The Sack Race

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's official.

What an absolute circus.

I know that there has been talks about Barca wanting rid of Valverde for over a year for not fitting the "barca model" but the board just ended up walking over his dignity in the way they went about it.

Yes the squad had lost faith in him, and the fans wanted more attacking football. But Valverde has acted like a consumate pro through it all, unlike the Barca board.

Good luck Mr. Setien.

What an absolute circus.

I know that there has been talks about Barca wanting rid of Valverde for over a year for not fitting the "barca model" but the board just ended up walking over his dignity in the way they went about it.

Yes the squad had lost faith in him, and the fans wanted more attacking football. But Valverde has acted like a consumate pro through it all, unlike the Barca board.

Good luck Mr. Setien.

I don't know, it just looks like they keep replacing one average coach with another. It's quite baffling. They're doing this ever since Pep left, the only exception being Luis Enrique (who isn't a top tier coach himself in my vision, but still better than the likes of Valverde or Martino).

The way their board acts is amateurish and this is yet another example. If I were their fan, I'd be fuming.

I don't know, it just looks like they keep replacing one average coach with another. It's quite baffling. They're doing this ever since Pep left, the only exception being Luis Enrique (who isn't a top tier coach himself in my vision, but still better than the likes of Valverde or Martino).

The way their board acts is amateurish and this is yet another example. If I were their fan, I'd be fuming.
Enrique also got a lot of critique for being too defensive.

Setien will at least play the style of football that the fans crave. But he is rather untested on that absolute top level.

The Barca boardroom are a bunch of clowns. But they are entertaining ones at least.

Enrique also got a lot of critique for being too defensive.

Setien will at least play the style of football that the fans crave. But he is rather untested on that absolute top level.

The Barca boardroom are a bunch of clowns. But they are entertaining ones at least.

Yes, the pressure that comes with managing such a club is immense. Add to that a locker room with some big egos and Setien already has an immense task on his hands.

as14.jpg

Not sacked, fuck knows what's gone on there.

In a Facebook post, he stated that he needs trust and support from the people in charge of the club...

"Als Cheftrainer benötige ich allerdings für diese Aufgabe, die noch nicht erledigt ist, auch das Vertrauen der handelnden Personen. Gerade im Abstiegskampf sind Einheit, Zusammenhalt und Konzentration auf das Wesentliche die wichtigsten Elemente. Sind die nicht garantiert, kann ich mein Potenzial als Trainer nicht ausschöpfen und kann meiner Verantwortung somit auch nicht gerecht werden."

In a Facebook post, he stated that he needs trust and support from the people in charge of the club...

"Als Cheftrainer benötige ich allerdings für diese Aufgabe, die noch nicht erledigt ist, auch das Vertrauen der handelnden Personen. Gerade im Abstiegskampf sind Einheit, Zusammenhalt und Konzentration auf das Wesentliche die wichtigsten Elemente. Sind die nicht garantiert, kann ich mein Potenzial als Trainer nicht ausschöpfen und kann meiner Verantwortung somit auch nicht gerecht werden."
Thought he was doing OK even though they have lost the last 2 , was in the relegation zone when he took over.

Klinsmann was a wonderful player and will always be loved by Spurs, but he's a fucking nightmare as a manager. Was at Bayern, was at the USNT, same at Hertha. Dude is a megolomaniac who feels like he has to control everything, and tactically he relies on his staff to do anything related to the on-pitch football. In reality he just wants his own club, but doesn't have the money to buy one.

No one believed us Americans when you were clamoring for him to come in at Spurs. We dodged a massive bullet. He's Tactics Tim with a more illustrious playing career. Or a bad Van Gaal caricature. Take your pick.

Klinsmann was a wonderful player and will always be loved by Spurs, but he's a fucking nightmare as a manager. Was at Bayern, was at the USNT, same at Hertha. Dude is a megolomaniac who feels like he has to control everything, and tactically he relies on his staff to do anything related to the on-pitch football. In reality he just wants his own club, but doesn't have the money to buy one.

No one believed us Americans when you were clamoring for him to come in at Spurs. We dodged a massive bullet. He's Tactics Tim with a more illustrious playing career. Or a bad Van Gaal caricature. Take your pick.
The best thing Klinsmann probably did for US football was that his contacts probably played a part in so many American players making the move to Germany a few years back which has to have helped boost your national team a bit?

But yeah. His coaching career is not that impressive.

Jeeeeeez, the drugs really must be strong for some of our fanbase!:pochshock2:

The best thing Klinsmann probably did for US football was that his contacts probably played a part in so many American players making the move to Germany a few years back which has to have helped boost your national team a bit?

But yeah. His coaching career is not that impressive.
We'll see if it bears fruit in 2026, all of those players are very young and still very raw.

Back
Top Bottom