The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feels too little too late but love to be wrong. I have a bit of hope with Newcastle but none with Everton. Both capable of stopping an average Woolwich team but it’s the modern day footballer on the beach that worries me!
newcastle potentially going to be the most active club in the summer, so they would be absolute mugs not to try and impress. they are playing for their careers

Just win out last 2. If it isn’t enough we’ll bemoan certain games (Brighton in particular) but at least we can say we finished with a flourish and did all we could when the heat was turned up.

As it is I genuinely think we’ll get 4th if we win our 2 games. Both theirs are banana skins and they have very little experience or calm heads in their camp.

COYS!

We won't be getting top 4 I don't think. Woolwich are a bit rubbish but Everton will probably be safe by the time they play them, and Newcastle are already pretty much done for the season, they couldn't be arsed in that second half vs City.

It's a huge shame. We're very obviously the better side with Conte, but starting off with Nuno and then a couple of slip ups will probably cost us.
Their last home game of the season.

Wilson back, Tripps back.

I think they'll get something out of it.

That's all we need.

Just for them not to lose.

I’m not even asking for Newcastle to win. Just a draw is enough. I think the team will beat Burnley for payback for the earlier loss this season. That’s all we need.

newcastle potentially going to be the most active club in the summer, so they would be absolute mugs not to try and impress. they are playing for their careers
Sadly one game is not make or break or else Howe needs sacking. But hope you are right, as long as they give it 💯 that’s all we can ask for.

Woolwich will get 4 more points. So we need 6
Both teams are unreliable. Can see it being over in the next game with us losing & them winning. But just as easily could see us battering Burnley & them losing to Newcastle. Then we are the strong favourites.

Both teams are unreliable. Can see it being over in the next game with us losing & them winning. But just as easily could see us battering Burnley & them losing to Newcastle. Then we are the strong favourites.

With these two team anything is possible. I think most likely is that both win both games they have left and that people are vastly overrating Newcastle but that is understandable because it is the only hope we have left.

Danh1

Posted 23 minutes ago
Woolwich will be thinking they’re coming to Newcastle, where they’ve won with ease in recent seasons and that it’ll be a dead rubber for us. Couldn’t be any further wrong, hope we twat them.

Wilson and Trips back in front of a rocking SJP.

Edited 22 minutes ago by Danh1

——-

Believe guys. Newcastle really want a top 10 place. They will get something against these Woolwich pricks. We just need to do our job.

I think so too, Newcastle fans must have a lot of positivity at the moment in terms of where they are going now they are loaded. They have been looking up at clubs even like Woolwich and now they sense weak Woolwich who maybe they can beat already. They are going to want to beat them. And if the game starts going against Woolwich then they will crumble because they have no bottle.

I've been thinking about it and this is my honest opinion on how our/their seasons end based on the fixtures remaining. This is an opinion free of the overly negative outlook I normally have but I've not injected any undue optimism in either.

Tottenham vs Woolwich = 3-0

Think we'll be up for it and get an early goal and build on it from there and in the end it'll be a confidence inspiring performance.

Tottenham vs Burnley = 2-0

Won't be as difficult as some predict, think the scoreline will flatter them a little.

Norwich vs Tottenham = 0-4

Easy days work.

Newcastle vs Woolwich = 0-1

A close affair but ultimately Newcastle being unable to take their chances will result in them being unable to get a result.

Woolwich vs Everton = 2-1

Not as close as the scoreline might suggest, Everton put in a performance typical of their struggles this season.
Yep.

It would be great to finish 4th and in a CL place.

But looking at it in terms of players coming into top PL clubs in the summer do they want to join a club TOTALLY dependent upon getting CL in the next few seasons to pay their wages over the next few seasons of their contracts (as Woolwich will be - no increase in revenues so cannot afford wages - or Chelsea without a £100m, pa subsidy from Abramovitch to pay wages and transfer costs) or do they prefer a self sufficient club with £500m+ pa revenues in the future

So even if we get 5th this season we'll have a decent transfer window as enough players/agents can see through the short term charade of Chelsea/Woolwich and their longer term problems of paying wages - and zero increases - and short/long term attractions of Spurs.

As always better to remember 'revenge is a dish best served cold' - in the long term we have a club with the best financial foundations which (aside from 'friendly'/connected party 'sponsorships' ) should generate higher revenues than Chelsea and Woolwich and this able to maintain the best squads - something impossible without a full new stadium which has been impossible until now. Will take a year or two to fully come into play but its coming !

Shit, I didn’t realize Burnley was on 1 days rest. This is going to have a serious impact on our play. Game won’t be easy.

How’s it that the rescheduled against Woolwich sees us with just 1 days rest and Woolwich gets 3?

Back
Top Bottom