The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the scum it makes sense, they are lacking talent in various places and the side is thin. They don’t have the elite manager. The team lacks leadership and maturity. It’s not just a young team, it’s not good enough yet.

United is a puzzler, how they can underachieve so much with the embarrassment of talent that they have. They should be miles ahead of Woolwich.

Not turning this into an ENIC thread, let's just say the time to invest heavily is NOW.

We have the manager, a few star players and another host of decent and seemingly happy players for the spots 11-25th in the squad. We have the stadium, the finances.

The Scum are off their feet, Utd are still a joke by their own standards and Newcastle has another 2-3 windows before they are up and running. Oh, and there is the uncertainly of Chelsea.

This is when we have a unique opportunity to place ourselves permanently (as well as can be done) amongst the biggest 3-4 clubs.

It's going to be a very pricy summer, but it should. And we have plenty and plenty of players to sell too.

Not turning this into an ENIC thread, let's just say the time to invest heavily is NOW.

We have the manager, a few star players and another host of decent and seemingly happy players for the spots 11-25th in the squad. We have the stadium, the finances.

The Scum are off their feet, Utd are still a joke by their own standards and Newcastle has another 2-3 windows before they are up and running. Oh, and there is the uncertainly of Chelsea.

This is when we have a unique opportunity to place ourselves permanently (as well as can be done) amongst the biggest 3-4 clubs.

It's going to be a very pricy summer, but it should. And we have plenty and plenty of players to sell too.
Completely agree - out go Ndom (free), GLC (20), Lucas (20), Berg (25), Royal (15) and Reg (25)

That’s 105 and we should be able to rustle up another
150/200

I have faith in Paratici getting deals done, and in Conte and him in selecting gettable players

Regardless, Norwich is a must win. If not, then we have no business in that tile.

If won, nothing should go wrong

Major League Baseball Reaction GIF by Detroit Tigers

It certainly is. Maybe most importantly; first proper full season in the new stadium.

And just like I thought, Woolwich being given every excuse in the book - Gab Agbonlahor saying that they're a young team and they were never expected to challenge for top 4 and we have two World Class players and Conte blah blah blah

Funny that cause we weren't given this much sympathy when were were labelled bottlers and that we finished 3rd in a two horse race in 2015/16 even though we were never fucking top of the league at any point...our average age of the squad back then was 23.9 years old which is younger than the Woolwich team now.

But you know, narrative gonna narrative and all that.

Now this is a story
all about how
Arteta's life got turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
So just sit right there
I'll tell you all about the scums massive geordie nightmare

In St James Park where the crowd was crazed
The level of noise caused the gooners to be amazed
Screaming out, ranting, chanting real loud
And the gooners lads well they all were cowed
Then that fuckwit Ben White, who we know is no good
Scored an own goal, and he cried where he stood
Then Newcastle scored the winner and won fair and square
So now I'm telling you all about the scums massive geordie nightmare

And just like I thought, Woolwich being given every excuse in the book - Gab Agbonlahor saying that they're a young team and they were never expected to challenge for top 4 and we have two World Class players and Conte blah blah blah

Funny that cause we weren't given this much sympathy when were were labelled bottlers and that we finished 3rd in a two horse race in 2015/16 even though we were never fucking top of the league at any point...our average age of the squad back then was 23.9 years old which is younger than the Woolwich team now.

Yeh, I did suspect as much.....

Fuck 'em all. The hate only serves to makes us stronger.

collapse silo GIF
Forever trusting the process

this is what happens when you build on a back line that inc Cedric the Clown , White (OG), Spamsdale and Gwanite.

Imagine if their players had put the effort into playing that they have into excuse making, we could all be in the shit place they are.

I can't even imagine the kind of budget their comms people have for taking journalists out for dinners, drinks and ladies.

Back
Top Bottom