The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[QUOTE post: 976858, member: 1088"]Beat Bournemouth ( not easy but should do ) then the gaps no more than before today and Woolwich are 11 off top still and West Ham would be 11 off us, so virtually home and dry for Champions League.

Then Liverpool have Dortmund days after us and United won't give as much a shit as they should and we are at home in that game, so there is a good chance of keeping that gap in the coming weeks. I've said it before...we need to be in touch with 3 games left. That simple. However, beating Bournemouth tomorrow is first. If we do that and manage to stay close with 3 games left. We will win it. It's staying in touch with 3 games to go that will be / is critical. Leicester have scrapped past a shit Villa and a poor place....they have won fuck all yet and will lose again by the end of the season more than once. I don't care if they are top from now till 17.44 on the final day, as long as we are top by 17.45 and stay there on the final day then alls good :) I will die happy ![/QUOTE]
Thats the positive mental attitude we need. We are still in it, so can win it. We can show our PL title credentials tomorrow.

What ever they are, its pointless. Whats the reverse score line for tomorrow?
It can give you an indicator on how the team performs against those teams. Leicester WILL not get 17 points against those teams again though, I have no doubt. They've pretty much nailed down top spot but we can at least make it exciting

It can give you an indicator on how the team performs against those teams. Leicester WILL not get 17 points against those teams again though, I have no doubt. They've pretty much nailed down top spot but we can at least make it exciting

It doesn't though as teams form can change wildly over a season - look at Leicester last year.....playing them before the last 12 games meant you were pretty much guaranteed 3 points, after that you got 0.

Crap.... Does it work for us...NO. utter nonesence . Every game of every week is played on its individual merits regardless of what happen before. ONE GAME AT A TIME!

Crap.... Does it work for us...NO. utter nonesence . Every game of every week is played on its individual merits regardless of what happen before. ONE GAME AT A TIME!
If we were going to base it off of reverse fixtures. We would win 2 more games this season. Tomorrow and then Southampton. Every other game we have we either lost or drew the reverse fixture.

Wooooos fellas! Im a big fan of youf find forum. I noticed that you are keen scholars of probability, and I just wanted to contribute to your thesis.
Now we had some rotten luck against nawf laaandans biggest club! Had we not been shafted by another ref, we'd have been mine points clear........

Mate I've seen us play you in both league games and the cup and you might have got unlucky against the cunts from south of the river but you got it all back from the luck you've had against us. I think we are a much better footballing team than you... keep looking over your shoulder.

If we were going to base it off of reverse fixtures. We would win 2 more games this season. Tomorrow and then Southampton. Every other game we have we either lost or drew the reverse fixture.

Our ppg is much better in our last 10 to our first 10. We've improved a lot - the teams we have left? Not so much. So much can happen.

Leicesters results in the reverse fixtures against those clubs remaining:

Southampton - 2-2 draw
Sunderland - 4-2 win
West Ham - 2-1 win
Swansea - 3-0 win
Man Utd - 1-1 draw
Everton - 3-2 win
Chelsea - 2-1 win

That'd almost certainly win them the league.

Why are people still arguing and hoping?

They've 99% won it. For us to win, we'd need them to lose at least 3-4 games, as we're likely to drop points too.

We lost it at West Ham and gave away any glimpse at Woolwich.

They've 99% won it. For us to win, we'd need them to lose at least 3-4 games, as we're likely to drop points too.

You've answered your own question really. If they've 99% won it, then there's still something to argue & hope for. Fwiw, we need to win 3 games (starting tomorrow) & for them to draw 2 of their corresponding fixtures. That puts us level on points. If we can close the gap to 3 points in the next 2-3 weeks their arses will go & we will snatch it.

I say we still should believe. Go into the Lane and be the 12th man, who knows what will happen. All we can do is be as loud and supportive as we can and the rest is up to the lads.

Overly pessimistic. They're favourites, but it's not close to 99%.

We're perfectly capable of winning all our games. It's perfectly possible that Huth/Vardy/Mahrez/Morgan could get injured next match.

One match at a time, and dare to dream.

Leicester - 10 points - 76 points total

Southampton - D
Sunderland - D
West Ham - L
Swansea - W
Man Utd - D
Everton - W
Chelsea - D

Spurs - 19 points - 77 points(15/16 Champions)

Bournemouth - W
Liverpool - L
Man Utd - W
Stoke - W
WBA - W
Chelsea - D
Southampton - W
Newcastle - W

:coys:

"Make it exciting? ......Exciting, with this predictive non mathematical nonsense, shite? Watching us win today is exciting, waiting for the PL to unfold week by week is exciting.

This sums it up for me - total nonsense - and I'm the moron who dismisses this shite?.

You are a strange one?

So a 5 point gap with 21 to play for is 99%? Fuck off you clueless cunt.
Couldn't agree more -

Leicester - 10 points - 76 points total

Southampton - D
Sunderland - D
West Ham - L
Swansea - W
Man Utd - D
Everton - W
Chelsea - D

Spurs - 19 points - 77 points(15/16 Champions)

Bournemouth - W
Liverpool - L
Man Utd - W
Stoke - W
WBA - W
Chelsea - D
Southampton - W
Newcastle - W

:coys:

Don't you start with all this predicting nonsense .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom