The Sack Race

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it’s gonna be either Ole or Parker first

I think Ole will get lucky and stick around longer to remain as Woodwards puppet to shift blame to when things don't work.

He is lucky that he doesn't have owners that are involved that much in the on field aspects of the team so there will be no drive from them to fire him and the only other guy that could likely realizes with Ole gone more focus will shift to what a horrible job he has done.

Parker has a complete moron for an owner and even worse an even bigger moron as the owners son. They have shown in the NFL to be incredibly stupid keeping their inept GM around for way too long so maybe they have way too much loyalty or confidence in themselves to turn it around but with a moron in charge anything is possible.

As for Bilic sure he could go and he is no great manager so it wouldn't be a big loss but I am not sure what they expect with that team they put out there. I don't think prime Ferguson with all his ref buddies and help from the FA could get much out of that group.

Ole has a special type of goodwill with the fans at Old Trafford that I think he'll hang on for a bit more.

Parker has to sadly be my candidate for the boot.

Chavs wanted him before they appointed Lampard. The pressure is well and truly on fat frank. Suspect he will be given until Christmas but if performances remain a bits shit he'll be given the boot.

I think Pep is also under pressure right now, so Chavs, PSG & City would all potentially be having quiet disaster recovery meetings with a view to covering the managerial spot, with Poch in a very shortlist of new managers.
I Agree, They will all want him. I think Poch will go to PSG though. He is an ex-player and will get trophies under his belt in a less competitive league. Then he will return to Spurs in 4 or 5 years is my prediction.

Obviously I get it looking at the bigger picture.

But he just salvaged a point against Man City, who most people probably did not expect West Bromwich to do so it feels a bit like punishing positives right now. At least wait until a loss.
Maybe...

They aren't a team that I want to watch, so beyond them playing us I've not seen them play an entire game other than highlights but maybe what is harsh on him is they were absolutely nailed on to be shit this season, as last season they were arguably the worst of the teams that were promoted, loads, and loads of draws that on another day could have been losses and were it not for Brentford's spectacular meltdown at the end of the season they might not have got promoted.

I don't think it matters, in the immediate terms of results like drawing against City for example. Those that evaluate his performance would have been doing so for a long time, you would hope that they communicate their concerns directly with him too, so in effect, he shouldn't be surprised on how he is perceived and what he needs to do to change (that might not be simply "win more games", it could be merely having a team respond to how they think the team should play, so performance over results???).

They are going to Championship anyway. I'm just sick of cowards running this small clubs, bringing in the likes of Big Sam, Pardew etc.. Brighton is good example of what what level of a club should aim to. Even though they don't have the results, eventually, they will come because they are playing good brand of football.

They are going to Championship anyway. I'm just sick of cowards running this small clubs, bringing in the likes of Big Sam, Pardew etc.. Brighton is good example of what what level of a club should aim to. Even though they don't have the results, eventually, they will come because they are playing good brand of football.
I get what you are saying but that's not a guarantee of survival as per Wigan under Martinez, Bournemouth under Howe, Norwich under Farke and Huddersfield to a degree. Then there was the disaster of Stoke, who after a decade of this shittest football known to man, that even their own shite fans couldn't stand it anymore they made the change to play a different way and promptly got relegated.

Maybe some of these clubs are on a longer-term strategy, that also includes the likelihood of getting relegated which they factor in and plan for, they enjoy the promotion and the money of their first year, they use that to reinvest into the club that would have taken a decade to do had they remained in the Champ., then use the parachute payments which is still a huge advantage over the other clubs, and with this investment aim to go back up but stronger than the first time????

But 100% the appointment of Big Sam when in this position in the table is ultimately doing a deal with the devil. I can bet if this happens that Big Sam is loving it as it was Bilic who replaced him at West Ham.

Ole has a special type of goodwill with the fans at Old Trafford that I think he'll hang on for a bit more.

Parker has to sadly be my candidate for the boot.
Relatively speaking, Ole is actually doing alright. They're not playing great football and they just failed in the CL....but if they win their game in hand they're 2pts off the top (as it stands). They're not doing badly at all. If Utd have sense they'll keep Ole for this season, give him January and the summer and see where they stand. They're a probably a CB and a LB away from being a very decent team. And they have the ability to bring both of those in whenever they want.

Woolwich. Now they're doing badly.

Relatively speaking, Ole is actually doing alright. They're not playing great football and they just failed in the CL....but if they win their game in hand they're 2pts off the top (as it stands). They're not doing badly at all. If Utd have sense they'll keep Ole for this season, give him January and the summer and see where they stand. They're a probably a CB and a LB away from being a very decent team. And they have the ability to bring both of those in whenever they want.

Woolwich. Now they're doing badly.
Get rid of Pogba and buy wisely with the money received he should be ok

Bloody good manager, salt of the earth bloke etc etc.

Sheff Utd collapsed last season as well. Surely he should've gone by now
I didn't think Sheff Utd were anything special when they played us last season, just got a bit lucky we were terrible and had very dubious ref/VAR call go against us in respective matches. Thought they would get found out and thus it proved. Wilder doesn't have much of a squad to play with tbf.

Back
Top Bottom