The Sack Race - REALLY ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So the situation is , unless we have slipped near the drop zone , Nuno is going nowhere untill his contract runs out .

In the mean time the club will provide a few players here and there at their own discretion . Be prepared to sell anybody in any any transfer window and do not expect an adequate replacement.

Just keep turning up , paying for expensive season tickets , buying merchandise , and enjoy the events being held at the Enic Super Arena .

Bonjour
Nuno Will be fired if we don’t go to Europe or we start to be far away from that.

If we are in a new cycle why bother keeping Kane and Son. The fact they wawaste two topquality players career is criminal and Levy should just resign because this is unacceptable. Why the Fuck did we appoint a manager who's ceiling is at Championship level. If he took the Palace job he would have got them relegated.
It’s infuriating. And a new cycle implies development of talent. Who is Nuno attempting to develop?

Please don’t say Skipp.

It’s infuriating. And a new cycle implies development of talent. Who is Nuno attempting to develop?

Please don’t say Skipp.
This. You could accept a year of mid table if we had a load of 19/20 year olds breaking through but we have a keeper out of contract in the summer, Kane wanting out, Son 29, Moura 30 and i suspect 7 or 8 others we want to offload. Why wasnt more done in the summer if this is a new cycle? We're not building for the future, just treading water and firefighting issues.

But he won't be given much longer. Levy has never let a underperforming manager stay an entire season.
Who will they get in? The circus that led to Nunos appointment was exhausting and embarassing for all parties and that was with months of free time to search. I'd hate to see what happens with it going on just 8 games into the season.

Who will they get in? The circus that led to Nunos appointment was exhausting and embarassing for all parties and that was with months of free time to search. I'd hate to see what happens with it going on just 8 games into the season.
No point sacking Nuno and putting Mason or another temp in charge. Ten Haq and Conti who we looked at in the Summer do not look like they are going to the 2 Money rich clubs, Newcastle and MU looking for a new Manager and will not come to us. Any high profile Manager is either not moving or will stall until those 2 vacancies have gone.
Is the problem the Manager or Kane or the team. A bit of them all but I think we are a few weeks away from a new Manager and longer if results improve. Despite poor performances we are 6th and still in all Cup competitions.

Please don’t say Skipp.
What is the point of Nuno I would rather see almost anyone as manager over Nuno and that includes people like Scott Parker who I said no way to a few months ago. My expectations for our next manager have been downgraded massively.

A new cycle lol. The only reason we are in this position is because of gross mismanagement and negligence of the team. Hire a stop gap manger on a 2 year contract at the start of a project yeah okay.

This. You could accept a year of mid table if we had a load of 19/20 year olds breaking through but we have a keeper out of contract in the summer, Kane wanting out, Son 29, Moura 30 and i suspect 7 or 8 others we want to offload. Why wasnt more done in the summer if this is a new cycle? We're not building for the future, just treading water and firefighting issues.
If the building for the future few year cycle guff was anything but dogshit we would have signed: Olise, Eze ect. We'd be hoovering up young English talent too. We are trying to build a team for Pochettino in 18 months time and hoping no one notices. Whilst being hamstrung by having to pretend to agents they are part of Nuno's very boring plan.

We are staring through PSG's widows hoping desperately that they get mad at Poch not putting the toilet seat down. Its not a plan it's pathetic. Levy has got two footballing decisions correct in twenty-one years. He is about to make another catastrophic error.

Can only infer that this means paratici is supposed to be the driving force behind this “transition” because nuno can only really be considered an irrelevance in that respect.

Even so, we should have got Parker or potter. No doubt in my mind they would have both bought a suitable philosophy

Please don’t say Skipp.
Amongst the squad now I imagine the view is that the core of the 'development' group is:

Romero
Tanganga
Emerson
Reguilon
Skipp
Sarr
Gil

And we will add to this in subsequent windows with more signings of players under 23 years old.

Gio and Ndombele will probably be moved on as soon as we get a decent offer.

And we will gradually get rid of the deadwood.

Amongst the squad now I imagine the view is that the core of the 'development' group is:

Romero
Tanganga
Emerson
Reguilon
Skipp
Sarr
Gil

That is awful if true, but you are likely right. That is not a group that inspires any confidence for the future at all.

Levy and Paritici knew exactly what they were getting when they brought Nuno in.

Levy turned round when Jose was sacked and started talking about trying to find a manager who promotes a more attack-minded brand of football. After being either rejected by or unable to find anyone who fitted that bill, he then went and signed an even shitter version of Mourinho.

You don’t buy a transit van and complain that it’s not a Ferrari a month later. You know what you’re buying when you buy it. Getting rid of Nuno for setting teams up like Nuno would be ridiculous.

Levy should walk before Nuno does.

Back
Top Bottom