The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also remembering that our games in hand are away games, and our away form has been poor. So even 6 points from 3 games will be tough.
Games played :
Spurs Pl 16 H10 A6
Woolwich Pl 19 H9 A10

Away games postponed were Burnley, Leicester and Brighton - toughest one will be Leicester.

Hence 6 points is a reasonable target, but not assured

Gooners game v Wolves is off. If we can beat Southampton, we gain 3 points on Woolwich. Then the goons play Man City and they'll get beat. We play Watford, get another win, we gain 6 points on them. Then the next league game is the NLD, where we smash the gooner cunts and gain 9 points on them from the current standings, still having 2 games in hand on them.

Gooners game v Wolves is off. If we can beat Southampton, we gain 3 points on Woolwich. Then the goons play Man City and they'll get beat. We play Watford, get another win, we gain 6 points on them. Then the next league game is the NLD, where we smash the gooner cunts and gain 9 points on them from the current standings, still having 2 games in hand on them.
And then you woke up from your dream....

😂
Sorry to be boring but 1 game at a time.

And then you woke up from your dream....

😂
Sorry to be boring but 1 game at a time.

I get what you’re saying but away vs Soton and away vs Watford are winnable games for us. Likewise it’s not far fetched to expect the Scum to get turned over by City, in fact it’s almost a given.

All I know is that a few weeks ago, I was hoping we can avoid relegation and now I'm hopeful that we can make top 4 and a cup.
The pain and the ecstasy of being a Spurs supporter :)
Roller Coaster Love GIF

A massive advantage for them ahead of the City game, jammy fucks!

If your club has a COVID outbreak the team can't train (the training centre's closed as per gov instructions) or if half the squad is available to train, then it's highly compromised.

BUT, if the team you are playing cancels meaning you have a fully fit squad to call on and train with, it gives you an entire week to prepare for one of the hardest games of the season, made even easier as City will have played 48hrs earlier too (it will be their 3rd game in 6 days vs Woolwich's 2nd !!!).

If your club has a COVID outbreak the team can't train (the training centre's closed as per gov instructions) or if half the squad is available to train, then it's highly compromised.

BUT, if the team you are playing cancels meaning you have a fully fit squad to call on and train with, it gives you an entire week to prepare for one of the hardest games of the season, made even easier as City will have played 48hrs earlier too (it will be their 3rd game in 6 days vs Woolwich's 2nd !!!).

I think City will just batter them to be honest. They have so many players they can call upon for rotation and Woolwich have been thoroughly outplayed each time they have faced a good team this season. They just smashed Leicester, Foden played 20 minutes at the end of the game, Jesus and Grealish didn't play at all. Rodri and Walker didn't make the squad and I don't think either of them are seriously injured, just a pre-caution. Their squad is ridiculous.

I think City will just batter them to be honest. They have so many players they can call upon for rotation and Woolwich have been thoroughly outplayed each time they have faced a good team this season. They just smashed Leicester, Foden played 20 minutes at the end of the game, Jesus and Grealish didn't play at all. Rodri and Walker didn't make the squad and I don't think either of them are seriously injured, just a pre-caution. Their squad is ridiculous.
Sure but if you could wave a magic wand and wish for what would be the best possible scenario in-game preparation then they've just been gifted it.

They've had a week between matches all season as is...

:sonpoint:

United do not impress me at all. Newcastle throughly deserved 3 points there. United have a lot of players, but they don’t have a clue what their best 11 is. They have just not gelled whatsoever, everyone doing their own thing.

Woolwich’s only points against a top half team are against us with Nuno and ten man West Ham.

It’s there for the taking. Conte the x-factor in our favor.

Man u don't look a top 4 side we are 1 point ahead and a game in hand on them. Need to beat Southampton tomorrow to really tell the world we are serious bastards for the top 4.

Don't dismiss Woolwich, they've hit form and are improving, it wil be us against them at the end I reckon as we both are now playing less than Utd and West Ham as they are both still in Europe.

If manure continue to play that open, it'll be brtween us and scum, for sure.

Winning the next two games is crucial in putting the shitters up 'em.

They usually have a mid-season meltdown, so the sooner we can put real pressure on them, the better.

Don't dismiss Woolwich, they've hit form and are improving, it wil be us against them at the end I reckon as we both are now playing less than Utd and West Ham as they are both still in Europe.
I’m pleased people feel this way… it means the illusion that Arteta is a good manager is still perpetuating. They flatter to deceive and long may that continue.

I’m pleased people feel this way… it means the illusion that Arteta is a good manager is still perpetuating. They flatter to deceive and long may that continue.
These are not illusory scores:

Sunday 26th December​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

Tuesday 21st December​

EFL CUP​

Saturday 18th December​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

Wednesday 15th December​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

Saturday 11th December​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

If they lose all their games against the top 6 but easily win against the other 13 they sail into the CL.

These are not illusory scores:

Sunday 26th December​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

Tuesday 21st December​

EFL CUP​

Saturday 18th December​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

Wednesday 15th December​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

Saturday 11th December​

PREMIER LEAGUE​

If they lose all their games against the top 6 but easily win against the other 13 they sail into the CL.

People just don't want to admit that they're playing well and they're a legit threat.

Think we'll pip them though, I don't really rate lego man as a manager and Conte has far more experience and know how then him.

People just don't want to admit that they're playing well and they're a legit threat.

Think we'll pip them though, I don't really rate lego man as a manager and Conte has far more experience and know how then him.
They’ve had good runs under him before and then get brought back down to earth following another teeth kicking by a good team. They aren’t even competitive against good teams under him.

I feel like this is one of the weaker years I can remember in the PL, so many disappointing and outright bad teams in the lower half of the table. I think the points number to finish fourth is going to be relatively high, even though us, Woolwich, and United aren’t particular strong teams.

There’s just a lot of points to be had off the mid to the bottom teams in the table. This years relegation battle halfway through the season is one of the most grim I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom