The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We won't be getting top 4 I don't think. Woolwich are a bit rubbish but Everton will probably be safe by the time they play them, and Newcastle are already pretty much done for the season, they couldn't be arsed in that second half vs City.

It's a huge shame. We're very obviously the better side with Conte, but starting off with Nuno and then a couple of slip ups will probably cost us.

We won't be getting top 4 I don't think. Woolwich are a bit rubbish but Everton will probably be safe by the time they play them, and Newcastle are already pretty much done for the season, they couldn't be arsed in that second half vs City.

It's a huge shame. We're very obviously the better side with Conte, but starting off with Nuno and then a couple of slip ups will probably cost us.

Win both our games (big if) and I think it’s still 50-50 Woolwich win both of theirs.

If Gabriel, White and Holding are out plus apparently Xhaka is suspended?? Well that is a big hit, leaves them with a good attack but fucking nothing at the back

Edit: apparently not suspended has 9 not 10 yellows.

Southampton.

I’m still hopeful. If Gabriel picked an injury tonight + Holding missing the next game, it leaves White as the only proper CB they have against Newcastle.

Thing is we don’t shit the bed in the next 2 games. Then there’s nothing else we can do but sit and pray results go our way.

Would be funny if we draw against Burnley and the scum lose at Newcastle, to finish on 69 points but ahead on GD.

Win both our games (big if) and I think it’s still 50-50 Woolwich win both of theirs.

If Gabriel, White and Holding are out plus apparently Xhaka is suspended?? Well that is a big hit, leaves them with a good attack but fucking nothing at the back

Almost certain at least one of Gabriel/White will be back. They'll give them injections if need be. Probably both to be honest.

And yeah, their squad is crumbling. But they'll be on it enough to scratch wins like they did vs Leeds, I just don't think Newcastle or Everton will offer proper resistance. It's a shame how those fixtures have fallen but is what itis.

Newcastle, last home game of the season, definitely a squad brimming with excitement, I think they could hive Woolwich a good game. Everton I have little hope for unless they're still battling against relegation.

Southampton.

You can look back at plenty .. just not slipping up and getting that point at Brighton would have had us in the driving seat. Pointless now, nothing we can do about it. Proud of that performance today, as long as they go out and don't lose focus for those final 2 games you can't ask for much more as a fan.

Top 4 would be amazing but we've made clear progress on the field regardless.

Newcastle, last home game of the season, definitely a squad brimming with excitement, I think they could hive Woolwich a good game. Everton I have little hope for unless they're still battling against relegation.

I've never seen a team look more unarsed about playing a football match than Newcastle did vs City. Yeah they were against amazing opposition, but on their own part they were so casual. They conceded 2 goals in added time because they were practically asleep.

Maybe that drubbing wakes them up. But I have zero expectations for it.

I've never seen a team look more unarsed about playing a football match than Newcastle did vs City. Yeah they were against amazing opposition, but on their own part they were so casual. They conceded 2 goals in added time because they were practically asleep.

Maybe that drubbing wakes them up. But I have zero expectations for it.

I wouldn’t use playing away at city as the yardstick just about every team apart from us strangely gets taken to the cleaners. Prior to the City game they where one of the prems form teams.

I wouldn’t use playing away at city as the yardstick just about every team apart from us strangely gets taken to the cleaners. Prior to the City game they where one of the prems form teams.

Oh its not the being hammered which worries me. They just looked like they were there to turn up and nothing else.

The only hope I have is that in front of their own fans they won't be allowed to be so casual.

Oh its not the being hammered which worries me. They just looked like they were there to turn up and nothing else.

The only hope I have is that in front of their own fans they won't be allowed to be so casual.

That’s the thing playing at Woolwich I wouldn’t give much hope but I don’t think their fans will accept getting beat up by Arteta at Newcastle.

https://newcastle-online.org/topic/...lwich-160522-8pm-live-on-sky/page/2/#comments

Danh1

Posted 23 minutes ago
Woolwich will be thinking they’re coming to Newcastle, where they’ve won with ease in recent seasons and that it’ll be a dead rubber for us. Couldn’t be any further wrong, hope we twat them.

Wilson and Trips back in front of a rocking SJP.

Edited 22 minutes ago by Danh1

——-

Believe guys. Newcastle really want a top 10 place. They will get something against these Woolwich pricks. We just need to do our job.

Danh1

Posted 23 minutes ago
Woolwich will be thinking they’re coming to Newcastle, where they’ve won with ease in recent seasons and that it’ll be a dead rubber for us. Couldn’t be any further wrong, hope we twat them.

Wilson and Trips back in front of a rocking SJP.

Edited 22 minutes ago by Danh1

——-

Believe guys. Newcastle really want a top 10 place. They will get something against these Woolwich pricks. We just need to do our job.
top 10 is some achievement considering they was in a relegation fight halfway through! good luck to them

Feels too little too late but love to be wrong. I have a bit of hope with Newcastle but none with Everton. Both capable of stopping an average Woolwich team but it’s the modern day footballer on the beach that worries me!

Everton will probably be safe and Lampard won’t want Spurs in Top 4. Just hope Everton need something. Just hope Newcastle show up and are competitive. Probably losing 0-5 to City is a good thing. Eddie Howe can’t afford to much of that if he wants to continue in that job. Chelsea, Man Utd, West Ham and Leeds have put in half arsed efforts against them which is disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom