The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've just lost a first teamer. We're 1 critical player away from imploding ourselves.
1 game at a time folks.
It wasn't so long ago Tanganga and Sanchez were getting pantsed against Chelsea. *shudders*

I don’t think we are tho. Royal is OK as a replacement for Doh and Benta is covering Skipp nicely

We lose a centre mid / back and we will drop off but what’s to say we will
We lose Bentacur and we have Winks in.
We lose Reguilon and we have Sessegnon for 14 minutes before he's injured again.
We lose any of Kane/Son/Kulu and we have balls bouncing off Lucas Moura
We lose any of the current back 3 and we have Sanchez doing his best impression of Zoolander failing to turn to the left.
We are as on a knife edge as anyone below us and it's why we're not really troubling those above us over the course of a season.

We lose Bentacur and we have Winks in.
We lose Reguilon and we have Sessegnon for 14 minutes before he's injured again.
We lose any of Kane/Son/Kulu and we have balls bouncing off Lucas Moura
We lose any of the current back 3 and we have Sanchez doing his best impression of Zoolander failing to turn to the left.
We are as on a knife edge as anyone below us and it's why we're not really troubling those above us over the course of a season.
You’ve spun that. I agree with CM and CM. LB we have cover, albeit flakey (Reg is just as flakey)….. berg comes in before that bald dickwad

This thread got a kicking before, but thank fuck it somehow stayed alive throughout the season.

It'll be an interesting dynamic this weekend because it's really the first time that the 'pole position' for the 4th spot, so to speak, is actually Spurs. I think it's potentially a good thing that we're the early Saturday kick-off as it means we can just go out and do our job against Brighton without thinking about any Woolwich results.

For what it's worth, I believe that our recent big wins have gotten under the scum's skin and aided their wobble. If we could do the same again on Saturday then it might demoralise them once more.
I like that we play first as well. Get our 3 points and it really piles the pressure on Woolwich.
They will take the field down 6 points, massive GD problem, off some bad performances, and missing some key folks.

If we take care of business, they could stumble and we'll really be in great shape then. Being across the pond, I do dislike the early games. I need my beauty sleep!

You’ve spun that. I agree with CM and CM. LB we have cover, albeit flakey (Reg is just as flakey)….. berg comes in before that bald dickwad
Fact is, we're weaker when you take pretty much anyone who has started the last 3 games out of the 11.
So let's not get too happy Woolwich have lost a couple of players. With 7 to go, it could happen to us, and probably will if only for a game here and there.

An injury to Kane and we look so much weaker, or Romero and all of a sudden the right side of our defence is back to Sanchez and Emerson. I dont fancy that against Brentford or Leicester let alone Liverpool or Woolwich. We should do it and if we dont we've shat the bed but thats hardly unherd of. A bad weekened or two is all it takes for it all to change as we"ve seen over the last fortnight.

Romero needs to get through Brighton without a booking otherwise we lose him for two games. After that he’s OK for the last few games.

Wow that’s a big risk
Romero is safe. He is on 8 yellows. Brighton is game 32.
Week 32 was last week.

• Ten yellows accumulated by week 32 will result in a two-match ban.

For some reason this FA link doesn't work for me??

Week 32 was last week.

Ah, I thought he was one away from the ban. That’s fine then.

Isn’t this week our week 32 though?

Fact is, we're weaker when you take pretty much anyone who has started the last 3 games out of the 11.
So let's not get too happy Woolwich have lost a couple of players. With 7 to go, it could happen to us, and probably will if only for a game here and there.
I agree but my point whilst we aren’t Man City levels of squad depth, we are a lot more resilient to a couple of injuries than them

Week 32 was last week.

I could be mistaken but I believe the rule is defined as "up to and including the team's 32nd fixture." That to me would mean he has to stay booking free through the Brighton match.

edit: Missed the bit about only have 8 yellows. You're right he should be safe barring a sending off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom