The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spoken like someone that looks at scores but doesn't watch games.
No I watch most games mate, and am being proven right am I not?

There are patterns to the goons play that don’t work without certain players, and 2 of those players are injured, their confidence is on the floor, they’re done

United aren’t a good side but they have experienced players who know how to get over the line, and ronaldo is ronaldo

Good enough explanation?

I said in here a few days ago that united would be our closest challengers, we really need to watch out for them

The goons are dead in the water, not sure they’ll win another game honestly
Man U in their last 6 have;

Dippers (a)
Woolwich (a)
Brentford (h)
Brighton (a)
Chavs (h)
Palace (a)

That’s a tough run in. We’re 3 points ahead of them and with a goal difference of 10 better, it’s effectively 4.

Considering we’ll probably be facing two relegated sides in our last two games, it’ll be a fair old collapse if they overtake us.

No I watch most games mate, and am being proven right am I not?

There are patterns to the goons play that don’t work without certain players, and 2 of those players are injured

United were dog shit today.
Constantly giving the ball away and being put to the sword the whole game by a terrible Norwich side with very little quality.
They deserved nothing today and is just another poor performance from a long string of them.
2 wins from their last 5, us and Norwich, both 3-2 wins at home, both from Ronaldo hat tricks, both they didn't deserve to win.

Woolwich have put some poor results together but they played far better than us or United today. Same old story of no goal scorer, but the whole game it felt like one was coming. They did look vulnerable on the break, but they will start picking up points again if they keep playing like that.

Man U in their last 6 have;

Dippers (a)
Woolwich (a)
Brentford (h)
Brighton (a)
Chavs (h)
Palace (a)

That’s a tough run in. We’re 3 points ahead of them and with a goal difference of 10 better, it’s effectively 4.

Considering we’ll probably be facing two relegated sides in our last two games, it’ll be a fair old collapse if they overtake us.

Well I can’t see us collapsing in the run-in, or losing to a relegated team right at the end of the season.

Hmm:dier:

United were dog shit today.
Constantly giving the ball away and being put to the sword the whole game by a terrible Norwich side with very little quality.
They deserved nothing today and is just another poor performance from a long string of them.
2 wins from their last 5, us and Norwich, both 3-2 wins at home, both from Ronaldo hat tricks, both they didn't deserve to win.

Woolwich have put some poor results together but they played far better than us or United today. Same old story of no goal scorer, but the whole game it felt like one was coming. They did look vulnerable on the break, but they will start picking up points again if they keep playing like that.
United played badly and won, goons played well and lost

You’ve literally proven my point pal

United have the experience to get over the line

Goons can’t score to save their lives and their confidence is gone

We have such stupid pricks in our fanbase
Hahahaha..........wait, what???

Will Forte Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

United played badly and won, goons played well and lost

You’ve literally proven my point pal

United have the experience to get over the line

Goons can’t score to save their lives and their confidence is gone

Don't know if that's sustainable though, there's only so many teams you can beat playing badly and I'm not sure if Norwich is a true barometer of that either.

You are right though they do have more experience and more individual quality I just think that these days you need more than that in the Premier League, as much as they have players like Ronaldo and Bruno they all play like a bunch of strangers under a manager they don't respect and IMO the players don't care enough, when you put it on them they don't want it.

Actually I think having an elite coach or at least one who knows how to win matches is a far better marker than having outstanding individuals.

I think Utd and Woolwich will finish on around 65 points. Maximum 67.

I think 3 wins could do it for us if we beat goons. Brentford, Leicester and Woolwich and we’ve got top 4.

I think we’ll draw at Brentford, beat Leicester and draw against Woolwich. Leaving us needing 4 points against Burnley and Norwich.

I make us favourites but it’ll come down to last day. Hold tight !

Back
Top Bottom