The Sack Race

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mental decision. I think he would have kept them up.

There’s no way they’re bringing in someone better.

Mugs
Who they bring in next is going to be pivotal to how the fans respond to this.

If they don't nail it, even if it is just a guy that will put together a fun championship team, there will be revolts in Burnley.

Mental decision. I think he would have kept them up.

There’s no way they’re bringing in someone better.

Mugs

Maybe, maybe not but he was still their biggest asset.

Don't both the CBs leave for free this summer?

....They'll both cruise into new lower half clubs.

Feel like Dyche probably clashed with the chairman .. those bastards have given him nothing to build on for years. Hope they go down.

It's like Stoke and Pullis...... The king is dead, the romance is gone...... Now fuck off you miserable cloggers.

Another hoofball team with despicable fans to be relegated and hopefully replaced in the PL by a team who try to pass the ball and not kick the oppo to pieces.

Fulham and B'mouth well placed, nice away trips too.

Forest with momentum

The Ginger Pep set up nicely to take over from Legohead

:contepray:

The up side I guess is that Dyche is too good a manager to be without work for long. He'll manage a team in the prem next season.

Hopefully the universal karma rights itself and he somehow gets the United job.
What Club would want him though?

I think he's done a fantastic job at Burnley, to have them remain in the PL on their budget is brilliant. But I look at all the Clubs in the PL and the only one where he'd be a good fit is West Ham, possibly Norwich(???) but they've just appointed Smith (and I didn't think he was a right fit for them following Farke).

All the other Clubs are hell-bent on playing a style of football away from the type played at Burnley and West Ham (I've absolutely no idea about Watford, they change their manager 2 or 3 times a year and don't seem to give a shit about how they play). There is of cause is an argument about whether the other Clubs managers are good or not, where they are in their timeline to working towards something or are struggling to implement their ideas. But all Clubs with the exception of the 2 (Watford 3) I've mentioned have a modern progressive coach in place.

There is no denying that there is a very strong case to sack Dyce, they are shite this season but he should be owed some time to fix it, moreover, if they did go down he's possibly a candidate to hire to get them back up.

But can't help thinking that this is the end of Burnley, in that we'll not see them in the PL again. Before they were taken over last year, they had £40m cash in the bank, no debt, having invested in a state of the art training ground. With Dyce as their manager, with fans happy and accepting of their style of football, everyone (inside and outside of the club) confident of them surviving in the PL things actually looked good there.

The new owners bought the club as a leveraged takeover using Burnley's own money!! So well done to them for putting the Club at £90m in debt and overseeing a probable relegation, whilst putting in absolutely fuck all!! Utter madness! If they go down they can kiss goodbye to +£100m in revenue.

We know a guy that likes a stack of money and a pint of wine.

7051b413-9959-45ae-9281-ad702584896c
sam-allardyce-big-sam.gif

What Club would want him though?

I think he's done a fantastic job at Burnley, to have them remain in the PL on their budget is brilliant. But I look at all the Clubs in the PL and the only one where he'd be a good fit is West Ham, possibly Norwich(???) but they've just appointed Smith (and I didn't think he was a right fit for them following Farke).

All the other Clubs are hell-bent on playing a style of football away from the type played at Burnley and West Ham (I've absolutely no idea about Watford, they change their manager 2 or 3 times a year and don't seem to give a shit about how they play). There is of cause is an argument about whether the other Clubs managers are good or not, where they are in their timeline to working towards something or are struggling to implement their ideas. But all Clubs with the exception of the 2 (Watford 3) I've mentioned have a modern progressive coach in place.

There is no denying that there is a very strong case to sack Dyce, they are shite this season but he should be owed some time to fix it, moreover, if they did go down he's possibly a candidate to hire to get them back up.

But can't help thinking that this is the end of Burnley, in that we'll not see them in the PL again. Before they were taken over last year, they had £40m cash in the bank, no debt, having invested in a state of the art training ground. With Dyce as their manager, with fans happy and accepting of their style of football, everyone (inside and outside of the club) confident of them surviving in the PL things actually looked good there.

The new owners bought the club as a leveraged takeover using Burnley's own money!! So well done to them for putting the Club at £90m in debt and overseeing a probable relegation, whilst putting in absolutely fuck all!! Utter madness! If they go down they can kiss goodbye to +£100m in revenue.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a decent championship club and work on getting them promoted. Aside from that, he'd be a good Moyes replacement at West Ham if he ever leaves, and Dyche might fancy a little break.

But aside from that, there will always be one of these clubs trying to play progressive football who end up hitting the panic button and going down a different route, so an opportunity will present itself.

Another hoofball team with despicable fans to be relegated and hopefully replaced in the PL by a team who try to pass the ball and not kick the oppo to pieces.

Fulham and B'mouth well placed, nice away trips too.

Forest with momentum

The Ginger Pep set up nicely to take over from Legohead

:contepray:
But the PL will still have Villa kicking their way through games

Back
Top Bottom