The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m glad Newcastle won but I still can’t stand the fucking sight of that Amanda woman’s face. Dear god keep her off the screen. You would think it’s raining in Newcastle.

Good call, mate. It's a shame that the only joy some people get out of nights like tonight or even a great Spurs win is the opportunity to rib or ridicule other fans!

If he'd had his way, he'd still be demanding we back Nuno

Although we haven't crossed the line just yet, when we do, we should be celebrating as one.

One more push from Antonio and the boys. ONE MORE PUSH!

:contefists:
100%. Let’s just get the job done first then celebrate. No counting chickens …,

Yes, like Jose is a great appointment levy! Serial winner. He will do wonders for us.

Deuterz Deuterz -

You object to me doing a jig about us doing well, but you'd rather yuk up with the forum worm over some tenuous Levy bullshit....?

"Something something not a good look"

......The same prick that jumps straight in and witters on about trf budgets rather than enjoy the buzz of the night?

Come on fella.... Take the bantz on the chin and enjoy.... You're better than dregs like that.

Fair play to you for holding your hand up and saying you were wrong.

Was it necessary to belittle and deride others by saying ;

And

Maybe next time don't be such a melt and believe in the team, the same team with the same players and same manager that we had when you posted the above.

I was wrong for posting those things but in my defence we were awful at the time despite our league position and it did seem rather delusional to me that people thought we would finish 4th.

Plus the full quote from that second post was

"They think because we are 5 points off of 4th that we still have a chance but then choose to ignore the fact we have lost 4 out of the last 5 games.

I like to try and view thihgs positively but there is a thin line between positive mental attitude and delusional rambling."

Out of context you make it seem far worse than it is.

Completely fair seeing as your original riposte was childish and you were mocking those who had an opposing opinion to you, this one you just gotta take on the chin and keep it moving big man ;)

I think it's still rather childish to go back and take quotes from a previous time period under completely different circumstances to try and get "one up" on someone.

I may have been harsh with the way I said things but at the time I truly believed it was delusional to believe it, I don't have a time machine to go forward and see the future, it was an opinion of the time based on what I was seeing, I was wrong.

Happy Andy Daly GIF by Comedy Central

It's a shame some on here only get joy when we lose and can't wait to post in the levy/Enic out thread.
Don't post for weeks when we were 4th, straight on when we slipped to 5th.

And then they have the hypocrisy to demand we "all celebrate as one".

trying not to laugh GIF

Hindsight is 20-20 but I get the feeling Spurs beat Woolwich twice in the 3-0 match. They walked off the pitch at Tottenham a beaten team and walked onto the pitch at Newcastle a beaten team. All the credit in the world to Newcastle, but I think the loss to Spurs changed the way Woolwich looked at themselves. And I don't think Arteta did them any favors by complaining so much about the officiating after losing to Spurs. He needed to shrug it off, refocus, and build his guys back up. If he did try to do that and they still played like they did today then you have to question what direction their project is going. Young players or not that's a team that has a lot of questions right now.

Back
Top Bottom