The race for top four.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Incredible scenes tonight. How fucking shit are Woolwich. Just glorious. Had a quick look on twitter and they're having a full on melt down. :sonlol::adesalute:

So essentially, if we beat WHU and Utd beat chelsea we are all but guaranteed CL football barring some miracle in GD.

As you don't appear to have a dictionary,

Imbecilic = stupid, half-witted, moronic etc etc.

By the way, it's Mum not mom. You're not a Yank by any chance? (it would explain a lot)
I am deeply offended by your disrespect of Americans. Why don't you come be disrespectful in person... Or will your mum not let you or after dark?

Starting to dream that top 4 could be sorted by the end of the weekend.

If so, that would be a massive bonus going into the Ajax games without having to worry about it.
:tobyarm:

I'm honestly cool looking at it all. I'd start Janssen & Skipp this weekend, just Davinson in there as well so we keep it as fresh as possible for Ajax.

This weekend will be a battle I have no doubt but I do think 3 points could easily be enough now, which I find incredible as 5 days ago I'd have never said anything like that.

Dier & Skipp in the middle, I'd love to hear updates on Aurier, Lamela & Winksy ASAP

Imagine this scenario, scum miss out on top 4 by one point, we finish 3rd, the deluded dippers have their best season ever with all the help from refs they have had and miss out on the title by 1 point, then we get to the CL final and have to play Pool (with just the slightest of brushes off his shoulder from a Mo Salah back pass) and to win the CL at the dippers expense.

Fucking hell, I am dreaming lads, to dare is to do.
:kaneear:

I'm honestly cool looking at it all. I'd start Janssen & Skipp this weekend, just Davinson in there as well so we keep it as fresh as possible for Ajax.

This weekend will be a battle I have no doubt but I do think 3 points could easily be enough now, which I find incredible as 5 days ago I'd have never said anything like that.

Dier & Skipp in the middle, I'd love to hear updates on Aurier, Lamela & Winksy ASAP
Noooooo. Skipp starting against West Ham would be a massive mistake. They'll be right up for that game, so we need some more experienced heads on the pitch.

Besides, confidence breeds confidence - we should look to beat West Ham, roll that onto the Ajax game, and then (if we're fortunate enough to have top 4 done before Bournemouth) rotate the squad massively at the Vitality stadium.

Noooooo. Skipp starting against West Ham would be a massive mistake. They'll be right up for that game, so we need some more experienced heads on the pitch.

Besides, confidence breeds confidence - we should look to beat West Ham, roll that onto the Ajax game, and then (if we're fortunate enough to have top 4 done before Bournemouth) rotate the squad massively at the Vitality stadium.

The only reason I say about Skipp is the lack of Sissoko, Winks and match fitness for Wanyama & Dier. We really need as much energy as possible for Ajax in the middle of the pitch and even though I don't like the idea of it, our depleted midfield should be adjusted accordingly for the biggest game in years come Tuesday.

Big decisions to be had & made. Fuck being a manager hey?

I really don’t know what people see in Skipp, other than he isn’t Sissoko. He’s young, he might turn out to be good, but he’s not ready yet. He looks nervous as fuck whenever I’ve seen him.

That's pretty much the team I selected

r1lct4.jpg

The bench could be:
Gazza
Foyth
Rose
Wanyama
Eriksen
Lucas

Saving the older guys for Ajax (Nando and Jan).

I wan't Son to pull two early yellows on Zabaleta, tons of deep runs from Dele and hopefully Lamela will be able to suply him.

I really don’t know what people see in Skipp, other than he isn’t Sissoko. He’s young, he might turn out to be good, but he’s not ready yet. He looks nervous as fuck whenever I’ve seen him.

You're wrong, he can be our Frenkie De Jong.

If you can't spot the talent from clips like this then you can't spot talent full stop.

And you write my him off as an 18 year old because he's "nervous as fuck". Him and Troy Parrott have elite level potential.

Last edited:
I'd go...

..............................Gazzaniga
Foyth........Sanchez.......Vertonghen......Davies
......................Dier.................Dele
...........Lucas.........Eriksen..........Son
...............................Llorente

Probably being a bit cheeky with the Gazzaniga-for-Lloris rotation there, but he's good enough to give Hugo a full week's break before Ajax, in my opinion.

Winks and/or Sissoko would come in at CM but I'm pessimistic about them being fit in time.

Skipp and Janssen on in the late stages if it's going well.

Not much rotation, but if you haven't noticed - we're down to the bare bones in midfield and attack.

Edit: too soon for a Parrott call up to the bench?
:levyeyes:

Last edited:

If you can't spot the talent from clips like this then you can't spot talent full stop.

And you're write my him off as an 18 year old because he's "nervous as fuck". Him and Troy Parrott have elite level potential.

I haven’t written him off. I said he’s young. And posting clips against Gillingham is really funny. He looks nervous as fuck playing in the Prem. You don’t seem to realise that Poch sees his players every day. I think your opinions on football are asinine btw. You have hates and faves and you can’t see past your own prejudices. The reason I don’t engage with you any longer is that you’re an idiot. Sorry, but you are really thick and incredibly boring. You make statements without knowledge, hoping that some of them will be borne out and when they’re not you are nowhere to be seen - or you leave the forum in embarrassment. I think your views are pointless. Now don’t quote me again. Thanks.

Last edited:
I haven’t written him off. I said he’s young. And posting clips against Gillingham is really funny. He looks nervous as fuck playing in the Prem. You don’t seem to realise that Poch sees his players every day. I think your opinions on football are asinine btw. You have hates and faves and you can’t see past your own prejudices. The reason I don’t engage with you any longer is that you’re an idiot. Sorry, but you are really thick and incredibly boring.

And I don't generally engage with you because you're an obnoxious, self pitying drunk who bores everyone silly by looking for cunt offs at regular intervals, but you needed pulling up on this issue.

Agreed. Don't dislike him at all, but in my opinion he's only gotten minutes in the league because we shot ourselves in the foot regarding a lack of CM purchase in the summer.

And you're write my him off as an 18 year old because he's "nervous as fuck". Him and Troy Parrott have elite level potential.

I haven’t written him off. I said he’s young. And posting clips against Gillingham is really funny. He looks nervous as fuck playing in the Prem. You don’t seem to realise that Poch sees his players every day. I think your opinions on football are asinine btw. You have hates and faves and you can’t see past your own prejudices. The reason I don’t engage with you any longer is that you’re an idiot. Sorry, but you are really thick and incredibly boring. You make statements without knowledge, hoping that some of them will be borne out and when they’re not you are nowhere to be seen - or you leave the forum in embarrassment. I think your views are pointless. Now don’t quote me again. Thanks.
Skipp will assfuck West Ham.

And they will thank him for the honor.

And I don't generally engage with you because you're an obnoxious, self pitying drunk who bores everyone silly by looking for cunt offs at regular intervals, but you needed pulling up on this issue.
Self pitying drunk? Really? How do you arrive at that conclusion? Wasn’t it you who quit the forum claiming health issues? I posted my opinion on Skipp with another poster, and now I’ve got you on my case. You’re the one looking for a cunt off as is as clear as day. I never mentioned you. I don’t care about your opinions, yet here I am, arguing with a cunt. How have I initiated this? Jeez you’re fucking thick. You were laughed off this forum and don’t you forget it. You’re a weird person, obsessed with another poster and one of our players. Your behaviour is very odd.

Last edited:
Skipp will assfuck West Ham.

And they will thank him for the honor.
Do you guys watch football? Some of you just seem to think that throwing an untested youth player into the mix at the business end of the season will pay dividends. Because...There’s a reason that Poch is reluctant to do that - and, let’s face it, what the fuck does he know? If only he listened to the idiots on here we’d be cushty.

Try to learn about the game - seriously.

Last edited:
Self pitying drunk? Really? How do you arrive at that conclusion? Wasn’t it you who quit the forum claiming health issues? I posted my opinion on Skipp with another poster, and now I’ve got you on my case. You’re the one looking for a cunt off as is as clear as day. I never mentioned you. I don’t care about your opinions, yet here I am, arguing with a cunt. How have I initiated this? Jeez you’re fucking thick. You were laughed off this forum and don’t you forget it. You’re a weird person, obsessed with another poster and one of our players. Your behaviour is very odd.

No, I left the forum because I got sick of the four or five sociopaths who ruin the place and are generally little more than an embarrassment to Spurs fans full stop. My health is a bit better so I'm more inclined put obnoxious little cunts like you and Spursdem in their place.

Back
Top Bottom