The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Draw Wednesday will do fine a win would be excellent but I wouldn’t be to disappointed with a draw.
Have you seen the state of them? A draw at old Trafford is always good but after watching them today and the fact José has a point to prove I’m expecting 3-0 at half time and end up winning 3-2 :mourbringit:

Chelsea have a good run of games coming up and we will probably go further behind before closing the gap again. We need to reduce the number of goals conceded to really make headway. Jan may have not be up to 2 matches a week yet but that back 4 looks good to me and will get better playing together. The 2 goals Saturday were direct from FK and from a player not being tracked back from whoever replaced Son on the left. Not sure if Lo Celso played there or someone else moved over but he should never have had that space.

The fixtures don’t really favour us over December but the key thing is that we still have to play Chelsea twice and have already played Liverpool, City, Woolwich and Leicester away. If we can string a nice run of wins together then we might be able to squeak in there come the end of the season.

Top 4 finish betting odds @ SkyBet (1-12-2019):

Liverpool: -
Man. City: 1/250
Leicester: 2/9
Chelsea: 4/9
Spurs: 7/4
Woolwich: 15/2
United: 9/1
Wolves: 16/1

Latest Premier League Top Four Odds
  • Manchester City – 1/100.
  • Liverpool – 1/40.
  • Chelsea – 1/6.
  • Tottenham Hotspur – 4/6.
  • Woolwich – 6/4.
  • Manchester United – 5/2.
English Premier League Top Four Betting Odds | 888sport™

What a difference a few hours make - or time to revisit the odds after the Sunday evening matches !

For whatever reason Leicester are included outside the most popular clubs they are displaying odds on.

Latest Premier League Top Four Odds
  • Manchester City – 1/100.
  • Liverpool – 1/40.
  • Chelsea – 1/6.
  • Tottenham Hotspur – 4/6.
  • Woolwich – 6/4.
  • Manchester United – 5/2.
English Premier League Top Four Betting Odds | 888sport™

What a difference a few hours make - or time to revisit the odds after the Sunday evening matches !

For whatever reason Leicester are included outside the most popular clubs they are displaying odds on.
Those odds make zero sense and don't even include Leicester who are very serious contenders for a top four finish.

Check (888sport odds as well):

Last edited:
Makes zero sense and doesn't even include Leicester who are very serious contenders for a top four finish.

Doubt its preseason but - comes up on a google search so should be current day !

The quote was 'the most popular clubs' so maybe they don't think Leicester are a popular/big draw club which is possibly right, not the same standing as other 'top clubs'

Clynelish Clynelish If you prefer Skybet, odds

Manchester City 1/250

Leicester 2/9

Chelsea 4/9

Tottenham 7/4

Woolwich 15/2

Manchester Utd 9/1

Wolves 16/1
I know, the same odds as posted a couple of hours ago:

Top four odds currently on Bet365

Liverpool 1/1000
Man City 1/1000
Leicester 2/9
Chelsea 1/2
Tottenham 6/4
Woolwich 9/1
Man Utd 10/1
Wolves 25/1

Liverpool / Man City odds are definitely 1/1000
Spurs 6/4 seems a very good bet at the moment :thumbup:

I’m optimistic we’ll get top 4. By Thursday, out of Liverpool, Leicester, Man City, Chelsea, Woolwich, and Man United, we will have played 5 of those 6 already and all of those away from home. Also, look at our last 11 games of the season. All the away games look very winnable and of the competing top 4 teams, we play Man U, Woolwich and Leicester at home.

It’ll be interesting to see if Leicester and Chelsea can keep it up for the whole season. An injury to Vardy and that team is screwed. I’m very optimistic we’ll get top 4 and depending how it goes until Christmas, maybe even better.

We should be fighting for the title, yet here we are fighting for top 4. Hope we go like on a crazy run of wins. Jose loves and thrives on big games, hopefully this will be the case. Man Utd are so bad, a draw would be like defeat.

As a spurs fan, the following would sucks balls...

1) Liverpool
2) Manchester City
3) Leicester City
4) Sheffield United

I wonder what the repercussions of such a finish would be though, for the game in general. I mean, the sky four seems to have all but disappeared, so maybe this would be the natural evolution of the game? Money doesn't necessarily equal a top four guarantee... Hmmm....

Back
Top Bottom