The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hard to imagine them doing much, they were dogs against Leicester, don't think the players even care about to 4 especially when half of them are gonna leave in the Summer anyway.
Agree - lazy wastemen under an under qualified, boring dullard of a manager

Imagine him telling Ronaldo and Pogba to press high 😂

Brentford well coached it seems
Everton and Leeds should be alright if they start converting chances
Not sure how wolves are sustaining this but they are defying the odds

We are slightly outperforming it but that's normal when you have world class players, Kane and Son must out perform their xg quite a lot.

Woolwich slightly outperforming a bit more but not sure how longer they can keep this up since they are struggling for goals and they have no goalscorer.

I would love that.

90 minutes of singing

"Champions league, you're aving a laugh.... Champions league, you're aving a laugh... Champions league......."

"Oh what a night..... Champion's league ona Wednesday night..........you play Thursday cos you're.......

BUT A LONG WAY TO GO BEFORE WE CAN EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT......

:avbnaa:
If we can do that I'm going!!

Oh bless, you think we thought Arteta was a better coach than Conte?

No.
It was that we had 2 shit RWBs, Romero and Dier out with Sanchez playing, Winks playing in CMF, GLC, TND and Dele stinking the dressing room and training ground up and Kane still dragging his feet.

Gradually all those ills have been remedied in various orders and as that has happened, lo and behold, our form and performances have improved.

Everyone knows Conte is a better coach than Arteta. But there's only so much he can do with what was, at the time, a poor squad that even the good players weren't performing for.

People were saying delete this thread in February and March. Start of April Woolwich are missing key players and to anyone who looked at their run in would see they had a few hard fixtures to come.

Most of what you have written is not relevant at all. But interesting that is how you saw the season unfolding.

The short sighted knee jerk reactions summed up I was talking about in your post.
Well done.

Last edited:
People were saying delete this thread in February and March. Start of April Woolwich are missing key players and to anyone who looked at their run in would see they had a few hard fixtures to come.

Most of what you have written is not relevant at all. But interesting that is how you saw the season unfolding.

The short sighted knee jerk reactions summed up I was talking about in your post.
Well done.
The point is - not one person believed Arteta was a better coach. They did/do believe our squad deficiencies would be the cause of us having no chance.
There's still 24 points for us to win or bottle, so let's not start doing a victory dance yet, we could still finish miles behind 4th for all you know.
All it takes is 5 games with Winks filling in and he'll drag us back down to 8th

That’s my point exactly!!

Why is this thread embarrassing if we lose a match? Why can’t we discuss 4th place in a race with a poor utd side, above their average West Ham side and a woolwich side who are efficient but also very young and IMO open to pressure.

What are we scared of here? Ourselves? We have one of the premier managers in the world. Believe in him.

We could come 8th. But people on here threw in the towel with 12 games to go.

Fucking weird if you ask me.

Believe in this team till it’s mathematically impossible. Surely that’s what being a fan is all about?

Who wants to be a surrender monkey??

Die like a lion not like a mouse!!!!

AMEN brother! :adesalute:

I remember the feeling before the United game. Exactly like now, strong form leading up to the game, favourties on paper, a chance to establish a foothold...

And......... we collapsed. It's happened many times in the last few seasons

Frustrated Fainting GIF

That’s my point exactly!!

Why is this thread embarrassing if we lose a match? Why can’t we discuss 4th place in a race with a poor utd side, above their average West Ham side and a woolwich side who are efficient but also very young and IMO open to pressure.

What are we scared of here? Ourselves?
We have one of the premier managers in the world. Believe in him.

We could come 8th. But people on here threw in the towel with 12 games to go.

Fucking weird if you ask me.

Believe in this team till it’s mathematically impossible. Surely that’s what being a fan is all about?

Who wants to be a surrender monkey??

Die like a lion not like a mouse!!!!
YES!

As someone else said in a post I read a couple of weeks back; we continually find banana skins that aren't there.....and slip on them.

I'm a glass half empty person unfortunately and I hate being that way but it's just the way it is with me.

It's nice to be in the hunt for 4th and it's adding that bit of excitement when watching the games. But it's always tempered with the feeling/ knowledge that ultimately we will probably find a way to bollocks things up.

Most likely scenario I expect would be beating Wolwich, having it entirely in our hands and then dropping points against either Burnley or Nowrich.

Back
Top Bottom