The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Norwich away. With Delia Smith on the Board of Directors there, we probably don’t even have to worry about any last day food poisoning sabotaging us.

Best avoid any lasagne though, just in case.
The fact that was pretty much the first thing they mentioned at FT on Radio 5 speaks volumes...

They're still trying to laugh at it and brush it off as 'nothing', when in fact, for us, it was seismic!

...I guarantee you had the exact same scenario happened to any one of the Arse, Man Utd/City or Liverpool, there would've been a National inquest, online petitions sent to Downing Street, Protests outside the stadium and a criminal investigation years ago!!

as it is, we were told to just swallow it... Pun intended!

Last edited:
Still got a game to play/win, so no chickens counted, but I’m loving the race at the moment.

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

You realise we could still lose to Norwich, right?

...... (See next para)

This going full Shady isn't a good look.

.........And the above is?

(Fact is; we could miss out and I'd STILL be vindicated..... See next para.)

Just enjoy the win, going back and quoting posters who had a different view to try and one up other fans isn't it.

Why the fuck not....? I get/got dogs abuse on here; as I did in Jan, Feb & March for merely saying "it's not over"......

Here we are 1 game left and it's absolutely "NOT OVER".

Other people thought differently and so far (through a lot of Woolwich collapsing) have been proven wrong.

Right; so their collapses are just our flukey luck; but when we drop points and gift them a lead on us we're not worthy then either?

Some of you seriously look like you're happier you were 'right' than that Spurs won.

Absolutely pants.

The boys delivered; not me... Big up!!!

Straight on to go back and get digs in.

Nah; Not at all.... Been revelling in it for the full 90 in the match thread.

Is that really necessary? Happy (more than happy to admit I am wrong) but feels kind of childish to call out something that neither party knew would happen.
It's just sad to go back and call out posts for an "I told you so" I have never done and never will
Good call, mate. It's a shame that the only joy some people get out of nights like tonight or even a great Spurs win is the opportunity to rib or ridicule other fans!

If he'd had his way, he'd still be demanding we back Nuno

Although we haven't crossed the line just yet, when we do, we should be celebrating as one.

One more push from Antonio and the boys. ONE MORE PUSH!

:contefists:

Just beat Norwich. Draw if you must, but beat them on Sunday. Then we can all enjoy the summer. The buzz around the Club will be huge. No doubt Conte stays. Kane stays.

One game lads. That's all.

How many times did people post that this season prematurely?
Who me? Yep l, guilty as charged! I did say we had top 4 in the bag a while ago before we stumbled. So I was wrong before but this time I really can’t see us slipping up at such a poor Norwich side. Especially with our fire power!

Just don’t lose to them & should get home comfortably! Conte is doing the miracle he spoke about. No one saw this coming!
It will be even sweeter because Woolwich got their hopes up of top 4.

Why the fuck not....? I get/got dogs abuse on here; as I did in Jan, Feb & March for merely saying "it's not over"......

Here we are 1 game left and it's absolutely "NOT OVER".

Right; so their collapses are just our flukey luck; but when we drop points and gift them a lead on us we're not worthy then either?

Absolutely pants.

The boys delivered; not me... Big up!!!

Nah; Not at all.... Been revelling in it for the full 90 in the match thread.

Some of you about 5 minutes after are pretty shamelessly using it to go 'na na na na na' in other fans faces even though we're not even over the line. It's kinda pathetic. I expect it from Shady who is relentless in his hatred of other Spurs fans who don't toe his line, but not from others.

You believed, others didn't. I'm sure you've believed before and been wrong, shit happens. Some people were frustrated after bad results and probably wanted to vent. Not the same as gleefully coming in and rubbing in a good result for the team.

Back
Top Bottom