The Sack Race - REALLY ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would be sounding out Tedesco right now.

Young, exciting, tactical coach that has done well in his 2 decently big jobs already.
Dont know anything about him but i was all for something like Ragnwick as DOF and a young promising coach. Trouble is Levy will lurch into fan appeasing mode as he does when under pressure. He'll want a big or familar name, dont see him going for a non billy big bollocks appointment. That also probably rules out Gallardo sadly. Levy lacks any vision or imagination and as we well know, he knows cock all about football. He'll be thinking Poch, Parker or Rodgers imo and they wont want to come until the season is out(if then)

Uno (uncle Albert) is Levy's puppet . All he has to do is keep us top half . Nobody decent wants the job. His football is pure crap and unenjoyable. He has a weak squad , given poor , mainly mediocre signings and punts .
There is no coordinated rebuild just a mess , Levy overlooks everything and his frugality, poor decisions will only shackle us.
We ain't going anywhere and even a cunt like Levy realises this , top 4 is an impossibility.
The club has other priorities to extend their portfolio.
Ole was a poor sentimental choice . He has come from a club and fan base that demand success and failed. He is on last legs .
See my other post. It seems that we are just treading water, buying for the future to give Poch a new group of players to manage. Until then not sure what objectives have been set for Luno but if we change again then no-one will come because they all know that all we want is Poch back and they won't be kept on unless they have won the CL.
I think that we may be in for a summer of discontent where the old team is dismantled finally and Patrichi is trusted to find REAL alternatives.
This will include Lloris, Doherty, Dier,Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Dele, Kane.
Time to spend 900,000 on Vlahovic etc but will they do it. .????

And then what ? Surely he is just minding the shop until PSG have a bad result and Poch becomes available again.
Then and only then will ENIC either sell or open the moneysafe.
Clearly we are buying everything for 2026 and hoping he will come back by then to manage the players bought by Patrichi.
MEANWHILE they balance the books with NFL and

If this really is the plan then we are the worst run football club in the league. I understand wanting a manager who is not available yet, like City did with Guardiola, but while he was at Bayern they were signing players who fit his style and hired a manager in Pellegrini who plays similar football to Pep. If the long term goal is high pressing, passing football then why is Nuno our manager coaching us to play long ball? Why did we hire a DOF, which Poch never had any interest in working under? Meanwhile West Ham and Leicester continue to build their projects with settled managers while we happily piss seasons down the drain waiting for our saviour who we sacked 2 years ago. ENIC really are insane.

Dont know anything about him but i was all for something like Ragnwick as DOF and a young promising coach. Trouble is Levy will lurch into fan appeasing mode as he does when under pressure. He'll want a big or familar name, dont see him going for a non billy big bollocks appointment. That also probably rules out Gallardo sadly. Levy lacks any vision or imagination and as we well know, he knows cock all about football. He'll be thinking Poch, Parker or Rodgers imo and they wont want to come until the season is out(if then)
He was discussed a bit in the next manager thread yesterday so I'll do a too long, didn't read version.

He's a promising young (36) Italian-German coach (born in Italy, raised in Germany) who came up along with Nagelsmann and the Stuttgart coach. Very tactical with his teams having 2-3 systems that they can switch between depending on the opponent or how the game is going.

He took Schalke to second place in the Bundesliga in the 17-18 season. His second season the entire club was a shambles similarly to us after the CL final and he got canned. But according to a friend of mine who support Schalke they talk about sacking him like we do about sacking Poch. He went on to manage Spartak Moscow in the Russian league and took them to 7th and 2nd place in his two seasons there.

Currently free after leaving Spartak. So he's had two decently big jobs at only 36 and done well at both.

Tagging Paul Gascoigne Paul Gascoigne to this as well since he asked who.

If this really is the plan then we are the worst run football club in the league. I understand wanting a manager who is not available yet, like City did with Guardiola, but while he was at Bayern they were signing players who fit his style and hired a manager in Pellegrini who plays similar football to Pep. If the long term goal is high pressing, passing football then why is Nuno our manager coaching us to play long ball? Why did we hire a DOF, which Poch never had any interest in working under? Meanwhile West Ham and Leicester continue to build their projects with settled managers while we happily piss seasons down the drain waiting for our saviour who we sacked 2 years ago. ENIC really are insane.
That's my view unless Luno gets us into the CL !!

He was discussed a bit in the next manager thread yesterday so I'll do a too long, didn't read version.

He's a promising young (36) Italian-German coach (born in Italy, raised in Germany) who came up along with Nagelsmann and the Stuttgart coach. Very tactical with his teams having 2-3 systems that they can switch between depending on the opponent or how the game is going.

He took Schalke to second place in the Bundesliga in the 17-18 season. His second season the entire club was a shambles similarly to us after the CL final and he got canned. But according to a friend of mine who support Schalke they talk about sacking him like we do about sacking Poch. He went on to manage Spartak Moscow in the Russian league and took them to 7th and 2nd place in his two seasons there.

Currently free after leaving Spartak. So he's had two decently big jobs at only 36 and done well at both.

Tagging Paul Gascoigne Paul Gascoigne to this as well since he asked who.
Oh him ! OK but it would be a risk for us and him. Let's say he does ok but not brilliant, we get into the Europa Cup etc, then Poch gets sacked.
My point is that we are drifting because of this. Unless he would get us back into the big league, he would be gone.
WHY WOULD HE WANT TO WORK FOR US ?

Ole won't be sacked till they get a suitable replacement lined up...... If he manages to string some results together in the time it takes to line someone up he may be able to stay in the job longer.

Nuno won't be sacked unless we're relegation threatened or have a run of 5/6 losses and draws.

If Utd lose this one they will take decisive action, sack OGS and have someone in place (probably Conte) before the next league game.

If we lose, nothing will happen, we will plod on through to the international break, and if things don't improve before the next international break maybe we will sack Nuno 6 games after he should have gone (wait, I think we're already beyond that...) anyway, it will be after the horse has bolted as usual.

Then Levy will have to wait for the moon and stars to align, Mercury to be in retrograde, Jupiter to be ascending, Friday 13th, in a leap year, and a freebie former Chelsea manager just happens to be available (but not Conte!) before appointing a new gaffer...
I think that's the difference between the clubs regarding what 'decisive' decision either takes...
Man Utd are looking to the likes of Cunté, Zidane, Rogers or Ten Hag... Could be costly, and/or difficult to do it quickly...

We'd be looking at Steady Eddie Howe, Scott Parker or Graham Potter.... dunno if any would come, or what they'd cost, but surely nowhere near Utd's shortlist!

Oh him ! OK but it would be a risk for us and him. Let's say he does ok but not brilliant, we get into the Europa Cup etc, then Poch gets sacked.
My point is that we are drifting because of this. Unless he would get us back into the big league, he would be gone.
WHY WOULD HE WANT TO WORK FOR US ?
Living in London, getting a foot into the Premier League. The money.

People think that we are unattractive option but that is just not true. Premier League clubs will always be able to attract managers even if it is just for the money.

People also assume that we are just waiting for Poch to come back. But if Tedesco hits the ground running and impresses (in a scenario where we get him) he will be allowed to continue.

This idea that no one wants to come here is to me just doom and gloom.

It's paper talk surely. Look at utd's next few games, champions and then city. I doubt a new manager would go straight into those games, more like lose those games and it's new manager time. Gives the board a bit of an excuse, blah blah Liverpool blah blah and now city, can't risk champions blah rather than dropping someone straight in it. Besides, I imagine they see us as an easy game to steady the ship, a chance for Ole.

As for us, why sack Nuno? Who else is there? He was 8th choice as is. I think levy prefers the attention he gets from an unpopular manager than from him not being able to get one.

More like: look we got you a manager that you said you so 'desperately needed,' and we've got all this NFL and guns n roses to look after. If he really fucks it, and we mean reeeeeally fucks it, then give us a call. A few calls. And then, maybe, if you can get through, we'll see what we can do but no promises. And another thing: next time, can we talk about something other than football please?

Back
Top Bottom