The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

was chatting to a Palace fan back on the train back from the match. They know he'll leave at some stage, obvious. If I was Viera I'd aim higher than goons. Would probably be in the mix for when Pep leaves City if he carries on doing good things at CPFC
Jan …. First off the bat…. Let’s just qualify any designs on the goon job would not be a step up …. Ok that settled

I don’t know …. I guess it depends on what position opens up when …. Until then he’s got to do the business with palace

I think he will want to show he’s got the measure of legohead

was chatting to a Palace fan back on the train back from the match. They know he'll leave at some stage, obvious. If I was Viera I'd aim higher than goons. Would probably be in the mix for when Pep leaves City if he carries on doing good things at CPFC

Think that's somewhat of an over-projection tbh.

Better for viera if palace beat Everton who have to then beat Woolwich and thus make arteta look bad and aid chance of viera taking over…… if arteta had not just signed a new deal…..
That new deal was just about showing their squad that the manager wasn't going anywhere and they needed to buck up. As soon as the wheels start to come off, Viera will be in like Flynn.

A nice 1-0 Newcastle win courtesy of a very dodgy penalty would be lovely.
It'd be hilarious in retrospect but fucking nervy to watch live.

ryan-gosling-water.gif

Really glad I won't be watching tonight.

Heading out to 7-a-side. Might get the last half hour in the pub but I'm not committing to this one.

Thurs and yesterday were hard enough.

From a Newcastle forum - scum match thread:

- Woolwich falling apart tonight. This game is massive for them on Monday.
- Think our atmosphere will get the better of them too.
- We'll beat these.
- Woolwich will be thinking they’re coming to Newcastle, where they’ve won with ease in recent
seasons and that it’ll be a dead rubber for us. Couldn’t be any further wrong, hope we twat them Wilson and Trips back in front of a rocking SJP.

- We should be looking to beat this lot. The most ordinary Woolwich team of the PL era for me.
- Got to win this to make sure they're not in CL. They will be competing with us for potential signings particularly up top.
- They won't have to play well to win? Dunno about that like, last home game at a rocking SJP, we can turn these over.
- I don't think they're very good at all tbh. I'd be very disappointed to lose if we have both Trippier and Wilson fit to start.
-
Our home form is excellent. Even Liverpool struggled to get a result. I see no reason why Woolwich will match Liverpool.
That is actually a very interesting comment.

If it forces Woolwich into EL then Newcastle have every chance to compete for similar level players. They have the advantage of offering big money despite not having European football.

Not sure if they have looked into it like that but certainly 1 fan there has.

I hope professional pride means they just give it a go.

Fwiw, I wanted Howe ahead of Nuno. So hopefully he can set them up in a way to get a result.

Back
Top Bottom