The Return of Fans to Stadiums

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you attend matches at 10-25% capacity

• Yes - COYS!

Votes: 116 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • I'd rather go to another Take That reunion

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
I've been a bit of a hermit apart from going shopping etc so I'm chomping at the bit. Still have a nagging feeling about another wave though. I got Covid early on, I'm convinced I picked it up at the Norwich FA Cup game last year. That is playing on my mind.

Pretty much how my life has been for the last 18 months, as I've said already I'm in two minds. It doesn't stop me looking out for ticket news everyday though.
I think having had both jabs is giving me a false sense of security as people are contracting Covid after being jabbed.
I thought I would be 1st in the queue for a beer at my local when the restrictions ended, but, I didn't and haven't bothered.
Still a bit apprehensive I suppose.
Strange times.

I felt terrible after that game too!

I can't wait to get back to The Lane, even though I'm not expecting to be blown away by the football;)
I suppose I'm feeling fairly invincible as I have had the double jab, and I've been on trains and buses, been to church, pubs, restaurants, cinema and gym since they've opened. Even went to a Greek wedding reception at the weekend. I still take reasonable measures (mask wearing, sanitize hands, keep my distance). I'm going to make the most of the lifting of restrictions whilst I can, but would not even think of going abroad this year, and I have a feeling that we'll probably have another lockdown September/October, so even more reason to go to games whilst we can.

How are people feeling about going back to the ground for the new season?

I'm open minded but it does feel odd going from tables of 6 indoors to 61,000 in a stadium in about a month.
I can’t wait. I’m over 65 and double jabbed and although I do have a condition that puts me at a higher risk, I’m confident enough that with the vaccine I should be protected from getting it too bad if I were to contract Covid.

I feel that it’s time to at least attempt to get back to some kind of normality. Went to a restaurant for lunch on Sunday with my son and his family. No masks, staff happy, full tables, etc. So nice. Restriction-free foreign travel is still some time off though I think.

We’re going to have to live with this thing forever, so for me now is as good a time as ever to get back to full stadiums. COYS!

I can’t wait. I’m over 65 and double jabbed and although I do have a condition that puts me at a higher risk, I’m confident enough that with the vaccine I should be protected from getting it too bad if I were to contract Covid.

I feel that it’s time to at least attempt to get back to some kind of normality. Went to a restaurant for lunch on Sunday with my son and his family. No masks, staff happy, full tables, etc. So nice. Restriction-free foreign travel is still some time off though I think.

We’re going to have to live with this thing forever, so for me now is as good a time as ever to get back to full stadiums. COYS!
If you have a condition and are over 65, do wear a really good mask when you go and don't take it off for any reason. You can be heard just as well when you're cheering, whether you wear a mask or not. ;):kaneear:

No, not everyone has been changed to gold so it must be an error. You are correct that there is no way to downgrade online, but if you email the TO they will change it to silver for you.

I’ve also been gold for years but don’t want to pay for ECL matches that I have no intention of going to so I emailed them and got a reply within a few hours that it was done.
Done and dusted.

Very efficient - I have to say. 👍

That is barmy bringing it in early and will depress attendance. With the figures getting better and opposition in Parliament, I doubt this will happen.
Know what you mean but with the "or Covid status" bit means you don't have to be double vaxxed, just posted a negative home test (which they take people's word for so chocolate teapot really).
Same for a concert should be going to tonight.
Ticket already bought months ago just Ticketmaster have messaged this stipulation in the last few days.

That is barmy bringing it in early and will depress attendance. With the figures getting better and opposition in Parliament, I doubt this will happen.
I’m not so sure. I believe that even if the government do not mandate Covid passports individual organisations will still be allowed to do set their own rules. The PL were already considering bringing them in before the government’s plan to introduce them in the autum.

Know what you mean but with the "or Covid status" bit means you don't have to be double vaxxed, just posted a negative home test (which they take people's word for so chocolate teapot really).
Same for a concert should be going to tonight.
Ticket already bought months ago just Ticketmaster have messaged this stipulation in the last few days.
Seems a complete waste of time if all you have to do is record the results of a home Lateral Flow Test on the NHS app as they are worse than useless if they are not done properly. Which most aren’t.

Unlikely to depress attendance at all as we are heading towards almost 90% of adults having had at least one jab. The vast majority of people will soon be fully vaccinated and ready to return to normal life.

I’m so sorry for our children and our society that is ending up like this.

For perspective; one may not know, but a lot of clubs and 'music bars' around town had been requesting passports or photo ID (in some instances demanding they scan a copy!) for entry for quite a few years pre-Covid.

e.g.
Vibe Bar, Brick Lane.
Corsica Studios, Elephant&Castle.

Was never happy about that state of affairs myself..... What's the line in the sand for you or others?

Last edited:
For perspective; one may not know, but a lot of clubs and 'music bars' around town had been requesting passports or photo ID (in some instances demanding they scan a copy!) for entry for quite a few years pre-Covid.

e.g.
Vibe Bar, Brick Lane.
Corsica Studios, Elephant&Castle.

Was never happy about that state of affairs myself..... What's the line in the sand for you or others?
Mine was already set at the league cup final. I took every action I reasonably could against that for excluding disabled / young from that event, under the pretence of an unnecessary “test” event was a step too far. I cannot see me doing anything other than asking for a refund. This is for me a “no more” moment. I have had the vaccine and ok, I survived, but the rancid thing has fucked my mum’s life royally of late so I don’t see how coercion or forced “papers please” is good for anyone. And as for showing my personal medical details to a Carlisle Security worker - fuck right off.

I am open minded, so happy to be convinced how this is good for football or good for society….

I am hopeful everyone is doing their “best” but vaccines, especially in the trial stage, are not a nil cost intervention and as such while in clinical trials (till 2023 I should add) forcing people seems “off”. Ok the way around it is lateral tests, but using them is dangerous given how reliable they are. So that’s not an answer for me.

I went to Wembley for the England v Germany game which was officially a 'Test' event and required this. Went to quite a bit of stress to get my " Covid Passport" on the app as it was meant to be required. Obviously the stewards didn't give a shit and just waved me through as I tried to find the thing in my phone.

Similar to Biff, I went to a ‘test event’ - Edgbaston EngvNZ test match - had all NHS confirmation of negative lateral flow test ready and was blithely waved through by stewards who didn’t look at it.

I received an email from the club tonight linking to a survey gauging ST / OH appetite for attendance etc. I’ll jump through the necessary hoops to watch Spurs but am also concerned at the increasingly Orwellian levels of ‘health surveillance’ being enacted across society…

Back
Top Bottom