The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a bit sad to see a park the bus and counter attack team win the league. Now other bad teams will see that it can be done and in a couple of years time all lower half teams will have adapted that strategy. The league will become so boring to watch that people start cancelling their expensive TV subscriptions. The money will stop flooding in and after a few years the EPL will be a shit league up in the west corner of Europe that nobody cares about.

That's why Tottenham needs to win.
Chelsea have been doing this shit for years....John Terry also puts any shit that Leicester players have got up to firmly in the shade...

Biggest worry is I doubt the scum will drop much more than 2-3 points in their remaining games, and they have an extra one. They always finish like a train when they are all but mathematically out of the running. We MUST take points to stay ahead of them. If the worst happens and we don't then, regardless of how we felt in August about our potential, finishing potless and behind them will be absolutely heartbreaking.

I fear we needed a much bigger buffer from Woolwich when u look at their easy run in compared to our hard 1.
But fingers cross we can stay ahead of them.

I think I predicted 5th or 6th in August , I really didn't think we had a squad to compete for top 4 . What Poch has built in this team & how the new ones have mostly slot in seamlessly has been nothing short of superb.

It's been a great season

Does anyone really think we can beat United or Chelsea? Or even Stoke.

We've been solid, and hard to beat, not overwhelming the opposition.

I don't think we are favourites by any means to win against United or Chelsea, and we haven't done so for a lifetime anyway.

We have failed all our tests so far. Newcastle, which wasn't even a test, Leicester, West Ham, Woolwich, Liverpool.

No one wins the title on draws. Nothing in the Liverpool match suggested we could beat them or United or Chelsea.

For all the stakes and talk and strength and youth and etc. we have not upped our game and have not looked close to title winners. We just haven't beaten enough teams, especially the better ones, to justify it.

Of course, if Leicester collapse, which seems impossible, and we win the remaining six, then of course we deserve it, as we would have had to do something to up our game. The current performances are nowhere near good enough to win the League.

I don't even know why there'd be pressure on the lads, they're not leading. They have to catch up, so they have to play out of their skins, and they haven't. All well and good to roll over Villa and Bournemouth, which by the way, wasn't convincing considering how easy everyone takes Villa apart.

We'd have to see a remarkable, unbelievable turnaround for United but I don't think they are up for it.

Long time lurker. I just had to register to mock the ridiculous post quoted below.

We have the best goal difference in the league. We've overwhelmed plenty of teams.

I don't think we are favourites by any means to win against United or Chelsea, and we haven't done so for a lifetime anyway.

A lifetime? 5-3 last season against Chelsea. We did the double over Manure just a couple of years ago. So maybe the lifetime of a house-fly.

No one wins the title on draws. Nothing in the Liverpool match suggested we could beat them or United or Chelsea.

Nonsense.

We have failed all our tests so far. Newcastle, which wasn't even a test, Leicester, West Ham, Woolwich, Liverpool.

For all the stakes and talk and strength and youth and etc. we have not upped our game and have not looked close to title winners. We just haven't beaten enough teams, especially the better ones, to justify it.

Of course, if Leicester collapse, which seems impossible, and we win the remaining six, then of course we deserve it, as we would have had to do something to up our game. The current performances are nowhere near good enough to win the League.

I don't even know why there'd be pressure on the lads, they're not leading. They have to catch up, so they have to play out of their skins, and they haven't. All well and good to roll over Villa and Bournemouth, which by the way, wasn't convincing considering how easy everyone takes Villa apart.

We'd have to see a remarkable, unbelievable turnaround for United but I don't think they are up for it.
Yeah I agree with you mate, sitting 2nd in the league with the youngest side and having scored the most goals and conceded the least amount of goals proves we have failed all of our tests this year. It is an absolute disgrace. You are absolutely right to pick-up on the games that we haven't taken all three points in as evidence of how incredible poor we have been, I mean in a league where it is so predictable to know where the points come from it is a sackable offence for not winning the league.
If only we could have listened and believed in every word that you said at the beginning of the season, your football wisdom was over looked, your ability to understand the game was under valued and for this i am truly sorry.

Biggest worry is I doubt the scum will drop much more than 2-3 points in their remaining games, and they have an extra one. They always finish like a train when they are all but mathematically out of the running. We MUST take points to stay ahead of them. If the worst happens and we don't then, regardless of how we felt in August about our potential, finishing potless and behind them will be absolutely heartbreaking.

TBF we can't wish for Leicester to drop points to let us back in and then expect Woolwich to also drop points.......if an opportunity to win it presents itself then we have to do our bit.

Twat

So....Man City away wasn't a test?

I still think that if we can keep the gap to 6 points by the final 3 games we will do it.

I agree but each game where you think or maybe that's hope they might get a draw or even lose they just seem to find a way. It is staggering and were it not us in hot pursuit I would be fulsome in my praise.

We need 6 points or more from our next 3 games. They need to get no more than 4. We have to still be in it with 3 games to go and then who knows. The problem could still be that other lot.

Beat United, a hard but not harder game than the Liverpool one and I think that's top 4 secured. Then who knows. Our goal difference for once is a friend and not an enemy.

We need the swordsman to flash his blade next weekend.

Last edited:
I despair sometimes. Before the international break, a lot of you were saying we would definitely win the league. A draw away to Liverpool and a home win for Leicester later and we’re now not going to win the league.

As much as I’m desperate for us to be crowned champs, I never felt it was going to happen after the draw to Woolwich. Leicester have a decent points buffer and an easier run-in. My main concern was and still is the Woolwich creeping up on us. The table does not lie and we will finish where we deserve to be but it’s been a helluva a season. Spurs will be stronger next campaign too. Everyone else should be worried.

This is hilarious.

The positive thing is next season is we will no longer have that EBOLA called the Europa league eating away at our league form. Can we close the gap? doubt it but we can only give up when it's MATHEMATICALLY impossible to chase them. Leicester have opened up a 7 point gap.Our hopes lie on West Ham, Manu, Everton and chelsea ( 2 being away and 2 at home).If we can't beat Manu at home this weekend we do NOT deserve to be in this title race.

I also think we need to be more tactically agile. Leicester can grind out ugly 1-0 wins and they are ruthlessly compact when they defend, why can't we do the same?.I'd love to see us experiment with Jan, Vert and Wim at some point

I also think we need to be more tactically agile. Leicester can grind out ugly 1-0 wins and they are ruthlessly compact when they defend, why can't we do the same?.I'd love to see us experiment with Jan, Vert and Wim at some point
We have a better defence than Leicester though. We also went 3 at the back against Watford, that said we play most of the time with 3 at the back during a game with our fullbacks pushing up high and Dier dropping between CB's.

LCFC are Owned by Thai billionaire "Business man" and are supposed already the biggest supported club in Thailand.....so sadly this is not the modern Clough dream. The LCFC story is another round of Chavs/Arabs, but of course Far East money. Like the Bournemouth myth ( owned by a hugely wealthy Russian ) this is nothing to do with a plucky little team beating the big boys. This is a club with major financial muscle mixing it with equally rich clubs.
Agree but with a team of average PL players, that have shown true spirit, putting two fingers up to whoever doubted them.
They will go on to achieve something very special, only they can lose it now. Clough did it with Derby as well, no one will ever achieve this. ?

Back
Top Bottom