The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What we have seen in this mad chase for 4th is it he near impossibility and frailty in making predictions.

Woolwich still have more points than I thought likely 5 games ago but the results. Just how to comprehend?

That's why Norwich have to be treated exactly in the right manner.

Absolutely in our hands and the players can have no excuses.

Patience, being disciplined and being clinical are the key words and let's go for the jugular.
Wise words. It's easy to get complacent but there's still a big job to do at Norwich.

Agree but such a low chance we lose - draw possibly

The goons will be far more likely to drop points
Especially if Everton still have the relegation battle on.

I do feel positive about Sunday but the ghosts of our recent past aren't easy (for me) to shake off. Having said that, we now have a manager who is determined to succeed and has instilled that mentality on the squad.

I'm cautiously optimistic or maybe optimistically cautious!

Didn’t the twat say the game was forgotten bcos of the way they lost and his players would not to react to the defeat? Something like that in the post match interview with sky.

All bias aside, Woolwich have done well to finish 5th and compete for top 4. They have a very young squad and coach. They are leading the line with kids (Nketia and Saka) - We have the best strike pair in world football (Kane and Son).

Nah its BS really, they had everything go for them, no European football, knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round, us and Utd changing managers mid season whilst West Ham and Leicester had European football as well...not to mention spending the most money in the Summer AND having the audacity to call off the original NLD to give themselves more rest.

They played 44 matches this season, and at one point after match day 20 were 6 points up with a game in hand over us with a +7 GD.

To not get top 4 considering those circumstances is a fucking disgrace whether they're a young team or not.

Everton will fancy their chances at Woolwich, so hopefully they make it very hard for them.

We just need to go for it, but remain solid.

No doubt Conte will order Hjojberg, Bentancur and the back 3 to sit, to ensure Pukki doesn't get in behind, then it will be for the wing backs and whichever front 3 play, to try and score the goals.

Get ahead and then control the game if possible..

Everton will fancy their chances at Woolwich, so hopefully they make it very hard for them.

We just need to go for it, but remain solid.

No doubt Conte will order Hjojberg, Bentancur and the back 3 to sit, to ensure Pukki doesn't get in behind, then it will be for the wing backs and whichever front 3 play, to try and score the goals.

Get ahead and then control the game if possible..

We'll put 5 past Norwich. We're not gonna sit tight, they're shit.

You weren’t the worst of the lot but there were plenty on here that came on this thread and posted that we were done every time we didn’t get a result. And it wasn’t a rational opinion like “I don’t think we will get 4th”, it was always, “we are done, it’s over, give up, Kane’s off, lock this thread” or some other temper tantrum.

We had to read all that childish shit every time we dropped a point so I can’t blame anyone that comes back at people that were acting like the world ended when we dropped a point in January.

We are all spurs fans and want spurs to win so it’s not personal… just a friendly “fuck off” between friends.
Tbf I'll always hate these threads. It's like when we're top for an hour in October and someone starts a 'Race to the Title' thread.

Having said them they are good to discuss the season in general so perhaps we could have a 'Season 22/23 Thread' or something?

All bias aside, Woolwich have done well to finish 5th and compete for top 4. They have a very young squad and coach. They are leading the line with kids (Nketia and Saka) - We have the best strike pair in world football (Kane and Son).
giphy.gif

Nah its BS really, they had everything go for them, no European football, knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round, us and Utd changing managers mid season whilst West Ham and Leicester had European football as well...not to mention spending the most money in the Summer AND having the audacity to call off the original NLD to give themselves more rest.

They played 44 matches this season, and at one point after match day 20 were 6 points up with a game in hand over us with a +7 GD.

To not get top 4 considering those circumstances is a fucking disgrace whether they're a young team or not.

That’s before you consider the crazy luck of hitting a Chelsea who literally didn’t give a shit and played like they wanted to throw the game, a West Ham between EL games with injuries and a United that started to disintegrate.

Hitting those games normally is brutal but they couldn’t have timed it better

Back
Top Bottom