The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This thread got a kicking before, but thank fuck it somehow stayed alive throughout the season.

It'll be an interesting dynamic this weekend because it's really the first time that the 'pole position' for the 4th spot, so to speak, is actually Spurs. I think it's potentially a good thing that we're the early Saturday kick-off as it means we can just go out and do our job against Brighton without thinking about any Woolwich results.

For what it's worth, I believe that our recent big wins have gotten under the scum's skin and aided their wobble. If we could do the same again on Saturday then it might demoralise them once more.

paulie-walnuts-tony-sirico.jpg

I'm expecting some dodgy decisions forcing us to have a wobble of our own before too long.

It's in the broadcasters best interests that nobody runs away with either 4th or the title - and they are the only ones that really matter in all this.

I honestly think the threat for fourth now is united and or West Ham

The goons heads have completely gone and their fixtures are atrocious

I fully expect them to lose to Southampton aswell

I don't like that Southampton got 8 wins this season and basically decided they are safe so will play like shit until the seasons through.

A little spell where they picked up 11 points from 5 games;
Draw - City (H)
Win - Spurs (A)
Draw - United (A)
Win - Everton (H)
Win - Norwich (H)

Then have gone on to pick up 1 point from their next 5 games - taking us to present date. Their last performance being a 0-6 thumping at home by Chelsea.

They have 36 points and 7 games to play. Only 3 of those games are home - Woolwich, Palace, Liverpool.
If they don't turn up again against Woolwich I fucking hope they go down.

They lose at home to Woolwich and their next game (Burnley away) is actually a bit of a must win relegation fight, as I don't see them picking up a lot of points from their remaining games.

Last edited by a moderator:

I dont see that at all. West Ham only have 6 games left so thats a maximum of 69 pts they can get. Their games include Chelsea, City and Woolwich and they're running on fumes. Probably looking at around 60pts maximum. Man U have that extra game but again have Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea and Palace away. The players look like they cant be arsed. Cant see them turning it around, i reckon 63 pts tops. Woolwich might implode but they're still the biggest threat with a game in hand and us to play.

I honestly don't think United want European football at all if not 4th and all depends on West ham this week in France. If they get knocked out West ham will go balls deep for europa again next season. Nobody will want the conference league though unless a team like wolves

I dont see that at all. West Ham only have 6 games left so thats a maximum of 69 pts they can get. Their games include Chelsea, City and Woolwich and they're running on fumes. Probably looking at around 60pts maximum. Man U have that extra game but again have Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea and Palace away. The players look like they cant be arsed. Cant see them turning it around, i reckon 63 pts tops. Woolwich might implode but they're still the biggest threat with a game in hand and us to play.
Last time I looked 538 odds had them 1% to get top 4

:angryscouser:

I'm expecting some dodgy decisions forcing us to have a wobble of our own before too long.

It's in the broadcasters best interests that nobody runs away with either 4th or the title - and they are the only ones that really matter in all this.
I’m confident , we can handle anything anyone throws at us now . We’ve got this!

I don't like that Southampton got 8 wins this season and basically decided they are safe so will play like shit until the seasons through.

A little spell where they picked up 11 points from 5 games;
Draw - City (H)
Win - Spurs (A)
Draw - United (A)
Win - Everton (H)
Win - Norwich (H)

Then have gone on to pick up 1 point from their next 5 games - taking us to present date. Their last performance being a 0-6 thumping at home by Chelsea.

They have 36 points and 7 games to play. Only 3 of those games are home - Woolwich, Palace, Liverpool.
If they don't turn up again against Woolwich I fucking hope they go down.

They lose at home to Woolwich and their next game (Burnley away) is actually a bit of a must win relegation fight, as I don't see them picking up a lot of points from their remaining games.
Southampton are easily safe with 36pts. Burnley are never winning at least 4 games. Might work in our favour that they got battered. Pressure on for a decent display against Woolwich. Draw will do for us.

They lost 2 games. Against a decent Palace and long overdue a win Brighton.
Let's not get carried away. They're like us in that they only have 1 game a week so advantage over West Ham. And, unlike United, they don't seem to be a complete basket case that makes no sense.

Amazing how Woolwich, West Ham and United have all shit the bed simultaneously. Hope the luck holds out, but I’m fearful it won’t. After all, it is the Spurs

:contepray:

They lost 2 games. Against a decent Palace and long overdue a win Brighton.
Let's not get carried away. They're like us in that they only have 1 game a week so advantage over West Ham. And, unlike United, they don't seem to be a complete basket case that makes no sense.

Their squad depth is worse than ours and with 3 first teamers out, they are severely weaker. We have good cover for our two injured players, look at the state of their back up LB.

They also aren’t scoring goals

Their squad depth is worse than ours and with 3 first teamers out, they are severely weaker. We have good cover for our two injured players, look at the state of their back up LB.

They also aren’t scoring goals

We've just lost a first teamer. We're 1 critical player away from imploding ourselves.
1 game at a time folks.

We've just lost a first teamer. We're 1 critical player away from imploding ourselves.
1 game at a time folks.
I don’t think we are tho. Royal is OK as a replacement for Doh and Benta is covering Skipp nicely

We lose a centre mid / back and we will drop off but what’s to say we will

Back
Top Bottom