The Return of Fans to Stadiums

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you attend matches at 10-25% capacity

• Yes - COYS!

Votes: 116 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • I'd rather go to another Take That reunion

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
Masks will definitely be compulsory.

Corporate and Premium will get priority due to the income that they generate.

Rest will be points.

Masks or face shields - it’s going to be pathetic. Just so glad I stopped regularly attending years ago... more armchair or pubs today. It’ll be interesting when the football mobs turn out in full face visor crash helmets though 😂

Slightly off topic, but am watching some La liga vs Bundesliga footy. I like the fake crowd noise much better than no crowd noise (Bundesliga).
With someone adjusting the noise according to events on the pitch, it works pretty well in replicating a match atmosphere. Will be interesting to see what the Premier League do. Has there been any news on this yet?

Slightly off topic, but am watching some La liga vs Bundesliga footy. I like the fake crowd noise much better than no crowd noise (Bundesliga).
With someone adjusting the noise according to events on the pitch, it works pretty well in replicating a match atmosphere. Will be interesting to see what the Premier League do. Has there been any news on this yet?

Rumoured to be an option via the red button. Can’t say I fancy it at all though. I’ll make my own noise.

The noise should be pumped into the stadium. The players will appreciate it

Someone had the idea that we should live stream crowd noise into the stadium from fans homes via some huge Zoom-like set up.

Cool idea... Not particularly practical though.

We could have a Spurs DJ to play the whole repertoire of Spurs match noises - everything from 'Oh when the Spurs' & 'Yid Army' to ironic cheers for Sissoko's shots, and dog's abuse for the ref. Make it authentic.

Someone had the idea that we should live stream crowd noise into the stadium from fans homes via some huge Zoom-like set up.

Cool idea... Not particularly practical though.

Well we've got the big screens so it's possible to set up zoom but it would be weird.

Just got have patience and pray we are back for good. Could it be magic and relight my fire for football? I know everything changes but I never forget the good old days. Hopefully we will eventually rule the world.

The latest bonkers sounding "Plan to get fans back into PL matches" in today's Sunday Times and which is apparently being discussed by a leading club in the northwest and one of London's biggest sides:

- Fans would go to a testing station at the stadium from 72 hours before a game for a pinprick test, which would give a result in 20 mins;
- If it's negative you'd be given a green laminated pass for match day;
- On match day your temperature would be checked and you'd be given PPE equipment (presumably just a mask and possibly gloves) then pass through a disinfecting mist into the stadium where F&B would be available since everyone in the stadium should be low risk;
- Cost would be around £30 per match per person and it is unclear if the club, sponsor or fans would have to pay this. :levystare:

So an extra trip to the stadium with the additional travel costs on Covid-infested public transport, plus an extra £30 per match. Sounds crazy to me, but what does anyone else who voted yes think? "Would you still go or not? It would put me in the " I'm so desperate to get out and do something so maybe I'll give it a go" category, but then I'm retired so I have lots and time on my hands. I'd be very surprised if many of those with jobs and young families would want to spend the extra time and money on something like this at this time of uncertainly though. I just can't see it enough people being interested and would expect a big drop-off in numbers after one or two matches.

The latest bonkers sounding "Plan to get fans back into PL matches" in today's Sunday Times and which is apparently being discussed by a leading club in the northwest and one of London's biggest sides:

- Fans would go to a testing station at the stadium from 72 hours before a game for a pinprick test, which would give a result in 20 mins;
- On match day your temperature would be checked and you'd be given PPE equipment (presumably just a mask and possibly gloves) then pass through a disinfecting mist into the stadium where F&B would be available since everyone in the stadium should be low risk;
- Cost would be around £30 per match per person and it is unclear if the club, sponsor or fans would have to pay this. :levystare:

So an extra trip to the stadium with the additional travel costs on Covid-infested public transport, plus an extra £30 per match. Sounds crazy to me, but what does anyone else who voted yes think? "Would you still go or not? It would put me in the " I'm so desperate to get out and do something so maybe I'll give it a go" category, but then I'm retired so I have lots and time on my hands. I'd be very surprised if many of those with jobs and young families would want to spend the extra time and money on something like this at this time of uncertainly though. I just can't see it enough people being interested and would expect a big drop-off in numbers after one or two matches.
I'd definitely go, even under these conditions............................ I should be tested for insanity!!!

Just got have patience and pray we are back for good. Could it be magic and relight my fire for football? I know everything changes but I never forget the good old days. Hopefully we will eventually rule the world.
It could be the greatest day of our life
Can't wait to see the boys "Shine", but can see the whole thing being a "Circus". "Could it Be Magic?", it would only "Take a Minute" to find out! Let's all "Pray" that we can get back to the Lane asap.
:dude:

Voted no after seeing this.

Having to go a testing station on a day prior to the game sounds nuts. More time and money........

Can't wait to see the boys "Shine", but can see the whole thing being a "Circus". "Could it Be Magic?", it would only "Take a Minute" to find out! Let's all "Pray" that we can get back to the Lane asap.
:dude:
N4ey.gif

Back
Top Bottom