The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stolen from Reddit, but it's fabulous.

ajmsbzogskr81.png

Pretty confident just watching the team play this last while. If Kane, Son, Romero and Bentancur stay fit we won't be far away. Kieran Tierney potentially out for the season is a big one, given their backup.

Great result tonight and, for us, a decent step forward.

Doesn't alter our approach to the next 8 games though - we need to aim to win them all and preferably the NLD, but a draw in NLD MIGHT be enough if we've won the others and bettered Woolwich results

Plus Skipp returning soon.
Yeah, looking forward to seeing him back, for depth as much as anything. Hojbjerg has been very good for us the last while to be fair and I'd be in no rush to drop him.

Wolves, Southampton, Middlesbrough and Burnley (2nd half) losses all came with Winks in the side.

Pretty confident just watching the team play this last while. If Kane, Son, Romero and Bentancur stay fit we won't be far away. Kieran Tierney potentially out for the season is a big one, given their backup.
All about keeping your main men fit now. Tierney out for a while and Partey their best mid hopefully too.

I know we bagged 5 but Doherty at LWB and Emerson RWB is not ideal. Hurry back Reg/Sess!

3rd..... No need to even think about it.

Spurs > Schadenfreude

I'd suggest the chances of 3rd are pretty small - maybe 1 in 10 - as Spurs are 5 points behind and they have a game in hand.

But in April they have another 6 games (ie weekend and mid week) which includes playing Madrid twice and Woolwich and Wham, so could slip up this month (fingers crossed) although I wouldn't bank on it .

There’s a reason we call them Woolwich and for me they are worse because they are a plastic nomad club. Never say they’ve built themselves the right way. And both sets of fans are equally despicable. Been on the receiving end of spittle at Chelsea and have heard Arse fans en masse giving it the gas chamber hiss, so I don’t really care to put one above the other.
I was more meaning this season, in terms of the way they went about their signings (even though they spent a shit tonne of money) and the fact that they stuck by Arteta when everyone wanted him out. Of course, I hate Woolwich more - but in the present day I actually don't know how a human could support Chelsea.

Nah, I don’t give a fuck about jinxes and jujus, this is ours.

Woolwich are a bunch of shite children with a freaky little weirdo in charge.

We have Harry Kane purring with Antonio mother fucking Conte bossing our other cunts.

Champions League next year boys. It’s fucking happening.

:contefists:

Great result tonight and, for us, a decent step forward.

Doesn't alter our approach to the next 8 games though - we need to aim to win them all and preferably the NLD, but a draw in NLD MIGHT be enough if we've won the others and bettered Woolwich results
Could well be that the die is cast even before our Liverpool game:

09/04/2022ASTON VILLAA
Sa 09Apr 2022WoolwichvBrighton
16/04/2022BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBIONH
Sa 16Apr 2022SouthamptonvWoolwich
We 20Apr 2022ChelseavWoolwich
23/04/2022BRENTFORDA
Sa 23Apr 2022WoolwichvMan Utd
30/04/2022LEICESTER CITYH
Su 01May 2022West HamvWoolwich
07/05/2022LIVERPOOLA
Su 08May 2022WoolwichvLeeds
12/05/2022ARSE-ANALH
15/05/2022BURNLEYH
Mo 16May 2022NewcastlevWoolwich
22/05/2022NORWICH CITYA
Su 22May 2022WoolwichvEverton

Could well be that the die is cast even before our Liverpool game:

09/04/2022ASTON VILLAA
Sa 09Apr 2022WoolwichvBrighton
16/04/2022BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBIONH
Sa 16Apr 2022SouthamptonvWoolwich
We 20Apr 2022ChelseavWoolwich
23/04/2022BRENTFORDA
Sa 23Apr 2022WoolwichvMan Utd
30/04/2022LEICESTER CITYH
Su 01May 2022West HamvWoolwich
07/05/2022LIVERPOOLA
Su 08May 2022WoolwichvLeeds
12/05/2022ARSE-ANALH
15/05/2022BURNLEYH
Mo 16May 2022NewcastlevWoolwich
22/05/2022NORWICH CITYA
Su 22May 2022WoolwichvEverton

If we win the next 4 but Woolowich slip up in a couple of the next matches it could simplify things.

Not sure we we'd build up an unassailable lead though.

Tierney out for the season? and Partey pulled up very fast so he's probably gone as well, huge loss.

On Tierney.....if the back-up Tavares does so poorly in the first half (and he well fucking did) that you prefer having Xhaka at left back in the second half, then you're completely shafted in the position. I mean Xhaka!!!!!!! Left back!!!!! :contelol::contelol::contelol:

Don't want to jinx it but it looks like Son is about to hit his annual purple patch where he plays like a maniac. If this is the case, we're going to be very tough to beat the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom