The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes - or maybe to try to keep it to just one (unlikely).

Is there a precedent for players swearing at the ref and getting sent off? Seems crazy if not.

Thinking about it - if it happens on the field of play, it's normally treated as dissent (if it's treated as anything) - which is a yellow. I suppose if it was really serious (and I don't know if JV's outburst would be classed as that or not, given the amount of swearing that goes on generally) I suppose it's a straight red.
As this happened after he'd already been sent off, I suppose they'll have to judge it on those terms. ie, dissent, yellow, no ban - straight red - ban.

This making any sense?

Yes of course there's a precedent. Loads of players have been sent off for swearing, one for swearing at his own fans. Below is a list of what can get you a straight red. Vardy has definitely fallen foul of the 6th in the list - twice. Gestures and language.

BBC SPORT | Football | Laws & Equipment | When is a card red or yellow?

The pressure is getting to Leicester, I can taste it.

We are standing right behind them waiting for them to drop the soap... and they know it.

Let's bum them.
Soap+prison+rape_176fe5_4439762.gif

I guess - I'm not sure that they'd be considering things that players haven't been in effect caught for, as opposed to those that they have (number of yellows, reds, charges etc).

Strictly speaking you are absolutely right, previous offences that did not result in charges are not relevant. However, people are people, and they will know his record, what he has done and got away with, the fact he is racist etc. and that isn't going to help him. Whether it is kept in any of their minds or truly discarded, no one can ever say, but he'd clearly be in a better situation if he wasnt a known cunt.

Yes of course there's a precedent. Loads of players have been sent off for swearing, one for swearing at his own fans. Below is a list of what can get you a straight red. Vardy has definitely fallen foul of the 6th in the list - twice. Gestures and language.

BBC SPORT | Football | Laws & Equipment | When is a card red or yellow?

Looking at it that way, he should be given the equivalent of a straight red for what he did (not the dive, but the reaction afterwards) which is a three game ban, right? So 3 plus the one for the second yellow, is 4 games in total. He could, conceivably, miss the rest of the season. :allitongue:

The atmosphere was subdued because all the happy clappers were damp?
Are we listening to Lawrenson now-I hope he has it spot on? He is probably right but I feel LC will get the 3 points and so should we. The following week will be crucial week.
Thanks for the support for the Swansea game. I knew you were a decent chap, just dealing with
No one needs too?....Prize twat!

You really are helping to kill time?

If humour be the food of love, then your not getting it?

th
If I throw a stick, will you leave?

You are the Leicester fan on a Spurs forum, mate. I don't think it's the Spurs fan who will be leaving. Look, no problem with decent discussions, but cut out the thrash talk.

You are the Leicester fan on a Spurs forum, mate. I don't think it's the Spurs fan who will be leaving. Look, no problem with decent discussions, but cut out the thrash talk.
I agree completely and if you read all the sarcastic replies you will see they are always in reply to insults and swearing being aimed at me. I have not insulted one person on here except that silly person and only want decent discussions but you have an issue with the Mrs person constantly swearing at me. I have already asked him to stop commenting on my posts as he only insults and is ruining what should be great honest banter and discussion between us.

I have mailed the moderators to ask them to intervene as irrespective of who we support we should not be subjected to such pathetic behaviour.

On a football note what did you think to WBA tonight. I think you will beat them although I am sure Pulis will not want to lose 2 on the bounce and will park the bus at your place Sunday.

With Vardy out for at least 2 games are you confident in catching us now?

I agree completely and if you read all the sarcastic replies you will see they are always in reply to insults and swearing being aimed at me. I have not insulted one person on here except that silly person and only want decent discussions but you have an issue with the Mrs person constantly swearing at me. I have already asked him to stop commenting on my posts as he only insults and is ruining what should be great honest banter and discussion between us.

I have mailed the moderators to ask them to intervene as irrespective of who we support we should not be subjected to such pathetic behaviour.

On a football note what did you think to WBA tonight. I think you will beat them although I am sure Pulis will not want to lose 2 on the bounce and will park the bus at your place Sunday.

If you only want Spurs fans on here and no genuine input or debate with your title challengers then please tell me and I will leave. Naturally that Mrs will butt in here but I will ignore him from now on as he only wants a reaction and really hates being ignored. If you tell me to leave (as it is clear you are decent) then I confirm I will leave the forum.

Pulis comment of course relates to Monday and not Sunday.

Strictly speaking you are absolutely right, previous offences that did not result in charges are not relevant. However, people are people, and they will know his record, what he has done and got away with, the fact he is racist etc. and that isn't going to help him. Whether it is kept in any of their minds or truly discarded, no one can ever say, but he'd clearly be in a better situation if he wasnt a known cunt.
Would you honestly hate Vardy so much if we were not top of the league i.e. if we were a WBA or Swansea this season? Naturally as rivals fans we have a hate towards opposition players. However, as much as I wish Kane would pull a hamstring for 4 games I still acknowledge what a brilliant striker he has become. Rooney on the other hand I have never rated.

I am sure Pulis will not want to lose 2 on the bounce and will park the bus at your place Sunday.

He can park it. We'll smash the windows and climb through the other side. Have you watched us play recently? It doesn't matter what he wants - who would want to lose? It won't make any difference. You lot thought we'd drop points against Utd - smashed, then Stoke - annihilated, could have had 10. Now you put your faith in WB at our place when we're steaming? I don't know what will happen, obviously, but on recent evidence do you really see them getting anything? I don't. You boys just worry about Swansea - you've got enough on your plate already.

Back
Top Bottom