The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jan is around the corner, chill out.

To say we it will be a 'miracle' to get top 4 is just nonsense and also quite the defeatist attitude particularly when we have a TW and about 24 matches to go.
If we get do manage to go into the market and get 2 or 3 players that immediately improve the first team, which is difficult to say the least, we might have a chance.

Jan is around the corner, chill out.

To say we it will be a 'miracle' to get top 4 is just nonsense and also quite the defeatist attitude particularly when we have a TW and about 24 matches to go.
Right now, we are 3/1 (25%) for top 4. Maybe it's slightly lower or higher.

People will claim it would take a miracle and then say I told you so when they probably (75%) turn out to be right. But a 25% chance is not a miracle, just below average.

Right now, we are 3/1 (25%) for top 4. Maybe it's slightly lower or higher.

People will claim it would take a miracle and then say I told you so when they probably (75%) turn out to be right. But a 25% chance is not a miracle, just below average.
Could also look at it as evens in a four way race.

getting top four is going to be difficult i know its obvious but we really need new signings to be up to speed straight away none of the usual getting used to this and that or recovering from some injury no straight in there improving the team .Dispite the result today at the moment the top three looked nailed on in whatever order it plays out so one spot between a fair few contenders looks the likely situation all to play for .

Whenever threads like this appear, things go pear shaped and we start losing. Last season when we were top at first, a thread about winning the league appeared and look where we ended up.
There are only 3 top 4 quality teams this year and I expect 4th placed team will be well back from the other 3. Therefore it is possible but much too early to tell if it is even likely.

Ah why do we put these threads up. It’s just false hope. The top 3 are way ahead of the rest of the league so that leaves one spot which will probably be a toss up between Man U, West Ham, Woolwich and us. I think Man U will only get better with the change of manager, Woolwich will probably drift a little because I think they’re over achieving. West Ham have been very consistent the last two seasons so it wouldn’t surprise me if they get it but they will need to keep their players fit and Europa might play a toll if they get far into the competition. Lastly us. I think we can only get better because we we’re starting from such a low base but it’s going to be very difficult to get Top 4. If we can get Top 4, Conte in the helm and get Kane back to his best, next year could be very interesting

Ah why do we put these threads up. It’s just false hope. The top 3 are way ahead of the rest of the league so that leaves one spot which will probably be a toss up between Man U, West Ham, Woolwich and us. I think Man U will only get better with the change of manager, Woolwich will probably drift a little because I think they’re over achieving. West Ham have been very consistent the last two seasons so it wouldn’t surprise me if they get it but they will need to keep their players fit and Europa might play a toll if they get far into the competition. Lastly us. I think we can only get better because we we’re starting from such a low base but it’s going to be very difficult to get Top 4. If we can get Top 4, Conte in the helm and get Kane back to his best, next year could be very interesting
A toss up at odds of 1 in 4 is worth a debate no?

It is staggering that we are 5th and Kane has contributed one goal and we have no other striker.

I swear only us.

As for 4th, realistically that should he United's with West Ham the next most likely but who knows what this season will bring.

Two points ahead, sir! :contelol:

B5-A9-B632-0268-4-B7-B-ADE1-34704-E82-A937.jpg

Back
Top Bottom