The Return of Fans to Stadiums

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you attend matches at 10-25% capacity

• Yes - COYS!

Votes: 116 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • I'd rather go to another Take That reunion

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
There's about 50,000 Spurs fans would disagree!!
But hey, if it is 10,000, we'll take what we can get...

ST/Points/Closed shop etc.... the rest of us probably won't need to bother with a return to the Wheel of Doom for the time being!
Think it will be a ST ballot like the other games earlier in the season.

If Boris sticks to his June prediction of no restrictions, then August could see the return of 'the wheel of doom'.

You seem to struggle with the fact they changed the kick off times after fans were banned. Before they were banned and when we're back to normal, kick off on midweek games will again have to consider people tend to work until 5 in the largest proportion. 6pm kick offs isn't fair on the fans.
It was bad enough when they were getting later for TV, I'd often not get home until midnight and have to be up at 5.30am
Now I might not be able to make games at all. And others live further away than I do.
Moved your nonsense here. Didn't belong in the match thread.

They moved KO times to allow people to watch football on TV due to Covid and the fact they couldn't go to games!

The Spurs game isn't the only one that is being played on Wednesday night hence the time?!

🤦‍♂️

Now there are fans back that should stop. I will not be going but it is not fair on those that want to go and work. Many workers at the stadium have other jobs and can make 8 pm KO's but cannot be in 2 places at once for 6pm KO's. Sky have too much power with setting of days and times matches are played.
weary sigh...

I did not start the discussion but you continued with it and if you do not respond again I will leave it at that but what are sky doing next Sunday with all 10 matches KO together.
You have to be the most dumb poster on here. From your thoughts on covid to football - total nonsense everywhere.

Don't bother replying, I won't see it.

You have to be the most dumb poster on here. From your thoughts on covid to football - total nonsense everywhere.

Don't bother replying, I won't see it.
For the benefit of other posters as the Spider has clearly put me on ignore. What a result I will no longer have to,put up with his constant disagrees. As a trust supporter I expected him to take fans side against sky by clearly on Sky's side.

For the benefit of other posters as the Spider has clearly put me on ignore. What a result I will no longer have to,put up with his constant disagrees. As a trust supporter I expected him to take fans side against sky by clearly on Sky's side.
He has no one on ignore

The media played it down, and I don't know what feed was shown in the UK, but the feed we got from BEIN very clearly showed the fans from both sides at the cup final booing the kneeling players.

Wonder what the 10,000 at the lane will do on Wednesday - or will Spurs players stand tall?

Moved your nonsense here. Didn't belong in the match thread.

They moved KO times to allow people to watch football on TV due to Covid and the fact they couldn't go to games!

The Spurs game isn't the only one that is being played on Wednesday night hence the time?!

🤦‍♂️
It's the TV companies hypocrisy that is causing a lot of us such an issue.

When the ESL was announced they and their cronies were all spouting nonsense about football being about the fans
The truth of the matter is, they knew they'd lose billions if they lost the rights to the games to the clubs. They shat themselves and used us to get it canceled.
And now, with fans going back the games, they themselves are shitting on us in order to line their greedy pockets.

It's the TV companies hypocrisy that is causing a lot of us such an issue.

When the ESL was announced they and their cronies were all spouting nonsense about football being about the fans
The truth of the matter is, they knew they'd lose billions if they lost the rights to the games to the clubs. They shat themselves and used us to get it canceled.
And now, with fans going back the games, they themselves are shitting on us in order to line their greedy pockets.

Gary Neville the ultimate hypocrite amongst it all. People on here lapping it up at the time.

Just cash cows to them plain and simple.

Friday night kick offs. Late Saturday night away games. Monday night away matches. “For the fans”.

Yeah right. And don’t get me started on Sky bet and the non stop gambling advertising.......

Gary Neville the ultimate hypocrite amongst it all. People on here lapping it up at the time.

Friday night kick offs. Late Saturday night away games. Monday night away matches. “For the fans”.

Yeah right. And don’t get me started on Sky bet and the non stop gambling advertising.......
I don't understand how supporters don't see this, it's as obvious as the nose on my face.

I don't understand how supporters don't see this, it's as obvious as the nose on my face.

Neville and the rest of the class of 92 when they took over at Salford City they changed the colour of the strip from orange to red and have gone through 4 managers this season.... spirit of the game and all that!!

Laughable. Sky acting concerned for us. They just knew they were working on the new premier league tv deal.......imagine losing the big 6 from that product.
Probably sell their own grandmothers if needed.

Neville and the rest of the class of 92 when they took over at Salford City they changed the colour of the strip from orange to red and have gone through 4 managers this season.... spirit of the game and all that!!

Laughable. Sky acting concerned for us. They just knew they were working on the new premier league tv deal.......imagine losing the big 6 from that product.
Probably sell their own grandmothers if needed.
I'd rather give up watching football than give them a penny of my hard earned pension!

The media played it down, and I don't know what feed was shown in the UK, but the feed we got from BEIN very clearly showed the fans from both sides at the cup final booing the kneeling players.

Wonder what the 10,000 at the lane will do on Wednesday - or will Spurs players stand tall?
Tricky one - the gesture has served its purpose, not sure what’s its achieved. I despise the left wing BLM freaks in this country but I’m all for clear action in terms of providing equal opps for all colours/backgrounds etc in football. More needs to be done and I don’t see this gesture achieving further change

BOOOOOOO

I do put the odd match day bet on with them, but I also find it criminal they report "news" and take bets on the "news" they report.
Surely that's a serious conflict of interest?

Tricky one - the gesture has served its purpose, not sure what’s its achieved. I despise the left wing BLM freaks in this country but I’m all for clear action in terms of providing equal opps for all colours/backgrounds etc in football. More needs to be done and I don’t see this gesture achieving further change

BOOOOOOO

Kneeling is as harmless as sitting on a bench watching the wind in the trees.
Anybody booing that is more racist than they realise.

But I agree, it's not achieving anything.
I get irked by Spurs tbh. Go on their Facebook pages and there is absolutely nothing to moderate the comments

They bleat on about social media allowing racism to exist but Spurs have the power to delete nasty comments and ban posters from the page. But they don't.

Kneeling is as harmless as sitting on a bench watching the wind in the trees.
Anybody booing that is more racist than they realise.

But I agree, it's not achieving anything.
I get irked by Spurs tbh. Go on their Facebook pages and there is absolutely nothing to moderate the comments

They bleat on about social media allowing racism to exist but Spurs have the power to delete nasty comments and ban posters from the page. But they don't.
Who determines what a "nasty comment" is? ... Daniel Levy or Cybil the tea lady? If you decide to limit free speech (and there has to be some level of oversight) it can't be a football club chairman or a minimum wage keyboard operator who makes those decisions ... that's a very dangerous road to go down.

The government (ideally a world standard) needs to create a totally autonomous body that regulates on-line activity and sets guidelines for all website administrators ... huge task and one they all keep avoiding.

Back
Top Bottom