The Sack Race

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Curious to see who the replacement is. If they don't have anyone and install a caretaker manager.....idiots who deserve to go down.
sam allardyce sunderland GIF

These tin pot clubs never cease to amaze me, You have to be giving Bilic a bit more time, I mean they just got a draw at City last night so the timing is bizarre.
Sacking the manager rarely works even if it produces a short term bounce, ask Watford.

I didn't think Sheff Utd were anything special when they played us last season, just got a bit lucky we were terrible and had very dubious ref/VAR call go against us in respective matches. Thought they would get found out and thus it proved. Wilder doesn't have much of a squad to play with tbf.
Agreed but he has panicked and bought Brewster when what he needed was Rodon !

Agreed but he has panicked and bought Brewster when what he needed was Rodon !
Yes. Though I do find it hard to judge managers with scarce resources. Dyche is another, though imv a higher tier than Wilder. Would he do better with more resources? Most likely. Would he play a 'better' (i.e., more aesthetically pleasing) style of football? A more open question.

Yes. Though I do find it hard to judge managers with scarce resources. Dyche is another, though imv a higher tier than Wilder. Would he do better with more resources? Most likely. Would he play a 'better' (i.e., more aesthetically pleasing) style of football? A more open question.

What makes you think these managers would do better with better resources?

When they're given big money at these small clubs, they buy shit and not smart.

They are usually at these clubs for a reason.

Has Dyche really been given much in the way of resources at all?

Your point is well made for a guy like Eddie Howe who pissed away money. I can't think of any major signings Burnley has made though.

I do actually think it'd be interesting to see what Dyche would come up with at a side like Everton.

Has Dyche really been given much in the way of resources at all?

Your point is well made for a guy like Eddie Howe who pissed away money. I can't think of any major signings Burnley has made though.

I do actually think it'd be interesting to see what Dyche would come up with at a side like Everton.

He signed Ben Gibson for about £15,000,000. Which I think was a record deal.

At Everton, he'd probably be the kind to splash £30,000,000 on James Tarkowski.

He signed Ben Gibson for about £15,000,000. Which I think was a record deal.

At Everton, he'd probably be the kind to splash £30,000,000 on James Tarkowski.
I guess it's hard to know what style he would want to play with more resources. Maybe he's playing the way he is because it's the most pragmatic way to get points at Burnley. Not sure.

Their net spend over the past 5 seasons is just 10 million per season.

Not necessarily. If we take Dyche for instance he has never been given money. Wilder likewise has had small budgets to work with. Could they rectify problems if they had more money? I think they have both shown qualities as managers that mean they might do better with more cash but it's tricky to say for certain. Sometimes managers at less-fancied clubs are given resources and waste the money, like Eddie Howe did, but others spend it widely and get a 'bigger' job and do well at another club. Plenty of examples both ways so it's difficult to generalise.

These tin pot clubs never cease to amaze me, You have to be giving Bilic a bit more time, I mean they just got a draw at City last night so the timing is bizarre.
Sacking the manager rarely works even if it produces a short term bounce, ask Watford.
BFS will only demand cash which they should have given Bilic

Ridiculous decision

Back
Top Bottom