The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

https://Woolwich-mania.com/forum/threads/premier-league-2021-22-race-for-top-4.35186/page-93

Look at the fucking mugs. Now a few of them are saying not getting top 4 wouldn’t be that bad as they are a work in progress 😅😅😅 utter cunts!!! If you don’t get top 4, you have bottled it tossers

Woolwich are a good young side and will get better in future seasons. But they have nothing below the first 11 so injuries will kill them.

We don’t have much of a sub bench in key positions. But we do have Moura, Bergwin, Skip, and Sess so we are not totally lost. Also Conte pulling the strings.

I hate to be the party pooper but we’ve been here so many times before. 3 points seperate 4th from 7th so it can literally get turned on it’s head in 1-2 games. Just need to keep our head down and focus one game at a time

Saturday April 9
Everton v Man Utd 12:30
Woolwich v Brighton 15:00
Soton v Chelsea 15:00
Villa v Spurs 17:30
Sunday April 10
Brentford v WHU 14:00
City v Liverpool 16:30 (May have an influence on us)
Actually think Everton, Brighton and Southampton will get something out of those games

We have habit of fucking things up when they matter the most so let’s not celebrate too early. Still a lot of points to be won/lost, it looks slightly more promising indeed, and I hope having a world class manager is going to use that to our advantage.

Welp, we either just match whatever scum does, now (maintaining +gd over them), and beat them to take it.

Or we go full Conte and beast our way there.

Would prefer the latter, but we might still have a bumpy road and switch positions a couple times between now and the last day.

Injuries, Cards, VAR... all sorts can happen.

All-in-all it will be a real test of how much Conte has gotten into the players heads and reprogrammed them.

We’re Spurs and can fuck up any situation so let’s get that out of the way up front.

But looking at the form of Kane, Son, and Kulusevski compared to Lacazette, recently returned from injury Saka, Odegaard, and Smith-Rowe, there’s just so many more goals in our team. Woolwich have been in really good form recently, but their +10 GD despite a couple months of really good form is evidence they’re still winning a lot of close games.

As the pressure starts to build, I just feel like they might not have the firepower to win nervy games down the stretch. I know we’re Spursy and have never won anything, but Kane/Son have played at the highest level of club and international football for nearly a decade. They’re not going to be intimidated by a top 4 run, we did that four seasons in a row and I’d say they’re both better players now. Lacazette is the only experienced Woolwich player and he’s pretty average.

We also have a coach that has done it at every level, compared to a rookie.

Our midfield and defense, who’ve improved a lot recently are the concerns. But there’s no questions we’ve got guys who can score when things get tight or stressful. Woolwich doesn’t have that same track record.

They could score 4 every game and that GD would be gone. They won’t but its not in our hands
We have to better them. If they score 4 every game we will have to score more..but it's in our hands.
We are not relying on them to slip, we just have to equal what they do.

Back
Top Bottom