The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't care who Woolwich bottle it against, I care about OUR team bottling it.

This is probably going to be a controversial opinion but I personally don't think the performance against Brighton was us bottling it. The performance seemed to me more complacent and low energy rather than nervy. And particularly after the Villa game which would have easily had more pressure on us to win and more likely to bottle from it.

We have bottled many games over the past few seasons, I just don't think this was one of them and confirmation bias is setting in.

That's not to say that the performance was acceptable or that we won't bottle in in the future. But a lot of people are acting like we're definitely going to fail which I feel is worth balancing, even though I understand the emotional response many people are having.

West Ham probably going to rest players with European game in mind…. But Woolwich have to go up to Newcastle who are trying to get a top half finish…
It’s all too hard to predict…..😩😩😩

It absolutely is but Woolwich would take our games over theirs.

United are a horrible game for them next up.

Nearly guaranteed to see sparks and a probable red card in that game.

United players will give everything and more in that game.

Last edited:
I’m not interested in what other teams do, that’s the type of mentality we need to grow out of. We need to take care of our own results and let the others sweat.

Do these players want to be in the CL or not? If they do, get the ball forward quickly so that Kane, Son and Deki can do the business. It’s that simple. That’s how we can win games. That’s the only way we can win games. If they don’t want to be in the CL then just keep doing what we did against Brighton and that will get the job done.

I'm here mate. Still confident after the Brighton game and the Scum turning over Chavski??

I wasn't confident it would happen then but believed it to be very possible.
Was going to offer you something like 5/1 when the bookies had us closer to 10/1.

Now it's probably an even money shout so I'm more confident now than I was talking about top 4 back then to be honest!

Right now I think we will deny Liverpool and Woolwich wins, slip up and drop points in another game, then win the rest securing us top 4 with 70 points!

I wasn't confident it would happen then but believed it to be very possible.
Was going to offer you something like 5/1 when the bookies had us closer to 10/1.

Now it's probably an even money shout so I'm more confident now than I was talking about top 4 back then to be honest!

Right now I think we will deny Liverpool and Woolwich wins, slip up and drop points in another game, then win the rest securing us top 4 with 70 points!

Well that's a view.

This is probably going to be a controversial opinion but I personally don't think the performance against Brighton was us bottling it. The performance seemed to me more complacent and low energy rather than nervy. And particularly after the Villa game which would have easily had more pressure on us to win and more likely to bottle from it.

We have bottled many games over the past few seasons, I just don't think this was one of them and confirmation bias is setting in.

That's not to say that the performance was acceptable or that we won't bottle in in the future. But a lot of people are acting like we're definitely going to fail which I feel is worth balancing, even though I understand the emotional response many people are having.
Semantics. Fact is that it's one of a number of games over the years where we were in a position to "achieve" something, and either through nerves or complacency.

Doesn't really matter to me which, because you can equally rely on one or the other to ruin a good opportunity.

Semantics. Fact is that it's one of a number of games over the years where we were in a position to "achieve" something, and either through nerves or complacency.

Doesn't really matter to me which
, because you can equally rely on one or the other to ruin a good opportunity.

It certainly matters if one is to solve the issue.

It absolutely is but Woolwich would take our games over theirs.

United are a horrible game for them next up.

Nearly guaranteed to see sparks and a probable red card in that game.

United players will give everything and more in that game.

I hope you’re right

They were absolute shite last night

I reckon we’ll get a result at Liverpool. Don’t know why, I just have a feeling that we will. Which will be important because I also have a feeling that we’ll somehow lose to Norwich.

The joys of being a Spurs fan.

:contehmm:

Back
Top Bottom