is to try and outscore them.
You could argue that we beat City twice this season by defending deep and stopping them causing us damage. We stopped Liverpool causing their usual damage with deep defending. Both teams struggled to create clear scoring chances as a result but are not short of creative players.
thats true, but we can do it against city and win because we have quality up front on the counter, the weaker sides dont. we just need to adapt for the weaker sides and impose ourselves more. weve been playing extra CDM's in them games in the past when we needed more flair out there and creativity. weve lacked fullbacks who can really cross a ball for ages too, liverpool bombard the weaker sides with quality crosses from both robertson and trent..we got emerson in them areas....

Back
Top Bottom