The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's only you of any note that has to play both of them. Derbies (you probably won't have heard of these mythical games, supporting Leicester) throw up the odd crazy result, particularly when someone has a brainfart & gets sent off. Everton looked very bad the other night, granted, but so have plenty of teams we have got shat on by over the past few years. Who would have thought Newcastle would have stolen a win when they came to WHL. This is football.

Oh, I agree entirely. There's no logic to this. As Joe pointed out, they've only lost 3 away all season. Against that, we've only lost 3 ALL season.

But who knows? You can never legislate for unforeseen stuff - our last game being a prime example. We'll probably both have twists and turns - could be a key injury, a sending off, a lucky pen - games change on weird stuff. Might be that your mindset alters if it becomes yours to lose.

I take heart from the fact that every time we've been asked a serious question this season we've responded far better than I could have hoped. And no doubt you'll be very encouraged by the great football you're playing and the fact that you look unstoppable.

Rivalries aside, just for a sec - what a time to support either club. Whatever happens, we've both been brilliant in our own ways. In my opinion.

Thank you, Boltonspur - high praise indeed to be "not a cunt". :)

I enjoy looking at forums, but I've never joined one before this - not even foxestalk. I think the extreme, ultra, not giving an inch attitude is a bit different and leads to some really funny stuff, although I think other fans don't know quite how to respond to it. For my part I only try to comment on what's relevant to you lot - you're not going to be particularly interested in the prospects of our young left-back, for example. Hence I only really look at this thread and the Leicester one, because that's where I might have something to add. And to stay away from topics which will only lead to "so's your mum" type exchanges.

So's your mum

Rivalries aside, just for a sec - what a time to support either club. Whatever happens, we've both been brilliant in our own ways. In my opinion.

Can I reserve comment until May 16th?

On a serious note, any other year I'd have been rooting for you lot to stick it to the Chavs, Woolwich cunts, Manures & Citeh's of the league.

Just fate that our 2 teams have scattered that cosy sky 4 club to the fringes. There will be hostilities until it's decided. That is natural. I want to commiserate you lot for falling at the last hurdle. Just like you want to commiserate us lot for putting up a good fight & pushing you all the way.

Oh, I agree entirely. There's no logic to this. As Joe pointed out, they've only lost 3 away all season. Against that, we've only lost 3 ALL season.

But who knows? You can never legislate for unforeseen stuff - our last game being a prime example. We'll probably both have twists and turns - could be a key injury, a sending off, a lucky pen - games change on weird stuff. Might be that your mindset alters if it becomes yours to lose.

I take heart from the fact that every time we've been asked a serious question this season we've responded far better than I could have hoped. And no doubt you'll be very encouraged by the great football you're playing and the fact that you look unstoppable.

Apart from a few people it is all just banter. We are a light hearted bunch on here. Except when we lose, then about 10 people come out of the woodwork to 'melt'. After we drew to Woolwich someone on here said Walker deserves to be shot.
You will get your respect from us at the end of season or when you have won the league. Till then...:dembelefingers:

No you seem alright :dierpochhug:

Can I reserve comment until May 16th?

On a serious note, any other year I'd have been rooting for you lot to stick it to the Chavs, Woolwich cunts, Manures & Citeh's of the league.

Just fate that our 2 teams have scattered that cosy sky 4 club to the fringes. There will be hostilities until it's decided. That is natural. I want to commiserate you lot for falling at the last hurdle. Just like you want to commiserate us lot for putting up a good fight & pushing you all the way.
Yes. Like two boxers who acknowledge each other's strengths after the fight.

One of the reasons I come here is because you're the only ones who knows how this feels. I know a lot of smaller clubs are willing us on because they identify with us - but they've can't know just how weird, wonderful and excruciating it is to challenge for a title when you had no real expectation that you were going to. You blokes do.

And I'd certainly be cheering you on if we were in our normal relegation-battling position, believe me. It's so fucking great to look downwards (from the top 2 spots) and see those clubs we've both left in our dust.

That's what has been lost a little with us being the only one to chase you - before the West Ham game I was resigned to you winning the title as every time I'd hope you slip up you didn't. The West Ham game has been the first time in ages where you've had some arguable decisions/chances against you, you've never been under any pressure before that as you haven't conceded or gone behind for god knows how long.

A few months ago when I thought the league was beyond us I'd have wanted you to win it over anyone else. Now we're the one in the mix, it's completely different. I'm still reluctantly thinking we'll come 2nd, and I will be disappointed - but if you'd asked me at the start of the season if I'd be disappointed finishing 2nd I'd have laughed.

It doesn't feel too long ago I was at West Brom away with Sherwood in charge and a section of fans were singing 'we want our tottenham back'. The progress since then has been amazing. I just feel this is as much as a fairytale for spurs fans as it is Leicester, we can look at money spent etc but at the start of the season I never thought we'd ever be in with a shout of winning the league, not just this season but ever. A resignation like the scum fans that finishing 4th every year and having a few games in champions league would be a success.

This season has been fantastic for both clubs.

That's what has been lost a little with us being the only one to chase you - before the West Ham game I was resigned to you winning the title as every time I'd hope you slip up you didn't. The West Ham game has been the first time in ages where you've had some arguable decisions/chances against you, you've never been under any pressure before that as you haven't conceded or gone behind for god knows how long.

A few months ago when I thought the league was beyond us I'd have wanted you to win it over anyone else. Now we're the one in the mix, it's completely different. I'm still reluctantly thinking we'll come 2nd, and I will be disappointed - but if you'd asked me at the start of the season if I'd be disappointed finishing 2nd I'd have laughed.

It doesn't feel too long ago I was at West Brom away with Sherwood in charge and a section of fans were singing 'we want our tottenham back'. The progress since then has been amazing. I just feel this is as much as a fairytale for spurs fans as it is Leicester, we can look at money spent etc but at the start of the season I never thought we'd ever be in with a shout of winning the league, not just this season but ever. A resignation like the scum fans that finishing 4th every year and having a few games in champions league would be a success.

Yes, agreed. And from my perspective the way you have improved from decent team with great manager who might do something in a couple of years, to Jesus these guys can play, to fuck me they're not going anywhere, to unstoppable football gods has been incredible. And in any other season I'd be watching your results for very different reasons than I do at the moment.

But just last season we were nailed on to go down with 7 to go. A couple of years before that we were in league one! Challenging for the PL title seemed a fucking long way away then, believe me.

Of course I'll be gutted if we don't win it, because the chance of doing it again is pretty slim for us, realistically, whereas I think if you hold on to Poch you have a real chance to build something very special. But 2nd, in the PL, losing out to worthy opponents (because if you do win it you'll have deserved it) - I could live with that.

Everton have only lost 3 away this season. Just sayin'.

What is the one thing Everton can do? Score goals. Lukaku is excellent and he'll score against Leicester. Especially now the referee will be looking at what pushing, pulling, shirt tugging is going on in the box. Can Leicester score against Everton? Probably. Can they out score them? Probably not in my opinion.

Brilliant post. Take a bow, Sir.

Yes, agreed. And from my perspective the way you have improved from decent team with great manager who might do something in a couple of years, to Jesus these guys can play, to fuck me they're not going anywhere, to unstoppable football gods has been incredible. And in any other season I'd be watching your results for very different reasons than I do at the moment.

But just last season we were nailed on to go down with 7 to go. A couple of years before that we were in league one! Challenging for the PL title seemed a fucking long way away then, believe me.

Of course I'll be gutted if we don't win it, because the chance of doing it again is pretty slim for us, realistically, whereas I think if you hold on to Poch you have a real chance to build something very special. But 2nd, in the PL, losing out to worthy opponents (because if you do win it you'll have deserved it) - I could live with that.
:gallashmm:
Come back when you've bottled it. Cunt

:dierpochhug:

Cannot wait for these games, starting with this weekend. I don't think I've ever been this excited. I just know Leicester are going to blow it.

Leicester have never had this pressure before. Even though people talked about Leicester winning the title previously, there was no expectation that they would and there were loads of games left. Then they went ten points clear the day before we played Man Utd and everyone said they had done it. Their fans started singing that they has won the league already. Then we thrashed Man Utd and they realised - we were not going to roll over and let them have it, we will take every point left so they can't afford to slip up. And then, immediately....they slipped up. Now it is only 5 points. Soon, maybe this weekend, it will be 2 or 3 points only. Swansea have not had their best season, everyone would agree with that, but they are almost safe (but not quite), and they've been in the Prem for a few seasons now, they are no mugs and they have some quality players. And lets face it, Leicester don't like playing the smaller teams. They played shitty shitty Villa three times this season...two loses and a draw is what Leicester got out of those three matches.

Their manager never admitted they were thinking they could win the title - it was always a dream, or CL, or finishing high up the table, or avoiding relegation, until today's press conference that is, when he said it. Now Leicester know they are in a title fight, it is not theirs yet, they have a chance to win it but they might not be able to. It is all any Leicester staff/player can think about now and it will cause mass nerves in games. The pressure before the game on Sunday will be palpable around the ground, in the players eyes in the tunnel and just before kick off. And every time a Swansea player gets the ball, falls over in or around the box, gets a corner, or lines up for a shot the Leicester fans will hold their breath and cover their eyes. If Swansea take points there will be pictures of little Leicester children crying on Sky Sports and everyone will be waiting in expectation for Leicester to fuck up further. The stakes are ten times higher than they have ever been and it is only going to get worse, because Spurs are not going to drop any points

In contrast, Spurs are just enjoying it. We want to play because we know we are better than whoever we face. We have energy because unlike Leicester, we have a young squad with the best fitness in the league. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Now if we close those five points in the next two games, then we may feel pressure. We'll see. But right now we are under none. We've all seen that the way we've been playing, even though we've played second. That is the only thing I hate about playing second - having to wait longer to see my team destroy the opposition and add more pressure to Leicester.

Cannot wait for these games, starting with this weekend. I don't think I've ever been this excited. I just know Leicester are going to blow it.

Leicester have never had this pressure before. Even though people talked about Leicester winning the title previously, there was no expectation that they would and there were loads of games left. Then they went ten points clear the day before we played Man Utd and everyone said they had done it. Their fans started singing that they has won the league already. Then we thrashed Man Utd and they realised - we were not going to roll over and let them have it, we will take every point left so they can't afford to slip up. And then, immediately....they slipped up. Now it is only 5 points. Soon, maybe this weekend, it will be 2 or 3 points only. Swansea have not had their best season, everyone would agree with that, but they are almost safe (but not quite), and they've been in the Prem for a few seasons now, they are no mugs and they have some quality players. And lets face it, Leicester don't like playing the smaller teams. They played shitty shitty Villa three times this season...two loses and a draw is what Leicester got out of those three matches.

Their manager never admitted they were thinking they could win the title - it was always a dream, or CL, or finishing high up the table, or avoiding relegation, until today's press conference that is, when he said it. Now Leicester know they are in a title fight, it is not theirs yet, they have a chance to win it but they might not be able to. It is all any Leicester staff/player can think about now and it will cause mass nerves in games. The pressure before the game on Sunday will be palpable around the ground, in the players eyes in the tunnel and just before kick off. And every time a Swansea player gets the ball, falls over in or around the box, gets a corner, or lines up for a shot the Leicester fans will hold their breath and cover their eyes. If Swansea take points there will be pictures of little Leicester children crying on Sky Sports and everyone will be waiting in expectation for Leicester to fuck up further. The stakes are ten times higher than they have ever been and it is only going to get worse, because Spurs are not going to drop any points

In contrast, Spurs are just enjoying it. We want to play because we know we are better than whoever we face. We have energy because unlike Leicester, we have a young squad with the best fitness in the league. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Now if we close those five points in the next two games, then we may feel pressure. We'll see. But right now we are under none. We've all seen that the way we've been playing, even though we've played second. That is the only thing I hate about playing second - having to wait longer to see my team destroy the opposition and add more pressure to Leicester.
I think that regardless of how incredible we have been of late & how much stronger we look now, we dropped points at crucial times. That said, I think we could just be strong enough to rip it out of their rabid mouths.

If Swansea take points there will be pictures of little Leicester children crying

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom