The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My take away is that the last few seasons have been a mess.... Explicable considering the fixture mayhem ever since Covid hit.

Next season will probably be no better thanks to the mid-season WC fiasco.... 2023/24 will likely be the first stable season followed by a full summer off in 4/5 years.
Or that the league is just becoming much more competitive below the big 6...

In any normal season us, goons and united would be absolutely nowhere near 4th place with the points tallies we have

Which is why I believe if the goons don’t get it this year they never will again, the stars have aligned for them and we’re still looking likely to nick it off them
The last time you needed more than 71 points for 4th was 16/7 when Woolwich finished 5th with 75

Since Arcspace was permabanned we’ve taken 15 of 18 available points while scoring 21 and conceding only 6. Wind is at our back lads.

Do people actually "hate" other humans because of the team they're associated with?

Like, seriously?
I'd say that constitutes a very severe personality disorder.
If someone is a bellend, they're a bellend regardless of what team they support. There's plenty of Spurs fans that make me ashamed of just being a football fan sometimes.

Name names!!

seal lol GIF by Anne Horel

I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly (oh, yeah)

My take away is that the last few seasons have been a mess.... Explicable considering the fixture mayhem ever since Covid hit.

Next season will probably be no better thanks to the mid-season WC fiasco.... 2023/24 will likely be the first stable season followed by a full summer off in 4/5 years.

The total points required for the past 2 seasons to reach top 4 has been a bit lower since Covid. Something like 4-6 points, so around 2 fixtures to turn from loss/draw into wins.

We had 48 pts after 28 games. 20/21, 19/20 and 15/16 being the seasons it was enough at that stage in the last 7.

*21/22. Woolwich. (54 points after 28 games)
*21/22. Tottenham. (48 pts after 28 games)

4th placed teams:
20/21. Chelsea. 67 points (48 pts after 28) ~~ 19 points from their final 10 games.
19/20. Chelsea. 66 pts. (45 after 28) ~~ 21 pts from final 10
18/19. Tottenham. 71 pts. (60 after 38) ~~ 11 pts from final 10 (haha)
17/18. Liverpool. 75 pts. (57 after 28) ~~ 18 pts from 10
16/17. Liverpool. 76 pts. (55 after 28) ~~ 21 from 10
15/16. Man City. 66 pts. (48 after 28) ~~ 18 from 10
14/15. Man Utd. 70 pts. (53 after 28) ~~ 17 from 10

With us being the exception to the rule in 18/19 where we fell arse over face backwards into the top 4, the final 10 game run ins see most sides pick up 17-21 points from their last 10 fixtures.

Highest top 4 point totals since 08/09;
13/14 (79 pts)
16/17 (76 pts)
17/18 (75 pts)

Those 3 seasons have been exceptionally difficult to make top 4. So although Covid does appear to have slightly reduced the top 4 threshold, the seasons before were a bit exceptional.

Woolwich came 5th in 16/17 with 75 points - they won the league in 97/98 with 78 points!
United won the league in 96/97 with 75 points!

I put him on ignore months ago as he slid into manic insanity. What finally got him banned?
I also missed it in real time. There’s a thread addressing it in the off-topic.

Basically the Admin said he was getting so many bin votes on a regular basis that it was time to send him out for good.

If Palace score a third I'm convinced we will win the league this season.

Back
Top Bottom