The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You sound very bitter my friend.....
Nobody's bitter-yet.

It's all banter. Like your fans chanting "are you watching Tottenham" when 1-0 up.

It's still your title to lose though, my friend. Let's not forget that.

And if you do blow it, it would be a pretty spectacular collapse from your lot after the run you've had since Christmas 2014.

How are you going to cope without Vardy for one game, possibly more if Agent Moss does the right thing?

It's the biggest test of your mettle so far.

Do you reckon you have the fight & the balls to carry it off? Or are you going to bottle it?

All good banter.

Mauricio Pochettino: Players will deserve statues if Tottenham win title

Spurs manager says overhauling Leicester would be monumental achievement
• Pochettino eager to overcome longstanding Stoke hoodoo

5472.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino has failed to mastermind a win over Stoke since arriving in England, a record he will be looking to change when his Spurs side travel to the Britannia Stadium.
Mauricio Pochettino says that his Tottenham Hotspur players ought to have statues made of them if they overhaul Leicester City and win the Premier League title. The manager enjoyed a boost on Sunday, when Leicester could only draw 2-2 at home to West Ham United, meaning that his team could cut the gap at the top of the table to five points with victory at Stoke City on Monday night.

In almost any other season, Tottenham might be able to count on a measure of popular support in their role as surprise championship challengers, particularly as there has been so much to like about their football and many of the club’s individual storylines. But this is not any other season.

Neutral fans in England and around the world are willing Leicester – who were 5,000-1 shots in pre-season – to one of the greatest upsets in football history and Spurs find themselves cast, in some quarters, as the potential wreckers of the fairytale. Pochettino, unsurprisingly, is having none of that.

“If we won the championship, I think that every player would deserve a statue,” Pochettino said. “The challenge is big because the gap is big but to keep fighting in the way that we have fought and, in the end, win the title – all the people would recognise our value. And we would be happy, too. We cannot fight against all that happens around Leicester. We need to fight against them, and against us and our opponents, and it’s a very good challenge. We know that all the people want Leicester to be champions but we need to believe that we can change the story.”

Pochettino watched Leicester’s dramatic draw with West Ham after training on Sunday but he is consumed by what he can influence – continuing with the visit to Stoke. They have been a bogey team for Pochettino, who has failed to beat them on six occasions, with his former club, Southampton, and now Tottenham.

His two matches against them at White Hart Lane have been particularly frustrating. Last season, Stoke won 2-1 and, at the beginning of this one, they came back from 2-0 down late on to force a 2-2 draw. The game at the Britannia Stadium at the end of last season finished in a 3-0 Stoke win.

“It’s true, they have been very frustrating moments for us,” Pochettino said. “But in football, you always look for another opportunity to win or to fix that and we have, in front of us, a very good opportunity to try to win and fight for big things. That is to be in the race for the title. It’s like with Manchester United. We hadn’t beaten them at home for 15 years but we did it last Sunday. Maybe, I change the history against Stoke.”

Pochettino has been keen to stress football’s unpredictability, and no doubt Spurs would have taken heart from Leicester’s result against West Ham. “In football, anything can happen,” Pochettino said. “One thing can change things. We are in love with football because it is not predictable. I am a very positive person and I always believe that good things can happen.”

Agreed.

Swansea aren't the greatest team but Vardy gives Leicester such a different dimension and Ulloa and Okazaki don't give them that pace and running the channel ability that Vardy brings. Williams and Co can hopefully stay resolute and Sigurdsson can get a goal. I mean Swansea may have been torn apart by Newcastle but they also beat Woolwich and last week they beat Chelsea.

The other great thing about this game is that other teams that Leicester have to play have had a great lesson today in how to win points against Leicester at this stage of the season. Make it a physical game, wind the Leicester players up because they are under pressure and might lose their rag.

Huth is a dirty cunt. A corner is a direct free kick. Where else on the pitch can you get away with mauling, and grappling before a free kick is taken? Any contact before a corner is taken should be an automatic pen, or a free kick for the team defending.

It's all bollocks, and rewards cheating.

Nobody's bitter-yet.

It's all banter. Like your fans chanting "are you watching Tottenham" when 1-0 up.

It's still your title to lose though, my friend. Let's not forget that.

And if you do blow it, it would be a pretty spectacular collapse from your lot after the run you've had since Christmas 2014.

How are you going to cope without Vardy for one game, possibly more if Agent Moss does the right thing?

It's the biggest test of your mettle so far.

Do you reckon you have the fight & the balls to carry it off? Or are you going to bottle it?

All good banter.
I accept your banter as it is genuine banter. In answer to your question I have always believed you will win the title. Just have this feeling as you appear too good at the moment. For us to drop points on our run in is not bottling it as anyone can drop points against WH (you did..) and you didn't bottle it. We may lose it in the end for lack of strength in depth i.e. losing Vardy for at least a game is a disaster for us due to not having anyone to replace him. This is where our luck of lack of injuries has helped us but losing a key player now is very bad for us.

Personally I feel we will struggle to beat Swansea next week and for me it is down to what you do tomorrow. My prediction is if you lose at Stoke then we will win the league, If you draw then it is 50/50 and if you win then the title is yours as by the time we play Utd away it could be 1 point and then you overtake us.

A team like us finishing in the top 3 in the premier can't be bottling it.

Like I have always said if you end up winning it then you fully deserve it.

Huth is a dirty cunt. A corner is a direct free kick. Where else on the pitch can you get away with mauling, and grappling before a free kick is taken? Any contact before a corner is taken should be an automatic pen, or a free kick for the team defending.

It's all bollocks, and rewards cheating.

Too true. It's gotten where anything short of punching an opponent is okay to do with your hands and arms, and the trouble is because the refs (and FA/PL) have let it get this far, when a pen is finally given, it's hugely controversial despite being a clear foul, since it means there really should have been about 10 more pens in the same match.

How the worm has turned. I guessed as much. Alll Mr nice guy untill it falls apart.

just saying how it is. Not bitter at all. Just hate cheats.
I am nice to decent Spurs fans and I have said all along that both clubs have twat fans and you just happen to be one from Spurs.... I am here to chat to genuine Spurs fans and not super intellectuals like you. You are just too clever for me so I will graciously accept defeat in your presence my friend. I look forward to your reply containing all the profanity words you know. I am guessing at about 6 or 7......

I accept your banter as it is genuine banter. In answer to your question I have always believed you will win the title. Just have this feeling as you appear too good at the moment. For us to drop points on our run in is not bottling it as anyone can drop points against WH (you did..) and you didn't bottle it. We may lose it in the end for lack of strength in depth i.e. losing Vardy for at least a game is a disaster for us due to not having anyone to replace him. This is where our luck of lack of injuries has helped us but losing a key player now is very bad for us.

Personally I feel we will struggle to beat Swansea next week and for me it is down to what you do tomorrow. My prediction is if you lose at Stoke then we will win the league, If you draw then it is 50/50 and if you win then the title is yours as by the time we play Utd away it could be 1 point and then you overtake us.

A team like us finishing in the top 3 in the premier can't be bottling it.

Like I have always said if you end up winning it then you fully deserve it.

It's the law of diminishing returns being on another team's forum - especially when that team is chasing you for the title, it's just not going to go well. Look at foxytalk - they hate us to a man. We don't give a fuck, we're trying to wind them up, but creating accounts on there and trying to be sensible just doesn't work. They've made their minds up about us - we're all deluded, entitled, cockney cunts. It's them, not us, that make any Leicester fan's experience on here a bit checkered.

Please educate me on the use and purpose of an ellipsis consisting of five full stops, and I may not need to.
You win this one. Too clever for me. Perhaps try to lose some of that hatred though my friend. Do you truly hate someone just for being born in a different city to you? I understand the tension at the game and the passion is great but to carry it out of the ground is a little like these teenyboppers scrapping over facebook etc.
It's the law of diminishing returns being on another team's forum - especially when that team is chasing you for the title, it's just not going to go well. Look at foxytalk - they hate us to a man. We don't give a fuck, we're trying to wind them up, but creating accounts on there and trying to be sensible just doesn't work. They've made their minds up about us - we're all deluded, entitled, cockney cunts. It's them, not us, that make any Leicester fan's experience on here a bit checkered.
I couldn't agree more and I hate that forum more than you do - in serious. That's why the first thing I said on here was I hate the LC twats who are not genuine fans. Basically I like all fans from any club who are decent and I hate all idiot fans. We have more than our fair share as I am sure you do. I didn't come on here for piss taking or nonsense like that. I literally looked on it the other week to see what your perspective of the title race was.

I also naively thought I could talk genuine football with some of you about the title chase and I am happy to say some like you have been decent.

I am honest and I believe you will win the title over us. I also believe if you do then you will deserve it as winning the league goes to the best team. The league is judged on points and not how many nut megs or step overs or shots on target etc but on points. Chelsea were the best team last season, not the most exciting but the best. Seeing you play in the flesh home and away I have not seen a stronger and better side. Southampton were also good in my opinion but that had that poor patch earlier in the season.

Tomorrow is a massive night for Spurs and LC fans the same as today was massive for you Spurs and LC.

Interested to know (banter aside) what you think will actually happen i.e who the top 4 will be and in what order. I predict Spurs, LCFC, Man City, Woolwich in that order.

You win this one. Too clever for me. Perhaps try to lose some of that hatred though my friend. Do you truly hate someone just for being born in a different city to you? I understand the tension at the game and the passion is great but to carry it out of the ground is a little like these teenyboppers scrapping over facebook etc.

I couldn't agree more and I hate that forum more than you do - in serious. That's why the first thing I said on here was I hate the LC twats who are not genuine fans. Basically I like all fans from any club who are decent and I hate all idiot fans. We have more than our fair share as I am sure you do. I didn't come on here for piss taking or nonsense like that. I literally looked on it the other week to see what your perspective of the title race was.

I also naively thought I could talk genuine football with some of you about the title chase and I am happy to say some like you have been decent.

I am honest and I believe you will win the title over us. I also believe if you do then you will deserve it as winning the league goes to the best team. The league is judged on points and not how many nut megs or step overs or shots on target etc but on points. Chelsea were the best team last season, not the most exciting but the best. Seeing you play in the flesh home and away I have not seen a stronger and better side. Southampton were also good in my opinion but that had that poor patch earlier in the season.

Tomorrow is a massive night for Spurs and LC fans the same as today was massive for you Spurs and LC.

Interested to know (banter aside) what you think will actually happen i.e who the top 4 will be and in what order. I predict Spurs, LCFC, Man City, Woolwich in that order.

Well I don't know why you think we'll win it. You're still massive favourites. What I will say is that, for once, we are well equipped to push you all the way. The self belief in our team is massive and could well overwhelm our remaining opponents - this is not the flaky Spurs of old.

As to your top 4 prediction, I hope you're right, and I agree with 3rd and 4th, but you need 2 wins and 2 draws - we need five wins. I don't think you'll get anything at Utd, but you might not have to. You'll have to fall apart to lose it.

You have probably noticed Mr S Pippo doesn't like Leicester ;). You will almost certainly win the league but we will fight till the very end. We are going on hope but why not? It has been an amazing season why give in now? You said Foxes Talk is rubbish but I still don't understand why they hate that we want to win it. No bother though we have spoken about them too much. It is just too easy to wind them up. At the end of the season we will declare a truce.

I am nice to decent Spurs fans and I have said all along that both clubs have twat fans and you just happen to be one from Spurs.... I am here to chat to genuine Spurs fans and not super intellectuals like you. You are just too clever for me so I will graciously accept defeat in your presence my friend. I look forward to your reply containing all the profanity words you know. I am guessing at about 6 or 7......
At least your reaction shows you care about LC with some passion, I wouldn't expect anything less from someone that deeply supports the club.

Smug when your winning, angry when your losing. Your no different than the rest of us so get off your moral platform.

Last edited:
You have probably noticed Mr S Pippo doesn't like Leicester ;). You will almost certainly win the league but we will fight till the very end. We are going on hope but why not? It has been an amazing season why give in now? You said Foxes Talk is rubbish but I still don't understand why they hate that we want to win it. No bother though we have spoken about them too much. It is just too easy to wind them up. At the end of the season we will declare a truce.
Thats football? I dislike every team that effects us. Some more than othrs.COYS!

Last edited:
I am nice to decent Spurs fans and I have said all along that both clubs surprisenlywat fans and you just happen to be one from Spurs.... I am here to chat to genuine Spurs fans and not super intellectuals like you. You are just too clever for me so I will graciously accept defeat in your presence my friend. I look forward to your reply containing all the profanity words you know. I am guessing at about 6 or 7......
I am a twat fan, thank you for that insight. This said from you,, a LC supporter on a THFC forum?
Being all nice when it suits then aggressive when it falls apart?
Wanting 'banter' but dosnt like whats being said?
Gets personal, using the, 'twat' word and accuses others of being thick?
You need to really look at oneself and ask, who is the fool here?

Why dont you go on the Woolwich forum and banter with them, they'll be more to your liking. Well at least to your level of integrity.

Back
Top Bottom