The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CeKyVtTUEAAheGP.jpg

I am a die hard LCFC fan. Home and away every season for nearly 40 years (yes I am old..). Just wanted to put a genuine LCFC fan perspective here and you can ignore it, spit it back or accept it. First I apologise for the glory buy idiots claiming to be LC fans and saying we have or will win the league. We have 72 points which is fantastic but that will not win the league. Even though this is the thing of dreams for me to be in the top 4 it is also sad as most current LC fans have only been here since we got promoted. We gained 10,000 last season as soon as we went up and I prefer the old days of 20,000 genuine home fans and 1500 genuine away fans. I personally want to smack every person whether LC or not who say we have won it as we have 5 damn hard games coming up and in each of the last 5 wins we could have easily lost them. Whereas, I hate to say it but you guys and outplaying teams and I can honestly see you winning every game left - which puts us in one heck of a situation. I suppose most Spurs fans just see the LC results and think we can't stop winning but being at the games it is a different matter. You ask why we come to your forum and in my case it is intrigue to see what fans of a big club like yours thinks of us as remember we have never had this much press in our history whereas you have in your glory days. our previous glory was 4th in 1963 and a couple of league cups under the great Martin O'neil. Yes both Spurs and LC have idiot fans and some decent ones. I will not lie and say I like you because at the moment you are the one thing standing in the way of my life long dream and this is also the reason why genuine Spurs fans hate us at the moment - only natural but I will say one thing and that is you have played some good football this season and our home game against you even when you were mid table at that point I said to my mates then that you would probably win the title as there was a strength and level in you I hadn't seen in the other so called good teams. I personally think you will overtake us and not because we will bottle is because us losing to WH, Manu and Chelsea is not bottling it but losing against strong teams. Even Everton away this season is was a nerve wracking last 10 minutes when they could have scored a couple.So I wont wish you luck as I don't want you to have it but I just wanted to put right some idiot claiming LC fans on here who are clearing only recent fans which is why they expect us to win something we have never won. I can assure you older genuine LC fans have no thoughts that we will win it and are simply shell shocked week in week out. If Manu has beat you then it would be a different story but your great win has really changed matters and we panic every time you play the same as I presume you think we will just win. Even Swans at home is damn tough as they have hit a real purple patch. Long post but just the one and if you win it you will deserve it. If we win it we will deserve it but any LC fan who is on about us having it in the bag needs to be ******* as that is so thick and pathetic to say when we have a top team below us with 15 points to play for and they are looking unbeatable.

Surely if you win the title you want everyone to respect you won it on merit with the greatest title comeback ever rather than due to a ref sending our top player off and this winning by default. Then again maybe you don't care what the footballing think of you.

If we win the league, then we will have won it on merit believe me.

I refer you back to exhibit A:

GcZw97b.jpg

The only person you should be mad at if Vardys suspension costs you the title is Vardy himself.

Long time lurker. I just had to register to mock the ridiculous post quoted below.

Does anyone really think we can beat United or Chelsea? Or even Stoke.

We've been solid, and hard to beat, not overwhelming the opposition.

We have the best goal difference in the league. We've overwhelmed plenty of teams.

I don't think we are favourites by any means to win against United or Chelsea, and we haven't done so for a lifetime anyway.

A lifetime? 5-3 last season against Chelsea. We did the double over Manure just a couple of years ago. So maybe the lifetime of a house-fly.

No one wins the title on draws. Nothing in the Liverpool match suggested we could beat them or United or Chelsea.

Nonsense.

I say we still should believe. Go into the Lane and be the 12th man, who knows what will happen. All we can do is be as loud and supportive as we can and the rest is up to the lads.

Does anyone really think we can beat United or Chelsea? Or even Stoke.

We've been solid, and hard to beat, not overwhelming the opposition.

I don't think we are favourites by any means to win against United or Chelsea, and we haven't done so for a lifetime anyway.

We have failed all our tests so far. Newcastle, which wasn't even a test, Leicester, West Ham, Woolwich, Liverpool.

No one wins the title on draws. Nothing in the Liverpool match suggested we could beat them or United or Chelsea.

For all the stakes and talk and strength and youth and etc. we have not upped our game and have not looked close to title winners. We just haven't beaten enough teams, especially the better ones, to justify it.

Of course, if Leicester collapse, which seems impossible, and we win the remaining six, then of course we deserve it, as we would have had to do something to up our game. The current performances are nowhere near good enough to win the League.

I don't even know why there'd be pressure on the lads, they're not leading. They have to catch up, so they have to play out of their skins, and they haven't. All well and good to roll over Villa and Bournemouth, which by the way, wasn't convincing considering how easy everyone takes Villa apart.

We'd have to see a remarkable, unbelievable turnaround for United but I don't think they are up for it.
Yeah I agree with you mate, sitting 2nd in the league with the youngest side and having scored the most goals and conceded the least amount of goals proves we have failed all of our tests this year. It is an absolute disgrace. You are absolutely right to pick-up on the games that we haven't taken all three points in as evidence of how incredible poor we have been, I mean in a league where it is so predictable to know where the points come from it is a sackable offence for not winning the league.
If only we could have listened and believed in every word that you said at the beginning of the season, your football wisdom was over looked, your ability to understand the game was under valued and for this i am truly sorry.

Really bugging me that for the next 3 weeks we have to play on a Monday night. How that got passed is criminal. Surely they looked at the schedule and figured it was unprecedented and maybe they should televise us on the Saturday or sundaybfor at least one of those?

First of all - it fucks over a lot of fans who find if hard to travel to the lane on a weekday evening. But especially for the away trips. Or even if it's no problem, some of us like to make a day ( and night) out of it but that's not really possible on a Monday night.
Our club is in a title race and sky have made it more difficult for our fans to see their team play live.

Second. I see it as a disadvantage to the team. If Leicester drop points in any of the coming 3 games we have 1-2 days to stew on that and that only adds to the immense pressure on the players. It also takes the pressure of Leicester to not see the gap decrease between us should we say win a game before they play.

Finally as a tv audience, it takes a lot of the drama away when the two sides battling for the title are playing days apart. Much more entertaining if it's the same day or even the same time in my opinion.

I think that any notion that Leicester are going to fuck it up is wishful thinking on our part...the cunts can do no wrong at the minute, even when they aren't even fucking playing...

Back
Top Bottom