The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Plenty of reasons we're below them. Mourinho hangover, Nuno, some very average players, a poor summers recruitment (bar Romero), Romero hardly playing before January. We wouldnt be behind them if Conte had been appointed in the summer.

Oh Yeah Yes GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Shit, I didn’t realize Burnley was on 1 days rest. This is going to have a serious impact on our play. Game won’t be easy.

How’s it that the rescheduled against Woolwich sees us with just 1 days rest and Woolwich gets 3?
It’s 2 days rest until Sunday surely

With these two team anything is possible. I think most likely is that both win both games they have left and that people are vastly overrating Newcastle but that is understandable because it is the only hope we have left.
Yeah. Sadly I still think Woolwich will do it. Felt we had to beat Liverpool really. That deflected goal from you know who :levyeyes:looks like being the difference.
Wouldn’t be shocked if Woolwich dropped points at Newcastle as they are average. But not confident.

I can’t see anyone mentioning Norwich here. If the next two fixtures go as we hope (we beat Burnley, Woolwich drop points at Newcastle) it will mean we will be in contention for fourth away to a team that appeared to be doomed to relegation back in November.

What could possibly go wrong?….

I am at peace with the situation. If we get CL I will be euphoric. We fucking deserve it. If we end up in Europa League, so be it, Arse will get destroyed in CL and we will have a decent shot to win the EL trophy. I trust Conte. We will be in the race for PL and whichever European competition we are in.

Looking at the two teams we are much better placed to play in the CL than them, much better smarts, more mature etc...shake about our start this season if we had Conte since the start, we should have walked it.

I am at peace with the situation. If we get CL I will be euphoric. We fucking deserve it. If we end up in Europa League, so be it, Arse will get destroyed in CL and we will have a decent shot to win the EL trophy. I trust Conte. We will be in the race for PL and whichever European competition we are in.
Absolutely this...
All we can do is win our 2 remaining games now... unlike some clubs we can't affect or influence the outcome of other clubs' games!!!

Back
Top Bottom