The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can hear the excitement in your words, you are expecting to lift the PL title and do not expect to fail.

"But if we do slip up I'd find it far easier to swallow if Spurs won it than pretty much any of the others, and most Leicester fans I know feel the same". Sorry- easy to say when you are unlikely to slip up.

No outcome will be acceptable for either supporters unless their team win?

I'm certainly excited at the prospect of winning it. But I've been watching football too long to expect it. When the PL started, a client of mine, a West Ham fan, asked me "how do you feel about the fact that neither of our clubs can EVER win the league now?" And we both accepted that this was the reality. So to be on the cusp of doing it has a dream-like feel to it, like it can't actually be happening. Despite the fact that the odds are in our favour I know that it could swing back the other way. Remember - we've NEVER won the league, NEVER won the FA Cup. You seem convinced that I came on here to gloat; that this is the only possible scenario you can entertain says more about you than me.
Whatever the outcome, we'll both have to accept it. No other option. I'll probably hate spurs with a passion for a while if you take this away. But it doesn't mean that anything I've said about your club isn't true, and I suppose the prospect of CL - an absolute pipe-dream 9 months ago - will be a big consolation.

Chelsea will be very much uppurposely match, regardless of how much the points won't really help them.
They'll do whatever they can to stop us winning the league, and can act as kingmakers if they beat us and lie down for Leicester.

And you can bet they'll lie down for Leicester - fuck me, we had a low life Chelsea troll saying they'll do as much in the other matches thread.
The supporters and players couldnt be further apart in what they believe. I honestly dont belive the players would purposely lose.

I'm certainly excited at the prospect of winning it. But I've been watching football too long to expect it. When the PL started, a client of mine, a West Ham fan, asked me "how do you feel about the fact that neither of our clubs can EVER win the league now?" And we both accepted that this was the reality. So to be on the cusp of doing it has a dream-like feel to it, like it can't actually be happening. Despite the fact that the odds are in our favour I know that it could swing back the other way. Remember - we've NEVER won the league, NEVER won the FA Cup. You seem convinced that I came on here to gloat; that this is the only possible scenario you can entertain says more about you than me.
Whatever the outcome, we'll both have to accept it. No other option. I'll probably hate spurs with a passion for a while if you take this away. But it doesn't mean that anything I've said about your club isn't true, and I suppose the prospect of CL - an absolute pipe-dream 9 months ago - will be a big consolation.

You didn't come on here to gloat - that much is obvious. Unfortunately that puts you in a small minority. Just look at Roy Ibbo 's posts (and there are many others). Why Leicester fans are signing up to gloat when you've won nothing yet is annoying and premature.

I'm certainly excited at the prosdifferant inning it. But I've been watching football too long to expect it. When the PL started, a client of mine, a West Ham fan, asked me "how do you feel about the fact that neither of our clubs can EVER win the league now?" And we both accepted that this was the reality. So to be on the cusp of doing it has a dream-like feel to it, like it can't actually be happening. Despite the fact that the odds are in our favour I know that it could swing back the other way. Remember - we've NEVER won the league, NEVER won the FA Cup. You seem convinced that I came on here to gloat; that this is the only possible scenario you can entertain says more about you than me.
"If we take it sway" . You expect to win the PL. You wouldnt bother being on here if the situation was differant. Its gloating whatever way you paint it? You come over as a passionate supporter which clearly dfines your motive, there is no other reason to be on here. I couldnt go on a LC forum and be all buddy.What is says about me is, I detest this sort of thing.

I am a die hard LCFC fan. Home and away every season for nearly 40 years (yes I am old..). Just wanted to put a genuine LCFC fan perspective here and you can ignore it, spit it back or accept it. First I apologise for the glory buy idiots claiming to be LC fans and saying we have or will win the league. We have 72 points which is fantastic but that will not win the league. Even though this is the thing of dreams for me to be in the top 4 it is also sad as most current LC fans have only been here since we got promoted. We gained 10,000 last season as soon as we went up and I prefer the old days of 20,000 genuine home fans and 1500 genuine away fans. I personally want to smack every person whether LC or not who say we have won it as we have 5 damn hard games coming up and in each of the last 5 wins we could have easily lost them. Whereas, I hate to say it but you guys and outplaying teams and I can honestly see you winning every game left - which puts us in one heck of a situation. I suppose most Spurs fans just see the LC results and think we can't stop winning but being at the games it is a different matter. You ask why we come to your forum and in my case it is intrigue to see what fans of a big club like yours thinks of us as remember we have never had this much press in our history whereas you have in your glory days. our previous glory was 4th in 1963 and a couple of league cups under the great Martin O'neil. Yes both Spurs and LC have idiot fans and some decent ones. I will not lie and say I like you because at the moment you are the one thing standing in the way of my life long dream and this is also the reason why genuine Spurs fans hate us at the moment - only natural but I will say one thing and that is you have played some good football this season and our home game against you even when you were mid table at that point I said to my mates then that you would probably win the title as there was a strength and level in you I hadn't seen in the other so called good teams. I personally think you will overtake us and not because we will bottle is because us losing to WH, Manu and Chelsea is not bottling it but losing against strong teams. Even Everton away this season is was a nerve wracking last 10 minutes when they could have scored a couple.So I wont wish you luck as I don't want you to have it but I just wanted to put right some idiot claiming LC fans on here who are clearing only recent fans which is why they expect us to win something we have never won. I can assure you older genuine LC fans have no thoughts that we will win it and are simply shell shocked week in week out. If Manu has beat you then it would be a different story but your great win has really changed matters and we panic every time you play the same as I presume you think we will just win. Even Swans at home is damn tough as they have hit a real purple patch. Long post but just the one and if you win it you will deserve it. If we win it we will deserve it but any LC fan who is on about us having it in the bag needs to be ******* as that is so thick and pathetic to say when we have a top team below us with 15 points to play for and they are looking unbeatable.

I am a die hard LCFC fan. Home and away every season for nearly 40 years (yes I am old..). Just wanted to put a genuine LCFC fan perspective here and you can ignore it, spit it back or accept it. First I apologise for the glory buy idiots claiming to be LC fans and saying we have or will win the league. We have 72 points which is fantastic but that will not win the league. Even though this is the thing of dreams for me to be in the top 4 it is also sad as most current LC fans have only been here since we got promoted. We gained 10,000 last season as soon as we went up and I prefer the old days of 20,000 genuine home fans and 1500 genuine away fans. I personally want to smack every person whether LC or not who say we have won it as we have 5 damn hard games coming up and in each of the last 5 wins we could have easily lost them. Whereas, I hate to say it but you guys and outplaying teams and I can honestly see you winning every game left - which puts us in one heck of a situation. I suppose most Spurs fans just see the LC results and think we can't stop winning but being at the games it is a different matter. You ask why we come to your forum and in my case it is intrigue to see what fans of a big club like yours thinks of us as remember we have never had this much press in our history whereas you have in your glory days. our previous glory was 4th in 1963 and a couple of league cups under the great Martin O'neil. Yes both Spurs and LC have idiot fans and some decent ones. I will not lie and say I like you because at the moment you are the one thing standing in the way of my life long dream and this is also the reason why genuine Spurs fans hate us at the moment - only natural but I will say one thing and that is you have played some good football this season and our home game against you even when you were mid table at that point I said to my mates then that you would probably win the title as there was a strength and level in you I hadn't seen in the other so called good teams. I personally think you will overtake us and not because we will bottle is because us losing to WH, Manu and Chelsea is not bottling it but losing against strong teams. Even Everton away this season is was a nerve wracking last 10 minutes when they could have scored a couple.So I wont wish you luck as I don't want you to have it but I just wanted to put right some idiot claiming LC fans on here who are clearing only recent fans which is why they expect us to win something we have never won. I can assure you older genuine LC fans have no thoughts that we will win it and are simply shell shocked week in week out. If Manu has beat you then it would be a different story but your great win has really changed matters and we panic every time you play the same as I presume you think we will just win. Even Swans at home is damn tough as they have hit a real purple patch. Long post but just the one and if you win it you will deserve it. If we win it we will deserve it but any LC fan who is on about us having it in the bag needs to be ******* as that is so thick and pathetic to say when we have a top team below us with 15 points to play for and they are looking unbeatable.

Good post. Suggest use of paragraphs as I now have a headache. :allitongue:

I believe!
:dier:

8ftqimO.jpg

Close the gap to 4 this week (which is effectively 3) and there's no excuse for not believing. It's that simple. We are the better team and have every right to think we can close down the remaining 4 points if that's where we sit come Tuesday morning.

You seem to be accepting second now?
How would you feel if it comes down to the last minute of the last match, Townsend equalises and we lose out and come second then?

Until that's the situation we're in I don't have an opinion on that one way or another. It's an interesting theory, but I just don't see Leicester dropping enough points sadly.

Of course losing the title in that manner would hurt, but I've had taken 5th at the start of the season, I'm not about to cry if we finish 3 places higher than that even if it is the last day.

Until that's the situation we're in I don't have an opinion on that one way or another. It's an interesting theory, but I just don't see Leicester dropping enough points sadly.

Of course losing the title in that manner would hurt, but I've had taken 5th at the start of the season, I'm not about to cry if we finish 3 places higher than that even if it is the last day.
I tend to agree. Im accepting the situation as it is , anything other will be a bonus. Lets see what hsppens next?

I tend to agree. Im accepting the situation as it is , anything other will be a bonus. Lets see what hsppens next?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be devastated if it was in our hands, but right now I don't think it is. All we can do is win as many games as we can and hope that after Jamie vardies "we don't slip speech" that he blasts the ball into the post from three yards out and puts himself into a coma for the last three games where we inevitably win the title.

Great post

Lcfc are red hot favourites and if you win I will be deeply disappointed but you won't get complaints from me. Whoever wins it deserves it.

Very excited about our side at the moment. COYS

Don't get me wrong, I'd be devastated if it was in our hands, but right now I don't think it is. All we can do is win as many games as we can and hope that after Jamie vardies "we don't slip speech" that he blasts the ball into the post from three yards out and puts himself into a coma for the last three games where we inevitably win the title.
Vardy in a coma sound like a song from the Smyths.

Dear Spurs fans, I am LC supporter and we are odds on favourites to win the PL (if you don't already know). We have a 7 point cushion and just need to win 3 from our 5 games remaining. We have only lost 3 games all season so it is inevitable that we will be champions. We are above you so look down on you and the feeling is nice and smug. You look up at us and this must make you envious. If you were to over turn the 7 points , you wouldn't see me for dust because there would be no reason for me to be on here?

Kind regards

LC supporter xxxxxxxx

Back
Top Bottom